What are you playing now?

Gorth

Did you play Overlord 2?

All my friends who don't own a controller quit at the spot. So did I. Circling those spider riding minions up that wall drove me nuts. I ehar though its managable with a 'troller.

Yes. I did it with KB/mouse after several very aggravating tries. Not saying it was easy, but once I figured out how (there was a certain approach that made it easier) I could repeat it fairly quickly after that. I spent about 10 times as long, using the controller, to get hubs past that spider riding spot, when he couldn't do it. The controller had a more difficult time with the method I was using with the KB/mouse, which made it actually harder. IIRC he went to bed before I'd succeeded. :lol: ... I might have even switched to a cordless KB/mouse to do it. Can't remember tho...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah, so it was universaly aggravating regardless of input method :)

edit:

If I ever start a second attempt I'll mail you the save-game once I get there ;)

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Anybody else patiently awaiting the release of Far Cry 3?!

Very excited, I have read the reviews and they all seem good :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Anybody else patiently awaiting the release of Far Cry 3?!

Very excited, I have read the reviews and they all seem good :)

Never paid them much attention, but the eurogamer review piqued my interest. Will have to see the digital foundry take a look at it whether there's any point in me getting a game of that type on any of my currently available platforms...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've decided I'm going to get a Wii U. Stores here will have them in stock probably next week at the price of 320 euros for the basic edition - the sad story of buying electronics in Europe. Incidentally that's also the price in the UK.

However, I'm also pressed to invest in a WiiU accessories pack, since its the most cost effective way of getting the Wiimote+, Nunchuk and Sensor bar. That will set me back an additional 55e.

375e, it was nice knowing you.

I'm planning to play original Wii games first due to their reduced price: the 2 Zelda Games, 3-4 Mario games, Metroid Trilogy and a couple of others.

Of the Wii U games I really want to play the new Super Mario Bros and I'd like to give Nintendoland a spin in a party atmosphere.

Pikmin 3 is in the works but that's coming out next year.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Since I'm not getting any of the WiiU games straight away my impression will be somewhat limited, but I'll do as thorough a review as possible.

I mentioned earlier that I started playing Sleeping Dogs. But there is a story about this.

I installed it on Saturday and noticed it wouldn't load, I am comfortable with getting any PC game to work, through editing ini.files or updating relevant driver versions if required, so I wasn't worried. I looked at the box and read a sobering pre-requisite, "Vista and Windows 7 only"

Now my gaming machine was on XP which never let me down, but I now realized hat I needed to upgrade. So I did, and I am now on the vastly improved Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition Premium. It rocks, I then started playing Sleeping Dogs and was confronted by some annoying gaming features. You cannot bind the arrow keys to movement. I only use the arrow keys in my games for movement. I am exasperated by the fact that in this modern age of gaming Square Enix can have such oversight as to not think this would be an issue for some people. So I am trying utilize other keys for movement but it takes time. I am also considering getting a Controller for games like this? What are peoples opinions around Controllers and would it solve my keyboard issue in games like Sleeping Dogs

Sleeping Dogs plays fine with mouse & keyboard except driving, but then again driving sucks in any game with mouse & keyboard. Most of the other keybindings you can change no problem, but I never tried the movement keys. For me it was a null point since I just used a 360 controller for everything except gunfights (which are a somewhat small part of the game), the game definitely plays better with a controller. There are just some games that play better with a controller, namely driving games and platformers, Sleeping Dogs definitely fits into that category too.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I've decided I'm going to get a Wii U. Stores here will have them in stock probably next week at the price of 320 euros for the basic edition - the sad story of buying electronics in Europe. Incidentally that's also the price in the UK.

However, I'm also pressed to invest in a WiiU accessories pack, since its the most cost effective way of getting the Wiimote+, Nunchuk and Sensor bar. That will set me back an additional 55e.

I'm planning to play original Wii games first due to their reduced price: the 2 Zelda Games, 3-4 Mario games, Metroid Trilogy and a couple of others.

Of the Wii U games I really want to play the new Super Mario Bros and I'd like to give Nintendoland a spin in a party atmosphere.

If you have a powerful enough PC (Core i5 3+Ghz upwards), you could also emulate Wii and Gamecube games. That's what I'm currently doing. A bit wonky sometimes, but at least you get high resolutions out there.

Either way, excellent choice. Metroid Prime trilogy, Donkey Kong Returns, Metroid Other M, The Last Story and Zelda feel very refreshing to me. However you should think about getting the Premium Pack with 32 GB instead, unless you intend to plug in an external HDD.

If you have a powerful enough PC (Core i5 3+Ghz upwards), you could also emulate Wii and Gamecube games. That's what I'm currently doing. A bit wonky sometimes, but at least you get high resolutions out there.

Either way, excellent choice. Metroid Prime trilogy, Donkey Kong Returns, Metroid Other M, The Last Story and Zelda feel very refreshing to me. However you should think about getting the Premium Pack with 32 GB instead, unless you intend to plug in an external HDD.

I have an external HDD that sits around collecting dust and some SD cards and flash drives I don't use so I don't feel the increased storage is enough motivation to get the deluxe edition. If money wasn't an issue I'd take the deluxe, but since it was either 50 euros more for deluxe or 50 euros for the ability to play Wii games - it really wasn't much of a choice (doubt my PC can handle Wii emulation). I need the Wiimote regardless (damn its expensive!), for two player gameplay with subsequent WiiU games.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a new experience. I got what XBOX360 players had with my PC (most of us did anyway, considering most multiplatform titles conformed to XB's limitations), I got the Sony experience with the PS2 (and the PSX with emulation) so Nintendo here I come.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Playing TOR with zbyl (sorry, have to wait longer for M4-78 xD), and soon also the final Walking Dead episode (hope it's better than 4) and The Baconing...

