RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

LadyCrimson

Yeah been hearing the game is fun (when one can play it).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Its kind of humorous. This is the same exact crying tears of blood that everyone did when D3 launched and their servers got hammered. A week later everything was fine.

"EA is an on online company. We're definitely watching what's going on at Blizzard, and we're putting in backstops and checks to try to prevent those kind of things from happening."

Guess that didn't pan out so well.

It's probably a game that would have been a nailed-on purchase if not for the technical aspects - I own both SC3k and SC4 but have basically played neither - but SC2k easily makes any top-10 games list I've ever compiled. Will Wright Kickstarter time maybe? :D

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Yes. I believe it was called Hero. As Duke Nukem and Colonial Marines have shown us, when games go through various iterations and take a long time to be released, they're bound to be good.

This doesn't mean much one way or another, given that there are games that went through development hell and came out critically and commercially successful and also appreciated by the fans (I daresay "good", but obviously there's a lot of subjectivity involved in giving such judgments).

I wanna read it but I just get "General Error" whenever I press the link. Can someone quote it?

Also found this thing.. The Most Ambitious Video Game Project Ever.

The link is still working...

Awful lot of text there. Sure you want to read it all :huh:

(it was a nice read though)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh for those with an interest, Bioware have decided to give away the ME3 Citadel sountrack for free. Just have to log into the social network for it.

Mass Effect 3 may not have had the Best Ending Ever, but BioWare is certainly going all-out to make up for it with Citadel, the last hurrah for Commander Shepard and the gang. By all reports the DLC is huge and excellent, a truly memorable send-off for one of the most impressive game trilogies ever, and now BioWare is giving away a souvenir of that fond farewell in the form of a full-on soundtrack

And we're not talking about just four or five remixes here. The Mass Effect 3: Citadel soundtrack features 20 brand new tracks by Sam Hulick, Cris Velasco and Sascha Dikiciyan, who "came together to compose an emotional and powerful score for this personal journey."

The Citadel soundtrack is available as a direct, DRM-free download from the BioWare Social Network - just download it, unzip it and fire it up with your media player of choice. This is a seriously solid move by BioWare, and given how good the Mass Effect score has been across the entirety of the franchise, it's one freebie that no fan of videogame music should pass up.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

HoTS spoilers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Not for me, whenever I try the link I just get "General Error".. But no need to quote if it's a long article - I just thought it might've been like 10-15 lines. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Not for me, whenever I try the link I just get "General Error".. But no need to quote if it's a long article - I just thought it might've been like 10-15 lines. :)

8 pages when cut and paste to Word... ;)

Edit: Tl;dr; version: He sounds similar to a blog post from the past, praising the way sexuality is dealt with. It's there, but not an issue. Same thing with religion, it's there, part of the setting and shapes people, but not the subject of antagonism.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest Slinky

Mass Effect 3 may not have had the Best Ending Ever

Pol Pot may not have been a Very Nice Man

Pol Pot reserves his right for artistic integrity.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/stolen-credit-cards-and-fraudulent-steam-keys-cost-natural-selection-2-team

I know a few folks here buy keys from those shady discount places, might want to read this.

I've always wondered how those discount places got their keys. Figured them more for grey market than black.

And unlike Prell, I'd definitely call products bought with stolen cards then resold "black."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Not demonstrated that this is the norm rather than an anomaly for these kinds of sites. The reason they exist I reckon is because of regional pricing and the potential for huge savings during sales.

If you buy a new game at normal pricing you are getting screwed by STEAM guaranteed. Not strange that it would motivate people to exploit the sales and pricing as much as they are able. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

If you buy a new game at normal pricing you are getting screwed by STEAM guaranteed.

Could you expand on what you mean by this?

Outside of the fact you don't get a physical copy :) , I haven't noticed the new games seeming more expensive (in the US, I mean) via Steam. Is it the non-US Steam market you're referring to? I know that's often a big contention point, but I thought the non-US high prices often applied to even non-Steam gaming as well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Apparently Garrett will be "less gothic" in the new Thief

What could have been more gothic than the new design which consists of black leather, completely white skin, and stitch-work that reminds me of Catwoman in Batman Returns? Dear lord

Apparently Garrett will be "less gothic" in the new Thief

What could have been more gothic than the new design which consists of black leather, completely white skin, and stitch-work that reminds me of Catwoman in Batman Returns? Dear lord

Maybe the alternative was Catwoman in, er, Catwoman. :D

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Maybe the alternative was Catwoman in, er, Catwoman. :D

Hawkeye Initiative version of Garrett?

The hilarity would not stop.

"We uze zee dynhamic kamera angle to show ze audience ze best vieu of Garrett's behind. He's got a firm ass, womens will like it"