RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

I prefer having a power brick if it means less cooling required and a smaller box for the cabinet.

Just do what I do, and wait for slim edition of the console, you get no brick less cooling required and a smaller box place in one deal :p And lower power consumption as an added bonus as well :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Looks like more people are for the turn based combat in Torment. Ridiculous.

combat was not PST's strong point. I'd rather not have any combat at all and instead have the party solve various complicated puzzles, puzzles that have multiple ways of solving depending on party composition and character development

• Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Blasphemy. The word "canon" means nothing to you lot. The reason behind this "turn-based" b.s. is because Fargo is too lazy to change his W2 engine to accommodate RTwP.

Unity is universal game engine and it can supports realtime (with and without pause), turnbased, phase based and etc types of controlling game flow and player inputs. For example Obsidian uses it in PE and which uses RTwP  based system. 

But if they go with TB based sytem they can use their AI algorithms from W2, which would ease their work with Torment's combat system.

The thing is, TToN is not a direct sequel to PT.  It aims to be thematically similar, but it's a completely new game in a new world with new characters.  It doesn't need to carbon copy everything that PT did.  Besides, the combat mechanics in PT were arguably the weakest part of the game, hence why I have no qualms whatsoever to them being completely different in TToN.  Not to mention, as someone who owns the Numenera tabletop game, the mechanics of that system lend themselves to turn-based a lot better than RTwP, particularly the system of assigning effort to actions.  Translating the effort system into real-time would require considerably hacking the system and/or constant pausing and micromanaging on the part of the player, which would essentially turn it into a turn-based game anyway, just a lot less gracefully executed one.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

GoG will sell the updated version of Wasteland, starting November 12. 

http://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_the_classic_original

I love this game so much. Unfortunately I've played it too much so I remember all the passwords and riddles by heart. Makes it a bit too easy..

I WILL STILL BUY IT AND PLAY THE **** OUT OF IT

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

GoG will sell the updated version of Wasteland, starting November 12.

http://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_the_classic_original

I love this game so much. Unfortunately I've played it too much so I remember all the passwords and riddles by heart. Makes it a bit too easy..

I WILL STILL BUY IT AND PLAY THE **** OUT OF IT

Everyone who backed Wasteland 2 gets it for free. Looking forward to giving it a go.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Warlords of Draenor officially announced.

http://us.battle.net/wow/warlords-of-draenor/

World of Warcraft is getting a time travel expansion. I try to be optimistic about WoW, but I fear this being terrible. Time travel rarely works out well when it's not the basis of a franchise.

I see people meeting Ner'zhul, being terribly unimpressed, then fighting him in a 5-man where he runs away like a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Killing them off would mess up the time line impressively.  Would have been nice for Outland to get a remake a la Cataclysm

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I just found out they're retiring hit. As an affliction lock, I'm so happy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The word "canon" means nothing to you lot.

You're right, it does mean nothing to me.

Besides, the original Torment was Planescape and, D&D which is a TB system so it's arguable which side 'canon' comes down on anyway. Personally I'd use the Jagged Alliance 2 system for just about every RPG if I had my way.

It will be interesting to see what they do.  All the articles I've read, the developers keep going on about "No Shepard" and about not even including anything about the events from the Shepard trilogy.

The first part, I have no issue with.  In fact, I think it would be stupid if they did bring Shepard back as a protagonist.  The second part, I'm not sure how they can completely and totally ignore/gloss over the events that took place during the trilogy.

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)