So, enough to do...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I mentioned earlier that I started playing Sleeping Dogs. But there is a story about this.

I installed it on Saturday and noticed it wouldn't load, I am comfortable with getting any PC game to work, through editing ini.files or updating relevant driver versions if required, so I wasn't worried. I looked at the box and read a sobering pre-requisite, "Vista and Windows 7 only"

Now my gaming machine was on XP which never let me down, but I now realized hat I needed to upgrade. So I did, and I am now on the vastly improved Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition Premium. It rocks, I then started playing Sleeping Dogs and was confronted by some annoying gaming features. You cannot bind the arrow keys to movement. I only use the arrow keys in my games for movement. I am exasperated by the fact that in this modern age of gaming Square Enix can have such oversight as to not think this would be an issue for some people. So I am trying utilize other keys for movement but it takes time. I am also considering getting a Controller for games like this? What are peoples opinions around Controllers and would it solve my keyboard issue in games like Sleeping Dogs

Sleeping Dogs plays fine with mouse & keyboard except driving, but then again driving sucks in any game with mouse & keyboard. Most of the other keybindings you can change no problem, but I never tried the movement keys. For me it was a null point since I just used a 360 controller for everything except gunfights (which are a somewhat small part of the game), the game definitely plays better with a controller. There are just some games that play better with a controller, namely driving games and platformers, Sleeping Dogs definitely fits into that category too.

With all due respects you cannot say "sleeping dogs plays fine with KB", it doesn't. You cannot map the arrow keys and this immediately handicaps thousands of people who use this for movement. This is a fact and it cannot be disputed :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

With all due respects you cannot say "sleeping dogs plays fine with KB", it doesn't. You cannot map the arrow keys and this immediately handicaps thousands of people who use this for movement. This is a fact and it cannot be disputed :)

Fine, it plays fine with keyboard and mouse for me. ;)

Edit: On a side note, I don't know a single other person who uses arrow keys for movement, but I'm not here to dispute your figures, I'm sure there are plenty of people that prefer that over WASD.

Point is, to answer your original question, the game is indeed better with a 360 controller.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Fine, it plays fine with keyboard and mouse for me. ;)

Edit: On a side note, I don't know a single other person who uses arrow keys for movement, but I'm not here to dispute your figures, I'm sure there are plenty of people that prefer that over WASD.

Point is, to answer your original question, the game is indeed better with a 360 controller.

You'll be surprised how many people use the arrow keys, check the links below. I am still playing the game its just harder and I have to get use to other keys

http://forums.sleepi...t=1164&start=30

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2873636

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Right on! Man...I still can't believe I haven't played No More Heroes 2 yet. Also, be sure to give Mad World & Deadly Creatures a try too.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

*Shivers* Says it all.

Why?

I never got the elitist attitude that playing a game on PC with a controller is "not the true PC experience" or somehow "lesser" (BTW, I'm not accusing you or anyone here of this ;) ). PC controllers have been around for well over a decade. Some games play better with controllers, like most platformers and essentially any driving/racing game ever made. Flight sims ans space sims play better with joysticks. Shooters play better with mouse & keyboard. There are better tools than others for certain games, simple as.

:yes:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

*Shivers* Says it all.

Why?

I never got the elitist attitude that playing a game on PC with a controller is "not the true PC experience" or somehow "lesser" (BTW, I'm not accusing you or anyone here of this ;) ). PC controllers have been around for well over a decade. Some games play better with controllers, like most platformers and essentially any driving/racing game ever made. Flight sims ans space sims play better with joysticks. Shooters play better with mouse & keyboard. There are better tools than others for certain games, simple as.

Well I have decided I will be purchasing a Controller just for games like Sleeping Dogs. I agree with your points above around the advantages with a Controller. What type do you recommend? Or are they all the same

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I've been using a controller with my PC's since the 80's. Some are better than others, but the Xbox 360 controller is one of the best I've used. Back when the best sports games were exclusive to the PC, it was the way to play. Plus you haven't played a flight sim the right way if you haven't played it with a joystick and throttle.

The mouse and keyboard is superior for certain genres, but action games are not that genre.

edit: Bruce, you want the Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for the PC. It is the best, and it works perfectly with any windows OS.

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

*Shivers* Says it all.

Why?

Elitist is overused, what meaning does the word even have to you? Is it something you call a person who wants a challenge or what does it mean? =P

Shooters play better with mouse & keyboard, you say.. what type of game is sleeping dogs? ;)

As Hurlshot mentioned, a 360 controlled is the way to go, just stay away from anything made by MadCatz. I have this one (green glow, not blue) and it's treated me well and it's slightly cheaper than an official XBOX360 controller.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I've been using a controller with my PC's since the 80's. Some are better than others, but the Xbox 360 controller is one of the best I've used. Back when the best sports games were exclusive to the PC, it was the way to play. Plus you haven't played a flight sim the right way if you haven't played it with a joystick and throttle.

The mouse and keyboard is superior for certain genres, but action games are not that genre.

edit: Bruce, you want the Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for the PC. It is the best, and it works perfectly with any windows OS.

As Hurlshot mentioned, a 360 controlled is the way to go, just stay away from anything made by MadCatz. I have this one (green glow, not blue) and it's treated me well and it's slightly cheaper than an official XBOX360 controller.

Thanks guys, Xbox controller it is :)

John Milton