RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

LadyCrimson

Agreed. Sounds ridiculously boring in typical Rockstar fashion. I have yet to finish GTA IV, La Noire and RDR. They're all more or less the same game with a different skin. I have yet to install Max Payne 3, but am hoping the more streamlined design actually makes the game more focused and actually fun to play.

Wait. So you think the typical Rockstar fashion is "ridiculously boring". You didn't like GTA4. You didn't like LA Noire. You didn't like Red Dead Redemption.

Why the **** are you buying Rockstar games? Why the **** are you even talking about GTA5?

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

i can understand someone not liking rdr or gta 4, but calling them the same game with a different skin makes absolutely no sense (thus destroying the credibility of the speaker), i didn't even notice that comment before....

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/11/steam-adding-option-to-share-and-borrow-games/

I did'nt see it linked anywhere else here, so.

It's quite depressing that they can take away your ability to sell, share and borrow games and then give back a little of it, and get lauded for it.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Wait. So you think the typical Rockstar fashion is "ridiculously boring". You didn't like GTA4. You didn't like LA Noire. You didn't like Red Dead Redemption.

Why the **** are you buying Rockstar games? Why the **** are you even talking about GTA5?

Because I wait and buy them when they cost me about the same as a side order of french fries and that's about all they're worth.

i can understand someone not liking rdr or gta 4, but calling them the same game with a different skin makes absolutely no sense (thus destroying the credibility of the speaker), i didn't even notice that comment before....

The main driving force of both games are exactly the same. What's different? The setting? LA Noire is the biggest divergence since it's basically the interrogation mini game instead of standard Rockstar missions. It's still the same concept, just tweaked. After the initial coolness of the setting wears off, you're playing a movie and running from point to point. Can't believe I actually had to explain this.

Bound By Flame trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYT4O6jiPY#t=73

I didn't get much out of that trailer other than BIG SWORDS! BLOOD! HUGE DEMON!

I enjoyed/am enjoying the 2 Spiders games I have played/am playing Mars: War Logs and Of Orcs and Men, but they both felt like they were not fully realized. Hopefully this time around Spiders had both the budget and the time to leave this in the oven long enough to fully realize their vision.

If that game was trying to come off as Dragon Age with Witcher combat, it succeeded.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bound By Flame trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYT4O6jiPY#t=73

I didn't get much out of that trailer other than BIG SWORDS! BLOOD! HUGE DEMON!

I enjoyed/am enjoying the 2 Spiders games I have played/am playing Mars: War Logs and Of Orcs and Men, but they both felt like they were not fully realized.  Hopefully this time around Spiders had both the budget and the time to leave this in the oven long enough to fully realize their vision.

Looks better than Demonicon.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Rumor: Leaked GTA V Config Code Reveals PC, PS4 Versions

Grand Theft Auto V isn't technically out until tomorrow, but it hasn't stopped pirates from getting their grubby little hands on it. And pirates, being the crafty little buggers they are, aren't just playing the game, they are disassembling it and poking around in its guts. As such, code from a configuration file allegedly coming from a pirated Xbox 360 version of the game has appeared on pastebin, and apparently points towards a PC and PS4 version of the game.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Agreed. Sounds ridiculously boring in typical Rockstar fashion. I have yet to finish GTA IV, La Noire and RDR. They're all more or less the same game with a different skin. I have yet to install Max Payne 3, but am hoping the more streamlined design actually makes the game more focused and actually fun to play.

Because in this forum, people spend an inordinate amount of time talking about games they don't like. Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Because in this forum, people spend an inordinate amount of time talking about games they don't like.

To be fair Nep, that happens on pretty much any gaming forum. Some people seem to have the need to buy games they will hate, play games they hate for hours, and spend time talking about those hated games on forums.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Because in this forum, people spend an inordinate amount of time talking about games they don't like.

To be fair Nep, that happens on pretty much any gaming forum. Some people seem to have the need to buy games they will hate, play games they hate for hours, and spend time talking about those hated games on forums.

Sure, in this forum it just gets called out every time it happens in a non-Bioware game thread.* :)

*Caveat, I don't read most of the threads here, which can warp my perception of how this phenomenon is distributed.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/11/steam-adding-option-to-share-and-borrow-games/

I did'nt see it linked anywhere else here, so.

