RAnDoM VidEO GAmE NeWS

LadyCrimson

That is pretty interesting...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

And another interesting story how to start a company and compete with piracy in a country where was at the time probably 99% of software pirated... By CD Projekt RED

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-seeing-red-the-story-of-cd-projekt

Then it speaks about development of Witcher and Witcher 2 and how the company became what it is now.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So one of my mother's hobbies since retiring is worrying about my career and scouring the internet for jobs that could interest me.

Among those was a job as German Gaming Advisor. Sounded kinda neat. Then I looked at more than the title: customer support for the Elder Scrolls MMO. Which at least in the EU, as it turns out, will not be done by Bethesda itself but is handled by these kind souls in Lissabon (company recruitment video follows) :

Part of the benefits package for the Elder Scrolls team the company is putting together, in anticipation of the game's release, is "exclussive access to the game". So if you end up playing and wonder why the CS person knows little more than you (if anything), don't be a racist and complain about CS getting outsourced to India. It didn't. It got ourscourced to Portugal ;)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I'm surprised they opted for this course of action if what the article says is so true: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-15-cd-projekt-responds-to-demanding-nearly-and-8364-1000-from-alleged-pirates

You're surprised that they chose to not punish their legit customers with DRM and instead went after the pirates?

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Never would I pay a thousand euros for a game as bad as Witcher, pirated or not. The reasonable thing would be to ask for 50 euros. Then I'd be like "ok, you caught me, here you go". Thousand? Not gonna happen.

Edited by Bester
  • Like 1
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Never would I pay a thousand euros for a game as bad as Witcher, pirated or not. The reasonable thing would be to ask for 50 euros. Then I'd be like "ok, you caught me, here you go". Thousand? Not gonna happen.

I am so going to rob a bank tomorrow. When they catch me I'll them the reasonable thing would be to ask for the money back "ok, you caught me, here you go" . Jail time? Not gonna happen.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I am so going to rob a bank tomorrow. When they catch me I'll them the reasonable thing would be to ask for the money back "ok, you caught me, here you go" . Jail time? Not gonna happen.

Just say you did it in a drunken stupor - all sins will be forgiven.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes, copyright infringement is totally equal to actual robbing and stealing. Totally.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

If you shoplift a box with Witcher and get caught, you'll get neither jail time, nor a thousand dollars fine. In most civilized countries, you'll have to buy the game or they'll call the cops and then you'll pay a 50 euros fine to the government. Of course in the US, you might get arrested, beaten up by cops, have your anus inspected for drugs etc, but as I was saying, I'm talking about civilized euro-countries here.

In normal countries, stealing things under ~100 euros isn't a crime/felony (like a bank robbing would be), but an infraction.

Edited by Bester

Yes, copyright infringement is totally equal to actual robbing and stealing. Totally.

Dirty commoner! If ye speaketh another word against our Lord the Publisher, ye shall call upon yourself Inquisitorial questioning with torture, followed by death on righteous fire to cleanse your thieving bastard's soul! Thou hast been warned!

Edited by Bester

Copyright infringement is not what matters here. What matters is that people (the devs) work their arse off to produce the best product they can and then some little twerp (for example dear Bester) comes along, steals it and then wants to also be coloured as the righteous one and the one we should feel sorry for if someone makes an attempt at catching him. And how dare the industry upon catching him say anything but "Tag your it!"

But hey let's all grab our pitchforks and chant about evil publishers, then everything is ok.

• Like 2

Yes. Yes it is. Robbing and stealing is the unlawful act of taking something that doesn't belong to you. Copyright defines a certain form of ownership. Illegally taking something under copyright is robbing and stealing. It doesn't matter if you received it second-hand; you're merely complicit in the act.

Deal with it.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

In some ways copyright infringement can be worse than physical theft.  If you take a piece of copyright material and make it available to millions of people behind the owners back, that is a lot more serious than taking an actual object.

But hey, let's not get in the way of all the immoral crusaders and their fight against The Man.  :p 

• Like 1

I have a hard time seeing what you are stealing from the vendor when you copy bits of data from someone else that has altered the bits of data from the vendor.

But hey, let's not get in the way of all the immoral crusaders and their fight against The Man. :p

Who are accusing this time ?

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes. Yes it is. Robbing and stealing is the unlawful act of taking something that doesn't belong to you. Copyright defines a certain form of ownership. Illegally taking something under copyright is robbing and stealing. It doesn't matter if you received it second-hand; you're merely complicit in the act.

Deal with it.

Stealing a valuable item (value > 100 euros) = crime. 

Stealing with a gun = felony.

Stealing a video game = infraction.

But if we follow your logic, then piracy = genocide for all I know.

Edited by Bester

Stealing fun you say ? Hm...well..I suppose so if the game's MP is a big point and you crack it and just play on reverse-engineered cracked servers. Then some legitimate buyer has less people to play against and loses some enjoyment as his servers are not full.

Could be it.

Is bester a replacement alt for oby?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands