What are you playing now?

Gorth

I remember in 1998 PC gamers were playing Tomb Raider and the like and thinking it was the ****, but its a joke compared to Zelda.

I think in '98 I was playing FFVII. But in '99 Nomad Soul came out which brought some ambition to PC games.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Beyond Good and Evil had some great platforming segments, very reminiscent of Tomb Raider.
We must have played different games, because to me, Beyond Good and Evil's platforming was so effortless and automated that the Assassin's Creed series could be based on it more than we'd ever know

well, if we are talking about 3d platformers, then zelda isnt really on the table, thats more of an action adventure game. Mario 64 - this is the 3d platformer you all are looking for

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Civilization V: Gods & Kings. Weird that Boudica/Celts are a faith oriented civ. But whatever, they're my ancestors so I'm honorbound to conquer Rome with them. Also playing Carthage for further anti-Roman sentiment. The free harbors in every city from the start thing doesn't hurt either. Basically this whole thing for me is about giving the Romans the bloody end they deserved at the end of a Celtic or Carthaginian blade. And don't think you're weaseling out of this, Eastern Rome. I'm coming for Constantinople next!

Can't imagine what kind of nightmare scenario I can create playing Egypt and taking both Culture and Faith-based bonuses to Wonder construction.

Edited by AGX-17

i actually prefer modern warfare 2 to modern warfare 1, i think its because in MW2 there is no infinite enemy spawns...

There are. I tried it out once and gave up at a place that had enemies respawning behind, before and above you. In a back alley.

its possible there is an area with infinite respawns, but 99% of the areas in MW2 do not have infinitely respawning enemies. you CAN kill them all, even if some spawn behind you (this happens a lot in the dirty hovel town area) you can kill them and eventually they will stop spawning.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I see what you did there entrerix, what a cruel thing to do. Now he'll keep trying to kill the infinitely spawning enemies because he thinks it's possible to kill them all ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Beyond Good and Evil had some great platforming segments, very reminiscent of Tomb Raider.
We must have played different games, because to me, Beyond Good and Evil's platforming was so effortless and automated that the Assassin's Creed series could be based on it more than we'd ever know

On the main story quest line, but there's some great platforming challenges to get pearls.

Just started a new game of Mass Effect 3, after installing the Omega DLC. It's been awhile so I'm looking forward to also playing through Leviathan again.

I bought Modern Warfare 3 during the last steam sale, but haven't started it yet, and I have Dishonored sitting on my desktop compelling me to play every time I start the computer.

However, lately the only game I'm really playing is Torchlight 2. I'm beginning to feel like there's no escape.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

well, if we are talking about 3d platformers, then zelda isnt really on the table, thats more of an action adventure game. Mario 64 - this is the 3d platformer you all are looking for

(Phantasy Star 2 >) Super Mario RPG > Legend of Zelda > Final Fantasy VI

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

(Phantasy Star 2 >) Super Mario RPG > Legend of Zelda > Final Fantasy VI

How the hell is FF VI a platformer? Or Phantasy Star 2?

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Bouncing between old city-builder games and still Miasmata, although starting to focus more on the former than the latter. Been a while since I did the CB games...nice break from all the action-y I've been playing. Still have a hard time sitting still for too long, however. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still GK3 and into the Dan Brown territory, funnily I'm enjoying the puzzles with Sidney the best so far.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still GK3 and into the Dan Brown territory, funnily I'm enjoying the puzzles with Sidney the best so far.

Yeah when Dan Brown was all over the news I was like: jeez we already covered this in Broken Sword and GK3. And better too, in GK3's case.

Made me feel a bit sorry for Jensen, her tale is arguably better than Brown's but apparently Brown was what the public wanted just a few years later.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I finished the Dawnguard and Aetherium questlines of Skyrim. I'm comfortable saying I'm done with the game until Dragonborn comes out.

Undecided on what I'll play next.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Finished up my new game plus run of Mark of the Ninja last night and grabbed the last couple achievements. This time I managed to complete the game without killing anyone that isn't required to die by the plot and got all the scrolls. There are a couple pretty tricky ones to get without killing or setting off alarms. Lots of fun. Highly recommended!

Edited by Deraldin
  • Like 1

Been playing a bit more Far Cry 3 now. I must say that the initial promises the game made haven't been completely fulfilled. It still feels strangely shallow somehow. Like nothing I do in the world matters to anyone. I got this feeling from Just Cause 2 also.. I wonder what it is they do wrong? Maybe it is the way the chests never actually contain anything? Or how winning a race means nothing to anyone? Or how few different weapons there are?

Still having fun at least, even if it's already not a 10/10 game (as Eurogamer said).

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Been playing a bit more Far Cry 3 now. I must say that the initial promises the game made haven't been completely fulfilled. It still feels strangely shallow somehow. Like nothing I do in the world matters to anyone. I got this feeling from Just Cause 2 also.. I wonder what it is they do wrong? Maybe it is the way the chests never actually contain anything? Or how winning a race means nothing to anyone? Or how few different weapons there are?

Still having fun at least, even if it's already not a 10/10 game (as Eurogamer said).

How has the difficulty been? I've been hearing its on the easier side and wanted to get your take and others here on the board playing it. Want it to be fun and not too easy the first time through.

Or how few different weapons there are?

More weapons get unlocked as you progress through the main story.

Also, no game rewards you better than Far Cry 3 when it comes to skinning animals. :deadhorse: *

*consider this horse being skinned.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Team Fortress 2 is still fun. Testament to Valve, testament to my idiotic waste of money on in-game purchases (hey, at least I have an unusual multi-class hat. IT'S A HAT.) Actually it looks great on my demo (it's the Sherlock Holmes type hat WITH PLANETS, I have it paired with the beard/pipe combo so it looks so classy.) The pink parrot doesn't really work with the look but I have it so I use it. TF2: Fashion simulator 2012.

Dragon Age 2. I've never played the DLC with Felicia Day, so I figured why not.

It was alright aside from the Mary-Sue nature of her character. Most of the DLC's narrative is focused on how amazing and stupendous she is. And honestly she's not that good looking, guys. Used mods to replace the unique end-loot gear look like the Orlesian hunting outfits which looked better. Liked the way it responded to how far you've progressed in the "story." As if there were a coherent storyline from start to finish in DA2.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1