Star Wars Episode 7 Thread

Bokishi

How the hell do they figure this? They haven't even seen the movie yet? http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/new-star-wars-blasted-as-anti-white/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't know, I don't see race, I just know I covered my mouth like a teenage girl to keep the tears from streaking my mascara. 

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

How the hell do they figure this? They haven't even seen the movie yet? http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/new-star-wars-blasted-as-anti-white/

Thanks. Now I know exactly what to point at when somebody asks me about my asocial tendencies. And if they still aren't convinced, I'll just suggest they read the comments.

Also, Mark Hamill's absence from the poster is pretty conspicuous. Or is it? :shifty:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Move along, /pol/ is having a slow day and have nothing else to do than to troll the SW-universe.

Am I the only one than seem to lack any interest in the new movies? Maybe I am still in heavy denial after the prequels, those emotional scars will never heal :( :(

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I know I've said this before but that lightsaber the sith guy is using is just impractical as hell. There is no way he is not missing a few fingers. 

Thomas Sowell

Move along, /pol/ is having a slow day and have nothing else to do than to troll the SW-universe.

Am I the only one than seem to lack any interest in the new movies? Maybe I am still in heavy denial after the prequels, those emotional scars will never heal :( :(

Hey George Lucas is out of the picture so there is at least a fighting chance it will be good.

Thomas Sowell

Watching Star Wars was a magical experience as a kid though.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hey George Lucas is out of the picture so there is at least a fighting chance it will be good.

Let the healing begin....with great lense-flares.

I'll show myself out.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

we got no doubt that a few directors and studios has various agendas they wanna push.  is nothing new.  push anti-communist then five years later it is anti-military. save the trees. save the planet. does such stuff give the sjw conspiracy nutters ammunition?  dunno.  hell, original star trek tv show weren't exactly being subtle about the diversity o' their cast, were they? star trek were fantastic stuff.  am suspecting that is a generation o' nerds in the late seventies and early eighties who watched star trek as kids and learned more 'bout diversity by accident than they ever got from school.  'course they also learned that women is 'posed to wear go-go boots and dangerous short skirts... or nothing but green paint.  baby steps.

then again, have a traditionally white male character played by a latino woman and folks will ask, "why?"  hell, am gonna admit that for recent fantastic four movie we were curious how they were gonna manage a white sue storm and a black johnny storm.  adoption were our guess, but we did wonder, "why?" Gromnir does not feel oppressed if santa claus is played by a white guy... and we don't feel empowered if Denzel Washington gets to play George Washington.

*shrug*

have a white female and black male protagonist for star wars  = sjw?  unless the conspiracy nuts got more info than we is privy to, we don't see it.  

oh, and we agree that the lightsabre cross-guard is silly... but so too is a lightsabre. and the sabrestaff that darth maul used were equal dumb as the crossguard thing.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

If someone is going to boycott a movie or a book because the directors might have a political agenda they don't like they won't be seeing to many movies or reading too many books. I figure if the actors can haul the water and the story is good who cares what they look like. When the actors suck, well it doesn't doom the movie but it sure hurts (looking at YOU Hayden Christensen). 

Thomas Sowell

At least Christiansen was less annoying than Jake Lloyd as Anakin.

Really though, Sir Laurence Olivier couldn't have spun silk out of the pig's ear prequel dialogue, that and the 'faster, more intense' direction is on Lucas. McGregor and McDiarmid managed to do well despite the material, albeit in McDiarmid's case by playing the panto villain and alternately mugging the audience/ chewing the scenery but Portman, who is a pretty good actor in other things had similar problems to Christiansen in the prequels.

As for the trailer, well, it's Star Wars and I have to admit it makes older me feel like I'm ten again so mission accomplished there.

• Like 1

there is a distinct lack of Hamil in the poster

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

When the actors suck, well it doesn't doom the movie but it sure hurts (looking at YOU Hayden Christensen).

While I used to make a lot of fun Hayden's sweaty Mannequin Skywalker, I recently watched some silly YouTube video that was like "10 Things the Prequels Did Right" and it mentioned that you should pay attention to Hayden when he's not having to speak George Lucas' awful dialogue. He acts the hell out of it when he doesn't have to talk. Dude's got the presence to pull it off - and since I've seen him in other movies, I know he can act. I'm not going to say he's an amazing actor - he was mediocre in Jumper and that silly movie with Nick Cage, but he was pretty great in Shattered Glass - but since these movies also managed to get terrible or boring performances out of Natalie Portman, Liam Neeson and freaking Samuel L Jackson out of all people, and had Ewan McGregor visibly holding back laughter because of some of the awful lines he had to say (I better cover my mouth quickly because I cannot say "He killed YOUNGLINGS" without smirking!) I'm starting to lean towards George Lucas ruining that performance more than Hayden did.

• Like 1

The trouble with Lucas is that he directs for the edits. He shoots stuff with an eye for how its going to look and how he can cut and splice it and shift from one scene to the next. Editing is where he has serious talent. Unfortunately, that leaves his style of directing as basically "faster, louder, more intense". Which sucks for the actors (and one of the key reasons Ford disliked working with him).

I will also say that Hayden doesn't deserve the title of Mannequin Skywalker, it was that annoying kid in the Phantom Menace who gets that award.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I feel like I'm really missing out on something with my inability to care about this new Star Wars movie.
Everybody is so excited and I'm over here like "Okay."

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Again, to be fair, children require far more directing than adults and I feel like that was lacking. Star Wars ruined his life because George Lucas is bad. :p

Eh, from all accounts and backstage stories, he was ruined by his parents and was a really, really annoying little **** to everyone because "I've been picked to play the hero!"

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I feel like I'm really missing out on something with my inability to care about this new Star Wars movie.

Everybody is so excited and I'm over here like "Okay."

I'll one up you. I was like "Okay." when they announced the fourth movie (the first prequel movie) because Return of the Jedi was such a let down. Muppets and Ewoks... my fanboyism turned to "don't care" that night in the Cinema :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So, I dont know Jack about SW cannon. This movie obviously takes place after Vader's death and "the force" must have "gone quiet" since people are acting like they dont even know what it it? Also, whos the new big bad supposed to be? Vader's illegitimate space baby or something?

I don't think people ever really knew about "the force" in that way, the Empire tried to to eradicate all knowledge and such of Jedi's and demonized them. but I might be wrong.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So, I dont know Jack about SW cannon. This movie obviously takes place after Vader's death and "the force" must have "gone quiet" since people are acting like they dont even know what it it? Also, whos the new big bad supposed to be? Vader's illegitimate space baby or something?

My guess is that it is Luke, who in this time continuum didn't from new jedi council (like in quashed extended universe), but instead just fall to dark side because he regrets his actions that lead death of his father.

Apparently at 1:40 is Luke, so the thinking is going. Also Chewie might be dead or grievously wounded.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra