RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

*youtube*

LOL Next Generation.

to be fair, AC4 was built for current gen.  lets at least wait for AC5 to make the lol next gen jokes (which will probably be deserved)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

All caps, or nothing.

I heard that the orginal Garret was dismissed as voice actor because he couldn't come in to do motion capture, or he sounded too fat or sormething. If that is really true that's just colosally stupid.  New guy is not cutting it at all compared. The voice of Garret is the single most recognisable bit of continuity in the series. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I believe the gentleman is Basso the Boxman from the three previous games, ironically though his voice has a sight more character and nuance than what i've heard of the new Garret, who sounds as dull and generic as it is possible to be.

Edit: Dishonoured should be flattered.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

LOL Next Generation.

I can definitely see a difference, pretty much as much difference as I expected to see.  How much of a difference were you expecting/hoping for?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The levels actually look better in the xbox version in the gameplay. Too crappy rez in the video to tell the textures appart.

The colors are more vibrant in the 360 version.  For whatever reason, they went with a more washed out bluish look to the foliage in the PS4 version than the vibrant greens in the 360 version.  The PS4 definitely has better shadows, lighting effects, and particle effects, as well as significantly better textures on the characters.  The difference were never going to be monumental.  With each new console generation the difference in graphics is less pronounced when compared to the previous generation than with earlier jumps in tech.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not sure whether its Youtube or not but the frames stuttered when panning on the 360 side really badly, that's also noticeable when you watch movies at 1080p@24/30 vs 1080p@48/60. Also the game will be running at 900p/1080p on the PS4, probably 480p on the 360, but in the video I couldn't make that out, where as on a TV it would be obvious. There was some strange pop-in textures in the cut scenes of the 360 versions.

Eurogamer screwed up their PS4 Battlefield 4 capture as well, the gamma was high and the contrast was low, made it look washed out compared to other sites.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

Wadjet Eye Games offered treats to the gamers and got tricked

And this is why the internet can't have nice things.

It's too bad.

If there wasn't that large insistence by a lot of people who will only play something if it's on Steam, he probably could have continued by giving the DRM-free game out from BMT, and the mirrors to the end of the promo. Even if the codes were still hacked, he might have been able to catch on earlier that someone was taking them from the code generator itself.

I blame achievements.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Besides, more time can never hurt.

Signed, Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst

In all fairness, I HOPE SP isn't going through an (or multiple) engine change, or have MMO anywhere near it at any point.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Besides, more time can never hurt.

Signed, Duke Nukem Forever, Daikatana, Uru: Ages Beyond Myst

While those titles are certainly examples of how "long development time doesn't mean good game," step back for a moment and ask yourself if any of the games listed would've been better with less time spent on them (and not the presumed complete overhaul of planning and assorted other organizational changes that were probably necessary)?

There is this Duke 3D mod that was based off of the original 2001 E3 trailer that is a lot better than the thing Gearbox released.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-forever

Destructoid article: http://www.destructoid.com/the-real-duke-nukem-forever-released-16-years-later-252811.phtml

That's a game made with different things in mind.

I'm saying if we had taken the development project for Duke Nukem, and could go back in time and simply release precisely what they had in 2005, would it have been a better game than what people got?

When someone uses DNF or Daikatana as a counterpoint to "more time can never hurt" they are implicitly stating that the time spent on the project is the reason why the game was poor, rather than the time spent on the project being another symptom of other aspects that were the actual cause.

• Like 1

I just remember they kept switching engines seemingly every time a new one came out.

From Build, to Quake 2, to Unreal. I think I asked on their forums when they announced the switch to Unreal if they at least at that point had all the game's levels down on paper or something so they could just code it.

I blame Ken Silverman. That kid never should have left. He should have just built them a brand new engine and kept them focused. But NOOOOO! He wanted to "go to school."

Yeah I remember hearing about that too.  And I suppose the argument could be made that with a more finite schedule, they'd have been less inclined to make those engine jumps.  But yeah, it's a game that certainly had a less than typical development process.

Wadjet Eye Games offered treats to the gamers and got tricked

And this is why the internet can't have nice things.

Makes me proud to have paid for my Wadjet Eye Games games.

Before I bought them all on GOG on a bundle sale, I had my Wadjet Eye games in something stupid like 4 different websites/services.

Now I just noticed the ones I don't have (or in the case of DRM-free Puzzle Bots) on Desura.

girlsandvideogames.jpg

What happened to year 2000? Did all women beam over to Venus that year without me noticing?

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

What happened to year 2000? Did all women beam over to Venus that year without me noticing?

Y2K happened.  All the computers rose up and started killing people and burning down houses.  It took the entire year and countless lives to put down the rebellion of the machines.  Don't you remember?

• Like 4

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