What are you playing now?

Gorth

COD 4 was fun for those moments with the infinite spawns, or at least I recall them seeming like that - the mission just before the nuke goes off had me trying to clear a two story of Generic Arab Warriors only to just give up and Rambo it. :p

Firing up Ghost Recon 1, amazing how tense I make myself in this game.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just finished The Walking Dead.

Final episode sure was the shortest. Maybe to make up for various pathways? It felt pretty teamdriven the first half, so I wonder how it would be if you went solo. Who'd want to cut off your arm for example? Own idea?

Also, the "reason" for the bad guy being a bad guy. If you made a different one would it be the same guy with a different reason? Probably, kinda sucky though. Damned if you do, damned if you don't isn't much of a choice.

Also stupid was near the end just given up on 1000(!) zombies being a threat and just murdering a path through them. If we could simply do that why did so many of my team die, why are we running all these episodes? Just chop chop like here. Eeeehhh...

And after the ending another proof little girls *never* listen... :facepalm:

Besides that, it had some interesting choices and happenings, and since the gameplay sucks as always, it's funfactor is entirely decided by that. So one of the better episodes overall due to that...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Still plugging along in Neverwinter Nights 2. I'm at the beginning of Act 3 now, just saved Nasher's behind. Having not played a D&D game for a while, I had forgotten how awesome Tenser's Transformation is. When they write in the description that it "turns you into a walking engine of destruction" they're not kidding. Too bad it will be useless to me once I got higher level in Stormlord because it will be more beneficial to me to keep my spear and imbue it with massive amounts of electricity rather than polymorph and use Tenser's Sword. Still, for the next few levels I'll be using it liberally.

I also just got my butt off Peragus (destroying the whole area in the process) in KotOR 2, but I'll likely concentrate all my efforts on NWN2 for a while now since I'm close to finishing it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Also stupid was near the end just given up on 1000(!) zombies being a threat and just murdering a path through them. If we could simply do that why did so many of my team die, why are we running all these episodes? Just chop chop like here. Eeeehhh...

Lee straight up states why he considers this a valid option.

Lee is suicidal. Although charging through the horde is a strategy, it has the highest chance of death.

He was also pretty much already dead at that point, so it's perhaps why he only had to kill a few zombies instead of a majority of them. Before, they could sense him pretty well, but I guess the infection and his already almost-dead body covered in blood was enough to neutralize most of their interest.

TWD was a pretty big disappointment for me.

After they killed Doug/Carley off I realized the developers had no interest in making our choices matter. Will they even use all the choices you made about Clementine for part 2? Will it influence her behavior or choices at all? I seriously doubt that much.

TWD has been an immense financial success. For what it is, it's a decent zombie drama, but to call it a game is an overstatement. It barely has any features. At least BioWare lets your choices impact what color ending cinematic you get.

Edited by LadyCrimson
spoiler tags are useful things

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

I don't care how weak he is or how suicidal... from everything we learned about Walkers till that point, he should have been a dead man.

No "conviently dissapearing zombies" when the cutscene starts so the 3 that charge you, slop one, rest spontaniously gone would have helped there too...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I loved first COD and it's expansion. Played months worth of LAN MP there too. I enjoyed 2 as well, never played 3, played 4 and then i just didn't care about them anymore.

Back to Uncharted 3 MP. Still fun and the laggy and enraging and the fun again and then bad,...

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I played the hell out of my CoD MW disc. Loved the concept of the series moving to a modern setting at the time. But have since lost interest in the series.

I'm tempted to buy Far Cry 3.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

im very much looking forward to far cry 3 now that i've seen so many positive comments on the game from so many different places

i have one mission left in Dishonored, i liked the last couple missions, but am a bit dissapointed in how the game has transitioned into more of a linear affair. the sequel for this game could be one of the best games of all time if they play up the strengths of this one while repairing/reducing its weaker elements

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Far Cry 3 - great game so far! It seems like a very open world and very customizable (you have to craft bags, harnesses etc to expand you inventory or max guns carried etc). I think it'll get repetitive around late game, but they've won me completly over by having a bow in the game.. Damn I love taking out an outpost with a machete and arrows..

How is the spawning. It was pretty horrid in FC2. You could literally just have finished a quest and the whole encampment would reset.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I know we don't "divide the spoilers" anymore, but it'd be nice if people would remember to use the spoiler tags occasionally, or at least warn that one's post will have some spoilers in it..particularly if a game isn't very old/lots may not have gotten around to playing it yet. Just a thought.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It should be noted that I enjoyed the first Call of Duty games. I haven't played Modern Warfare 2 or beyond. I am not interested as I feel I'd get better value for my dollar somewhere else.

The first is one of my most memorable games of the the 21st Century. The audio in the game was so well done that it's the first game I actually caught myself ducking while playing.

I still remember taking Saint-Mere-Eglise, some of the great set pieces and moments like snagging the Panzerfaust and taking out the Tiger Tank that came barreling over the walls. The British campaign was largely forgettable, but the Soviet campaign was so well done. Storming across the Volga in Stalingrad with no gun, to driving the T-34s, and Pavlov's house is probably still one of my favourite levels in any shooter. It was just so intense.

The second one wasn't quite as memorable, but I do remember some fun times blasting through the desert with Cromwell tanks, utilizing the speed to hit the enemy in their flanks.

Skipped the third because it was console exclusive, but picked up #4 on a Steam sale and enjoyed it.

