Star Wars Episode 7 Thread

Bokishi

10 years ago I came to this forum to talk about Star Wars. Not sure how many fans are still left. But there have been some abundant leaks these past few days, that are getting me hyped again. Anyway feel free to discuss yay or nay

Stormtroopers

imageddsnj.jpg

imagep1sth.jpg

Han Solo

imagexws94.jpg

imagezgsh6.jpg

Slightly older X-Wing leak

image5as1q.jpg

imagep2szh.jpg

• Like 5

So Han's great-granddaughter never existed?

Right now, officially, the only things considered canon in Star Wars are the films and the upcoming products, IIRC.

• Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Right now, officially, the only things considered canon in Star Wars are the films and the upcoming products, IIRC.

Thank god, most of the EU is an absolute mess. Clean slate and some actual writing talent on it would be much appreciated, it's a universe with a lot of potential. Keep Thrawn though..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Some news today from Ep. VIII director, Rian Johnson, regarding a return to practical special effects, something inherent to the original trilogy:

Johnson went into detail about the more traditional approach. "They’re doing so much practical building for this one. It’s awesome," he said. "I think people are coming back around to [practical effects]. It feels like there is sort of that gravity pulling us back toward it. I think that more and more people are hitting kind of a critical mass in terms of the CG-driven action scene lending itself to a very specific type of action scene, where physics go out the window and it becomes so big so quick."

Great news, I think. Real ships, real props, real effects, they're what made the first movies so special.

Also, in new canon news, Marvel has re-assumed comic book rights, and will debut three new Star Wars series beginning in January, get this, set between A New Hope and Empire. One series for the good guys, one that follows Darth Vader and minions, including Fett, and a mini-series featuring Princess Leia.

b1d948aa-e5c9-4529-9c25-0c30da7e0b82_zps

All Stop. On Screen.

I think the RAF should switch to x-wings. No! TIE fighters!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not Episode VII related, unless they go for a Biker Scout redux as well--unlikely, but not impossible. Maybe for VIII or IX. Finally this 6" set came down to a reasonable acquisition threshold, so I made off with one. I'll open it and pose the guy ... still too much to buy two and keep the other in-box. The natural motorcyclist in me always really dug the Speeder Bikes. 

HAS23841_zps09845cdb.jpg

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Someone I trust pointed me to an online T-shirt store, which has probably the best blend of art and popular geek culture I've seen. They use an interesting sales model: for twenty-four hours, a unique new design is available for $11. For one day after that, the same design is $14. For a limited time after that, in their gallery, previous designs are $18. The whole thing really suits my daily internet vigilance compulsion. Plus I like art, and movies and games and books and everything else ... cleverly displayed on a T-shirt. 

Got this design to try out the store. Red Five was, of course, Luke's call sign in Ep. IV.

cf3450f7-70af-4ac0-a0ce-599b5590c569_zps

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Nice !!!

I think 10 years ago around now I saw the trailer for episode 3. Man I really hope Disney will disregard or remake the prequels.

the prequels are based on novels from what i ve heard, and for some reason, they kept out of the movies all the parts that were relevant to a sensible plot

for example the escape from naboo in the first movie, was supposed to be done by hiding the ship in the sensor shadow of an enemy cargo ship and sneaking past. in the movie to make it more spectacular, they made a frontal assault and then ran for it

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

• 2 weeks later...

EU stuff was never canon to begin with. It was just EU stuff. I think lots of people, myself included, entertained other delusions back before the prequels came out, but once they did, Lucas was making it clear. He didn't care about the EU.

Note that prior to the prequels, everyone thought that dark side users would explode on death because Palpatine did. And that the Clone Wars were fought against crazed clones. And Boba Fett has like three origin stories.

The big change that occurred with the EU recently is that no more EU stories are being produced.

Nice !!!

I think 10 years ago around now I saw the trailer for episode 3. Man I really hope Disney will disregard or remake the prequels.

the prequels are based on novels from what i ve heard, and for some reason, they kept out of the movies all the parts that were relevant to a sensible plot

for example the escape from naboo in the first movie, was supposed to be done by hiding the ship in the sensor shadow of an enemy cargo ship and sneaking past. in the movie to make it more spectacular, they made a frontal assault and then ran for it

Someone was lying to you.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

EU stuff was never canon to begin with. It was just EU stuff. I think lots of people, myself included, entertained other delusions back before the prequels came out, but once they did, Lucas was making it clear. He didn't care about the EU.

Note that prior to the prequels, everyone thought that dark side users would explode on death because Palpatine did. And that the Clone Wars were fought against crazed clones. And Boba Fett has like three origin stories.

The big change that occurred with the EU recently is that no more EU stories are being produced.

no,the EU staff was canon,only it had to be 'canonized' by GL in order to be considered fully in the SW Timeline,in the case of the games like Kotor,give it a canon ending,canon alignment

i find it stupid to shut down the entire EU,even if it had crappy stories,it also had good ones

the ancient sith lords don't exist anymore

in my opinion,Clone Wars sucks and keeping that but not the other good novels in the EU is BS

on the movie i must say that i'm not excited at all

for several reasons

1)Disney will **** up the movie

2)the movies that were supposed to be 7-8-9 had the emperor alive until the 9th episode and made sense,so now that the emperor is already dead, what the plot is going to be?Ewoks in TIE fighters doing a crazy party with Jar Jar Biinks?or ridicolous lightsaber swinging for the sake of popularity?

or just a bunch of non sense?

3)if the kept the EU and fixed the bad stuff,they could have set the movie in the 'Jedi Knight:Outcast' period with Kyle Katarn as protagonist,who was a very good character and have Luke/Han/Leia as side characters but nope,let's delete the entire EU,it's the devil

So in a nutshell:i'm putting my expectations at a very low level,so i won't be dissapointed if the movie turned out to be bad,on the other hand,i will be happy if the movie will be good

Edited by DarthDeven

I am worried that Han and Luke will just be there for 5 minuites to say hi and get their checks and the rest of the movie will be about teen troubles with characters from the ****ty Clonewars spinoff.

I'd say I'm guardedly optimistic based on the director's track record. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

When was the last time Disney messed something up?

The Incredible Hulk.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Probably today, it is so big company that it will mess things constantly, if not in their main products (although I would say that The Lone Ranger (2013) at least was mess up and one could also argue same about John Carter (2012)) then in their byproducts like for example leaving certain main characters out of their action figure sets or t-shirts etc..

• Like 1

Probably today, it is so big company that it will mess things constantly, if not in their main products (although I would say that The Lone Ranger (2013) at least was mess up and one could also argue same about John Carter (2012)) then in their byproducts like for example leaving certain main characters out of their action figure sets or t-shirts etc..

I'll give you Lone Ranger, although I never saw that one.  Still, it seems like they hit a lot more homers than duds.