What are you playing now?

Gorth

I played a lot of the original Civ. Probably should have used capital letters for lot...

Played Civ 2 once at a friend's place.

Then came Alpha Centauri and it just went straight for my gamer-heart :)

I enjoy the backstory. It helps that when the game first launched you could do a personality test on the site which would put you in one of the factions. I am an official Gaian... I feel more allegiance to those than I do to my real life nationality :p

Spartan Federation! \m/

One thing I miss is the UN votes. I like the idea of the countries not necessarily being so adversarial.

Edited by alanschu

My only real complaint about Alpha Centauri is the colour palette: red, blue, with sprinkles of occasional green. I could describe it as being somewhat visually oppressive, which although thematically appropriate in an alien new world, just wasn't particularly fun to look at. On the other hand, it had more personality than a lot of RPGs, and some of the best voice work ever - apparently all the VAs were asked to use their natural accents (which makes it doubly sad that Firaxis dropped the ball with the XCOM voicework).

Oh, the other complaint would be supply crawlers, ugh.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Spartan Federation! \m/

One thing I miss is the UN votes. I like the idea of the countries not necessarily being so adversarial.

Things would have been very different for the Spartan Coalition if Deidre Skye had shot Santiago on the Unity when she had the chance :)

Did you ever get to read the Journey to Centauri?

And agreed on the UN votes.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

After playing Far Cry 3 for awhile I've come to the conclusion that while killing humans is great and all, I'd have really preferred the game if it was about a group of shipwrecked/stranded people trying to make it off the island while also having to live off it (i.e. the game without the human baddies and with a bit of tweaking). Maybe a mod will come out...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Finished Dishonored.

Gameplay was fun, as I've always loved stealth games, but characters and story were rather forgettable. I never really "got in" to the game because of that, didn't care what happened to people and taking out your targets wasn't satisfying. Good game but could have been great, I can't help but being bit disappointed in Arkane.

Red Dead Redemption, while i'm waiting for the GOTY version of RDR to arrive. So i can play the game in Hardcore mode. :3

I'm still waiting for this game to come to PC. Good chance it will never happen.

:(

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Red Dead Redemption, while i'm waiting for the GOTY version of RDR to arrive. So i can play the game in Hardcore mode. :3

I'm still waiting for this game to come to PC. Good chance it will never happen.

:(

Don't fret, I have a plan.

We'll make a PC exclusive game that all those console players will wait for and never get.

We'll call it Green Alive Corruption.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Did anyone get Ezio does the American revolution. Also known as Assassin's Creed 3.

Yep. Not worth the first week price IMO. To slow to get going, and to reliant on "BUT DERE BE AN ENTIRE WOOOORLD OUT DERE FOR YAH!" style gameplay and content.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Almost done with Tales of Graces f, wich means that I can go back to Yakuza 4 and finish that up.

I haven't played on the PC for a few days, so no Planescape progress.

I've been going back to Valkyrie Profile on PSP. I'm now on chapter 3, clearing out all dungeons. This means clearing out all Caves of Oblivion, wich can be a pain in the ***.

I really tempted to get a PlayStation Vita, but my PSP and 3DS backlogs are big as it is. I'll just have to resist the urge to get one right now.

Did anyone get Ezio does the American revolution. Also known as Assassin's Creed 3.

I have it. Got really bored with it. I blame the narrative.
  • Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm doing the final push in the Mere in NWN2. Man, the Crossroads Keep battles were fun. Easy, but fun. My favorite part was the last part in the courtyard with all the undead pouring through the gate. I just kept pounding the bottleneck at the gate with Sunbeams, Sunbursts, Hammers of the Gods, and turned anything that managed to make it through (it really helps being a cleric in this late push in the game). Serious levels of smiting going on. It was a slaughter, a glorious slaughter.

:dancing:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

this for me too, i was REALLY excited for the game, but frankly, its boring. I'm about 75% through it but i don't feel the urge to finish it.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

this for me too, i was REALLY excited for the game, but frankly, its boring. I'm about 75% through it but i don't feel the urge to finish it.

This is about where I'm sitting right now. I've finished up all the collection stuff and I'm sitting about 85% through the story, but I have touched it in weeks. I'll get around to it eventually, but I don't really have much desire to do so right now. Probably by Christmas as I've found myself at least remembering that I haven't finished it lately.

It's not bad, but it's slow. Half the game is reintroducing you to concepts that you've probably already seen. They need to cut that out from the next game.

Oh yeah, and I go around to starting up Civ5 again now that I have Gods and Kings. Playing as Spain on Prince with Continents. Going well so far. It's about 1600 and I own maybe 25% of the continent. I'm running into happiness problems with my conquests sadly.

Edited by Deraldin

I'm playing Grand Theft Auto 4. Overall, I much prefer Saint's Row 3. The car handling is better.

But I'm strangely curious about what will happen to Nico next. He has a measure more morality than I expected from a GTA protagonist.

I've been going back to Valkyrie Profile on PSP. I'm now on chapter 3, clearing out all dungeons. This means clearing out all Caves of Oblivion, wich can be a pain in the ***.

The PSP in-game movies are very bad compared to the original. I hate the Final fantasy touch Squeenix added. It looks terrible (at least they left the music alone).

Original had classy 90s anime style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-JJXbF7cXc

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm playing Grand Theft Auto 4.

How's the multiplayer population?

I heard it's pretty dead.

No clue, I don't do MP.

Started playing Red Dead Redemption. So far it is not bad, but I am having huge problems with figuring out who is friend and who is not. I'll see some dudes fighting, I run up to them, shoot and then there is -50 reputation. Oh well.

Also that PS3 thingy is damn huge. I always thought consoles are small and handy, but this thing is like a house. A little bit bigger and one could live inside of it. Seriously, with that size, a normal pc doesn't seem that unreasonable anymore- also while looking at the prices of a recent console.

PC master race just can't be conquered with that.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Started playing Red Dead Redemption. So far it is not bad, but I am having huge problems with figuring out who is friend and who is not. I'll see some dudes fighting, I run up to them, shoot and then there is -50 reputation. Oh well.

One of those games eh? Can you run up to them and talk to them first, or does that have the opposite issue of running up to say hi and they shoot you dead? :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Doing the Mass Effect operation for this weekend. There's been a lull in my Skyrim journey as I've been drawing a bunch lately, but I figure I'll return the Thieves' Guild to its former glory tonight and then take up the Dark Brotherhood up on its offer. I still haven't gotten far in the main questline. I ought to do that at some point.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.