I loved the first COD and its expansion, and that was where I stopped (couldn't afford a better PC for years, stuck with consoles until about '07 and MW never appealed to me because I was busy with TF2,) I recently played COD2 and was disappointed because it has the now standard cover/health regen system. The Soviet parts were definitely the best part of the original COD. And that PPSh... :dancing: Of course, the now common problem of grenade spam in MP was omnipresent, too.

Edited by AGX-17

Omg.. I bought Far Cry 3 yesterday, but got home late from work and only had time to install it and briefly try it before going to bed (very beautiful game!).

Today I got home from work earlier and go to turn on my computer.. And the PSU explodes in my hand! I'm not even joking, it said BOOM.

Tomorrow I'm getting a new on, but still..

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So, at what point do people have to start using the spoiler tags?

I honestly don't know and although I do try to tag things I think are actual spoilers (Dumbledore dies, Spike dies, etc.), certain things to me are just... a given. If you're playing a popular game or reading a popular book, don't use the internet for a week. Those two characters dying TWD is very old news at this point (their deaths were also practically telegraphed a mile away), I may as well spoiler tag all my posts from now on? I mean, I could tell everyone how Planescape Torment ends, and lots of people pick up that game for the first time every day. Sorry, I guess I've never understood the point of spoiler tags - I always click on them even if I don't know the spoiler. People hiding parts of their posts looks ugly too :(

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

Omg.. I bought Far Cry 3 yesterday, but got home late from work and only had time to install it and briefly try it before going to bed (very beautiful game!).

Today I got home from work earlier and go to turn on my computer.. And the PSU explodes in my hand! I'm not even joking, it said BOOM.

Tomorrow I'm getting a new on, but still..

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Wait, what was the PSU doing in your hand? Do you mean you were turning on the computer via the power switch in the back on the PSU and it exploded in the case with some of the explosion burning your hand?

I've had many PSUs fail, but never explode. Ouch! :(

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Far Cry 3 - great game so far! It seems like a very open world and very customizable (you have to craft bags, harnesses etc to expand you inventory or max guns carried etc). I think it'll get repetitive around late game, but they've won me completly over by having a bow in the game.. Damn I love taking out an outpost with a machete and arrows..

How is the spawning. It was pretty horrid in FC2. You could literally just have finished a quest and the whole encampment would reset.

i read in one review that once you clear a camp then that camp stays cleared permanently and becomes an outpost you can use

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Wait, what was the PSU doing in your hand? Do you mean you were turning on the computer via the power switch in the back on the PSU and it exploded in the case with some of the explosion burning your hand?

I've had many PSUs fail, but never explode. Ouch! :(

When I tried to turn it on with the power button on the case it just flashed the lights and then made a strange electric sound. So I reached back and turned it off with the PSU power switch. When I turned it on again a few seconds later, the damn thing exploded in my hand.

I wasn't actually hurt (the explosion was behind a metal grille) but the sound scared the crap out of me, it was so loud!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So, at what point do people have to start using the spoiler tags?

I honestly don't know and although I do try to tag things I think are actual spoilers (Dumbledore dies, Spike dies, etc.), certain things to me are just... a given. If you're playing a popular game or reading a popular book, don't use the internet for a week. Those two characters dying TWD is very old news at this point (their deaths were also practically telegraphed a mile away), I may as well spoiler tag all my posts from now on? I mean, I could tell everyone how Planescape Torment ends, and lots of people pick up that game for the first time every day. Sorry, I guess I've never understood the point of spoiler tags - I always click on them even if I don't know the spoiler. People hiding parts of their posts looks ugly too :(

There is a difference between a game from 1999 and a game that (besides the last episode not being out long) a lot of people on this forum just bought during a deal. This should be obvious.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Just wrapped up my Professional playthrough of Hitman Absolution. Hm, they definitely ended that on a "and we'll be starting off the next game via this plot route..."

I have to admit, I'm tempted to go back and try some of those levels on Normal difficulty just to see what effect that has. But I think I'll take a break from it just for the mo.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Some places get cleared while others, like roads have respawns.. So far its nowhere near as retarted as the 2nd game.

Fortune favors the bald.

Going back to Killing Floor for a small while. And now I remember how this game, though bloody brilliant, annoyed me the last time.

People don't heal each other. They just don't.

Healing is twice as effective on ally?

Healing others gives you money?

Does not seem to matter at all, on Normal anyway. Might be that on harder difficulties, as people begin having to rely on others for help consistently, that might change. I'll try playing Hard now more now since my Medic perk is level 5 already.

During my last match, this is what I felt like, being a high-level Medic surrounded by varying levels of (constantly) bruised allies http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR8cI4HHUvQ

Some places get cleared while others, like roads have respawns.. So far its nowhere near as retarted as the 2nd game.

I really like how you clear places and your side comes to take it over.

I'm three missions away from the end of Dishonored and I can just feel the predictable twist coming, the plot in this game is written with big chunky crayons...which is a shame because the world is pretty damn glorious and the gameplay is really tight and satisfying.

• Like 1

I finished Modern Warfare. I no longer consider it the worst FPS I've ever played. Though I'm not sure I would even call it a particularly good one.

The fact that it went from "worst ever" to, well, anything else, precisely between the two play sessions, implies that there was something wrong in how I played it before. Or maybe that was just a coincidence and the level design makes a major shift. I started feeling like I was contributing to the firefights. The enemies no longer seemed to spawn constantly. Did it become a more refined experience a few levels in? Or did how I perceive the same kind of thing change?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."