It's quite depressing that they can take away your ability to sell, share and borrow games and then give back a little of it, and get lauded for it.

"They" didn't take away your ability. You voluntarily surrendered it by purchasing a Steam-based title. It's your fault, not the corp's.

• Like 1

:lol:

And Nep makes the most relevant and ironic point :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

It just seems like a such a waste of time to discuss something for hours you don't like. Especially when you are so many things you can discuss that you enjoy. Also why would a person play something for hours that they are not enjoying, surly you would just stop playing the game?

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The idea of discussing something that they don't like is likely enjoyable, even if the actions themselves were not.

On some level it's equivalent to venting when frustrated, which is cathartic.

I bet they also like cricket.

You guys make some good points but I don't see this constant discussion of how game x was terrible in the same light as supporting a sports team or catharsis. A sports team you have an almost a patriotic love of. So you will discuss improvements in the way the team plays but people generally always support the same teams

Venting is discussing your issues around an experience. But surly the venting has to end sometime? Also I still don't get how a person can play a game for 50 + hours a and claim they didn't enjoy it or only find fault. Its like reading a book you are not enjoying, would you normally carry on reading it after a couple of chapters?

/

John Milton 

I get discussing things you don't like. In many ways that is the essence of Criticism. I don't get playing games you don't like and know you don't like though, unless you're paid to. I've tried manfully to struggle through the tepid malaise that is Oblivion, but once I was convinced that it wasn't going to get better I just stopped. Having said that, one of the common rebuttals is "how can you say you don't like/ it's bad if you haven't played it (enough)?". To which the only sensible reply is "bro, I'm not going to waste my time playing something I don't like just to properly discuss a game on the internet", but all too often the Way of the Sky is taken and the game played extensively just so someone can comprehensively and authoritatively describe how much they hate it. And sometimes they stillget things so very, very wrong.

Also, cricket is awesome. It's a metaphor for life, and speaks to the human soul.

Good lord, I certainly wouldn't want to be part of a forum where the only opinions of anything ever where all just lavish praise.  That would be one disgusting giant circle jerk.  As for playing a game you don't like.  I agree, most of the time if I find a game crappy, I do indeed just stop and never play it again.  There are times though, when a game is infuriating me, yet I keep playing it because it shows some faint promise of getting better, or the story pulls me in to the point where I want to see it through to the end.  Case in point, Two Worlds 2.  By all accounts, that's a truly bad game.  Yet it got better through the middle part, opening up into fairly large areas to explore, and even having some halfway decent story progression and interesting side quests.  By the time the game devolved into a horrifically tedious slog at the end, I had invested so much time in the game, based of the faint promise of it getting better (boy was I wrong), that I just wanted to see it through to the end.  In hindsight, I should have stopped and digitally burned my copy of the game, but at the time I was holding on to a faint glimmer of hope that it would return to the somewhat enjoyable game it was in the middle part.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I think the point was buying the games from a developer that one already has bad experiences with, rather than playing games that are bad to completion (the poster quit early when they weren't fun, I gather) or merely talking about it. Not sure why negativity about games is a bad thing, though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think the point was buying the games from a developer that one already has bad experiences with, rather than playing games that are bad to completion (the poster quit early when they weren't fun, I gather) or merely talking about it. Not sure why negativity about games is a bad thing, though.

Unless the poster isn't really buying the games, which simply means they place little value on their own time.

We all use these forums to air our grievances, but there is a point where it is good to move on.

• Like 1

How do you 'really' buy a game ? Seems more like he's wasting his money than anything else. Like me forking cash over to Ubisoft.

Takedown gameplay.

Still feel it'll be a gamble. Those animations need work, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, yeah.  If the person expects a game to be garbage and hears, reads, or sees nothing to the contrary, then it does indeed make no sense whatsoever to go ahead and buy the game then suffer all the way through it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

How do you 'really' buy a game ? Seems more like he's wasting his money than anything else. Like me forking cash over to Ubisoft.

Takedown gameplay.

Still feel it'll be a gamble. Those animations need work, heh.

If they would have stuff like ballistic shields and in general more items to toy with, then I might be more interested. But right now... not so much.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."