STEAM!

Gorth

Steam is having a Linux celebration (Linux-a-bration? Celebratiux?) with a mountain load of Steam Linux games deeply discounted until Feb. 21st.

/scoops up Serious Sam 3: BFE Jewel of the Nile DLC for $1.99

//reloads AS-24 Devastator

If a game is available for both Windows and Linux, and we already own it on Windows, does it apply to both? (Similar to Mac OS and Windows before)

Steam is having a Linux celebration (Linux-a-bration? Celebratiux?) with a mountain load of Steam Linux games deeply discounted until Feb. 21st.

/scoops up Serious Sam 3: BFE Jewel of the Nile DLC for $1.99

If a game is available for both Windows and Linux, and we already own it on Windows, does it apply to both? (Similar to Mac OS and Windows before)

The sale applies to all platforms for that particular game.  So if a particular Linux game is also available on Windows (which is currently true for every single Linux title available on Steam TTBOMK) then it's also on sale for Windows.  And if you own a Windows copy then you own a Linux copy and vice versa.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Steam is having a Linux celebration (Linux-a-bration? Celebratiux?) with a mountain load of Steam Linux games deeply discounted until Feb. 21st.[/size]

/scoops up [/size]Serious Sam 3: BFE Jewel of the Nile DLC for $1.99[/size]

Depends entirely on the game. If it's free like TF2, then sure. I guess. I'm trying Ubuntu out just to get that stupid Penguin in the hopes that it will be half as valuable as iPod earnubs. Which it won't, because the TF2 economy is designed to **** me.

That's unfortunate that it depends on the game.  I can understand that the whole "move everything over to Linux" is expensive, but the idea that I may have to repurchase games I already own through steam will create a barrier for myself.

Pretty sure Valve games are buy once own on multiple platforms, not just free games. I think they also tried to do this for PS3 and Xbox360. I'm fine with paying something because porting isn't cheap, but I'm not paying for the same content twice, that's bull****, so there better be discounts.

They tried to do it with PS3. Portal 2 is the game they actually have that with, you get a redemption code for Steam if you buy it on PS3 and you have to sync up your PSN account.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Steam is having a Linux celebration (Linux-a-bration? Celebratiux?) with a mountain load of Steam Linux games deeply discounted until Feb. 21st.[/size]

/scoops up [/size]Serious Sam 3: BFE Jewel of the Nile DLC for $1.99[/size]

Depends entirely on the game. If it's free like TF2, then sure. I guess. I'm trying Ubuntu out just to get that stupid Penguin in the hopes that it will be half as valuable as iPod earnubs. Which it won't, because the TF2 economy is designed to **** me.

I can only say for sure for the games I own that work on both Windows and Linux (Serious Sam3, Trine, Trine 2, The Journey Down, Half-Life, Counter Strike, Counter Strike Source), but every game that I own that works on both platforms I bought once and own on both Windows and Linux.  Any game I had previously owned on Windows simply popped up in my Steam Linux client when it became available on that platform.  Any game I bought using my Linux client also popped up in my Windows client.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

Got Civ 5 the expansion and all the DLC for like 12 bucks. Finally worth it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

That's a lot more steam posts/moddb posts to answer for me...

And more downloads. I don't mind :).

The more TSL love around the world, the better...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 2 weeks later...

Guys Dark Souls in on special for $20

This is probably a good time to purchase it?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The game is great. Still playing.

I got a free copy of the new XCom game and BioShock 1. Anyone interested?

Yes, very interested :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

What's your steam id?

I'll send you a PM, thanks Bendu :)

John Milton 

They are all gone. :( But I still have two Alpha Protocol, a Portal and a KotOR2 copy left.

Preloaded Bioshock Infinite. My body is ready...

Edited by Bendu

They are all gone. :( But I still have two Alpha Protocol, a Portal and a KotOR2 copy left.

Preloaded Bioshock Infinite. My body is ready...

Same. The Steam page for BI linked to a Destructoid review which I anxiously skipped to the bottom of, to find a big fat

10/10

Looks like Bioshock Infinite is going to be one of the smash hits of the year! Less than 10% of the 40+ reviews give it less than 9

... I guess I'll wait for it to hit the bargain bin. I'm a massive cheap*** when it comes to shooters

Edited by Nordicus
  • Like 1