RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

There is definitely a big difference between units shipped and units sold.

Specially if they were shipped to Gamestop

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

There is definitely a big difference between units shipped and units sold.

And since their previous 'record sales' figure press releases were for sell through rather than sell-in/ shipped to retail it suggests their sell-through may not be stellar.

(well, comparatively non-stellar at least)

Edited by Zoraptor

Heh, not that anyone here has it pre-ordered, but the upcoming Crytek-developed, Microsoft-published Xbox One exclusive launch title, Ryse: Son of Rome, was deemed as fun to play as "dialing phone numbers" by Game Informer, even after a full hour of play. He also said it was possible with only one hand on the controller. Beautiful and boring seems to be how games are just made, these days.   

All Stop. On Screen.

Heh, not that anyone here has it pre-ordered, but the upcoming Crytek-developed, Microsoft-published Xbox One exclusive launch title, Ryse: Son of Rome, was deemed as fun to play as "dialing phone numbers" by Game Informer, even after a full hour of play. He also said it was possible with only one hand on the controller. Beautiful and boring seems to be how games are just made, these days.   

That reminds me of some video of one of the recent Gears of War games where the person playing the game would literally do nothing just let the AI squadmates do all the work for him and you could basically run through the entire game like that.  Many of the big explosionfest extravaganzas these days are basically on-rails.  The games are entirely designed on forcing you to go from setpiece to setpiece.  

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Rambo the game gets a gameplaytrailer.

I'm seriously unsure what this game is supposed to be. It looks very dated (almost like some sort of iOS game of yesteryear, yet still being made for PC and current consoles) and messy, it seems to play mostly like Operation Wolf spiced with cutscenes and probably QTE's, and... what is this?

Looks more entertaining tha CoD, though. /smug

This is the only Rambo game anyone needs:

http://www.javidpower.com/lastblood/

(Wow, it's had some serious updates since I've played it last.)

• Like 7

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

That's the next game, some uncharted island in the gulf of mexico off the coast of Biloxi that used to be part of a native civilization, and now just has a bunch of shipwrecked rednecks. 

So I take it I'm going to get to murder about 500 of these rednecks.  Hopefully they'll also manage to shoehorn in some balderdash about ancient rituals and mythical powers that would make Giorgio from Ancient Aliens roll his eyes, presented in a manner so blatantly obvious that any dolt with 2 brain cells to rub together, except Lara Croft, could figure out in all of 12 seconds.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

that editor looks gorgeous.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I'd love to get Blackguards, but I've kind of gotten tired of "episodic." I want to play the entire game in short order. I have too much going on, other games, work, my writing, to keep track of stuff over an episodic schedule.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

by the time grim dawn actually comes out i'll be totally bored with path of exile, so that should work out pretty well

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If you like component hardware, this is the first time we've seen the mobo and hard drive and everything else inside the new console. The CPU/GPU gets a pressurized fan and heatsink. The 8 gigs of RAM are fused to the motherboard, and the power supply is packed inside, unlike the competition's massive exterior brick. Pretty amazing how compact the whole deal is. One week, one day left. :dancing:    

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1h8dvqEItc

All Stop. On Screen.