RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

LadyCrimson

^Wasnt that the point of the different weapons?

The cartoon looks fine to me. Different, but fine. They just better never touch Scooby Doo.

Uh...Scooby Doo has a ton of different versions.  There is actually a channel on my kid's lineup that plays it all day long, and the newer stuff is pretty weird.

vader.jpg

There's a new Thundercats too, apparently.

At least no one will ever ruin Alfred J Kwak.

The new Thundercats was awesome. I wouldn't mind an RPG in the setting.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Looks too anime-ish for me. Like a furry version of Legend of Korra.

Thundercats-2011.jpg

Original Thundercats looked badass rather than the teenagers they are now. And it wasn't entirely family friendly either, Mumm'Rah's awakening used to give me nightmares (but all villains were pretty brutal).

Edited by Drudanae
  • Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Thundercats-2011.jpg

Original Thundercats looked badass rather than the teenagers they are now. And it wasn't entirely family friendly either, Mumm'Rah's awakening used to give me nightmares (but all villains were pretty brutal).

Its much better written. Lion-o is the only teenager. Mumm-Ra shapeshifts into Panthro then murders Lion-o's father in front of him. The Mutants aren't complete incompetents and give the TCs a hard time rather than being comic relief.

Its worth checking out.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Thundercats-2011.jpg

Thundercats-Cartoon_1297259159.jpg

Both versions look pretty bad to me tbh. Also, I'm glad it's not the 80's anymore.

Thundercats-2011.jpg

Its much better written. Lion-o is the only teenager. Mumm-Ra shapeshifts into Panthro then murders Lion-o's father in front of him. The Mutants aren't complete incompetents and give the TCs a hard time rather than being comic relief.

Its worth checking out.

I'd completely disagree on it being better written. And the show was basically a "let's crush Lion-o emotionally on every turn" thing. Good thing it was cancelled as far as i'm concerned.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The main plot is bad but i find the side stories to be of great quality.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Is Project Awakened not the game Midway was working on right before it closed down?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I couldn't back Project Awakened because they talked about how good the PC platform is and how they loved PC gamers, but they shopped this game around to publishers as a console game for the next generation (PS4, next Xbox), stilling calling it a console game on their site as the KickStarter campaign launched. Their campaign page was filled with marketing speech. To back a KickStarter you have to have some trust in the people, and these people were making it hard to trust them. Which makes all that "modding" business seem like complete bull****. I didn't see what all the fuss was about.

Is Project Awakened not the game Midway was working on right before it closed down?

Yes. I believe it was called Hero. As Duke Nukem and Colonial Marines have shown us, when games go through various iterations and take a long time to be released, they're bound to be good.
  • Like 1

This one apparently lets you ship your sewage to other players' cities, so you can piss off more than just the NPCs.

---

Pretty much every review I've seen, player and critic alike, says it's a great game when it's running. The problem is that EA apparently didn't think it would be this popular and so lacked the infrastructure for the sudden demand. Not allowing preloads only made it worse, as the servers then had to cope with all the downloads as well.

Polygon originally gave it a 9.5 based on their review copy, which was given to them before the commercial release. They've since downgraded it to an 8 and then a 4 due solely to these launch issues; and Maxis says that's entirely fair.

Edited by TSBasilisk

I appreciate Maxis accepting that it's fair for the reviews to be adjusted.

I'm not a fan of always online DRM, especially for a game with such a strong legacy of single player experiences.  I know they want to push the social aspect of the game, which is fine, but hopefully this sort of stuff continues to serve as a disincentive to continue doing things like this.

The irony is that it's compromising people from playing a game that they would otherwise, from what it seems, really enjoy playing! :(

It might have been a good game but they've destroyed it through DRM and the business model. They want the WoW factor of making a commitment to play with your friends, but they've clearly only done this for business reasons, shoe horning in arbitrary co-op that could easily just be single player, it's the opposite of Minecraft in this respect. It might have been a great game, if you could play it and it didn't force co-op. They could easily enable single player, by not pausing cities although with their server load issues at the moment that's probably a bad idea. They've apparently disabled the fastest setting because it was putting too much pressure on servers. There is no good reason for this game to be always online.

Its kind of humorous. This is the same exact crying tears of blood that everyone did when D3 launched and their servers got hammered. A week later everything was fine.

That is true.  The irony being that the more successful a game is, the more issues it'll have at launch, ultimately undermining how successful it can be!  By the same token, EA/Maxis needs to make sure the infrastructure is in place to support it in order to go with this.

I do find it interesting that they are suspending marketing.  Nice of them to still offer the affiliate referral compensation though.

As an EA employee I can get the game for free, but even then I still haven't installed it yet since I expected always online server issues (there always seems to be).

This is such a mess!  I wonder if it is a good game.  This reminds me of the Outpost debacle that Sierra had back in the day, for some reason.

It's not on the same scale as Outpost, which was outright fraudulent. Not on the same scale as, say, WarZ either really- they've just monumentally stuffed up the launch, if they can fix those issues it will be product as described.