What you did today

Tale

1st draft of book is all finished, vegas vacation is now over, tonight when i get home from work i will begin the process of editing.

any advice on the editing phase will be most welcome at this point!

Again, there are so many schools of thought on this.

One (which I don't follow, but can see the sense of) is to put the moFo away for three months.

That's what I did. Of course, I was writing a dissertation, which is liable to put you into a much more antagonistic relationship with your manuscript. I was also lucky enough to have two professional writers in the family, who could give it "legibility passes".

At my end, loving the ipad, is a perfect fit for what I needed and kind of looking forward to commuting Baldur's Gate in a couple of months.The "retina" display is a really nice feature.

Now, all I need is proper gaming rig. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Diagnosing network troubles at work today.

Boss's computer works. Everyone else's does not. Try a spare cable to the router that does not go through the cieling and I can make any machine work. One desktop, all I have to do is change the network cable.

Possible diagnosis: Possum

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Got an invitation to a friends engagement party / bbq in a few weeks.

So currently perusing online cigar shops to see what I can pick up. My friend is engaged to a nice lady from mexico, and whenever he travelled there he came back with some fine cigars he always shared out. Since his fiancee has been in the UK studying for the last year, he hasn't travelled and picked up any new ones.. So I'm thinking of turning up with some cigars and port along with the usual suspects.. But good gawd, I understand why he always said he loved cigar shopping in Mexico, the prices in the UK are high.

I'm recognising names and brands we've smoked, that he always chuckled over picking up for $10 or $20 and they're costing silly money here.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got an invitation to a friends engagement party / bbq in a few weeks.

So currently perusing online cigar shops to see what I can pick up. My friend is engaged to a nice lady from mexico, and whenever he travelled there he came back with some fine cigars he always shared out. Since his fiancee has been in the UK studying for the last year, he hasn't travelled and picked up any new ones.. So I'm thinking of turning up with some cigars and port along with the usual suspects.. But good gawd, I understand why he always said he loved cigar shopping in Mexico, the prices in the UK are high.

I'm recognising names and brands we've smoked, that he always chuckled over picking up for $10 or $20 and they're costing silly money here.

Cohiba Siglo IV, and no explanations necessary. ;)

(Personally always start feeling like I'm overcompensating if I go with something bigger, but, hey...)

Edited by Nepenthe

Pretty rough day at work at the psychiatry ward. It's always pretty heart-breaking to see really young people (18) have big psychiatric troubles, like a psychosis in this particular case. And then having to medicate them against their will etc... It's always a real bleh feeling, even though I agree with the decision to do it.

Though I certainly hope I will never stop feeling that feeling either.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Twisted my neck or something earlier this week, luckily feels like a muscle pull - based on effect of heat and massaging - so just trying to rest my neck and heal up. Comes with a rather nice headache too, bleh. Have next week off work, and have no real plans other than playing DX:HR and/or Runaway 3, heh. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Back in May, I put myself on a waitlist (the first one, really) for a new apartment to return to in September in Philly, having permanently vacated my old. I was told that as the first one on the list I was pretty much guaranteed something. Of course, since then I'd heard nothing and all my emails went unanswered, so today I bought an international calling card and called them. After a few pointed words about the idea of a business not returning customers' emails, I was told that nobody had given their notice within the 60-day deadline, meaning short of unusual circumstances, there would be nothing available. This posed a problem, since (1) I really liked that place, (2) I had a very good price, hundred or more below the current listing, and (3) I didn't really look anywhere else.

So now I'm looking to secure an apartment that is available, but only 25 days after I arrive in US, and weeks into the school term. So I'll need to secure some sort of short term stay somewhere, as well. Yeah, being legally adult sucks *developed nation blues*

I would, but it's an uphill battle for short Asian men, and I'm an old fuddy-duddy doctoral student.

Sometimes you do see pieces of American Pie walk around the streets, though.

I would, but it's an uphill battle for short Asian men, and I'm an old fuddy-duddy doctoral student.

Gotta accentuate the positive. Sure, you're a short, asian, fuddy-duddy doctoral student. But I'm guessing that you are also a short, asian, fuddy-duddy doctoral student who speaks English with a non-American accent. That there is gold!

Gotta accentuate the positive. Sure, you're a short, asian, fuddy-duddy doctoral student. But I'm guessing that you are also a short, asian, fuddy-duddy doctoral student who speaks English with a non-American accent. That there is gold!

As a student who speaks English with an accent I can attest to this. Play the foreigner card :thumbsup:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

*starts packing his bags*

Though people tend to mistake my accent for "educated upper east coast", so it might be a dud. :p

As somebody who works in an environment where the locals are outnumbered 15 to 1 by people whose first language isn't English, an accent sort of loses it's value. A genuine Aussie accent is what stands out in the crowd.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Oh, it's gotten me beers in the past, but to be honest, I prefer Korean girls. And I'm currently located in pretty much the street for well-dressed girls in Seoul. I go out for walks.

Oh, it's gotten me beers in the past, but to be honest, I prefer Korean girls. And I'm currently located in pretty much the street for well-dressed girls in Seoul. I go out for walks.

You know what they say about Korean girls, if you want them you have to beat their father at StarCraft.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Apparently my store (4th busiest McD's in Iowa) managed to break a world record for McDonalds in serving 139 cars in one hour

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

You know what they say about Korean girls, if you want them you have to beat their father at StarCraft.

Swoon

MV5BMTc2MTc0OTgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTU2NTQ5MQ@@._V1._SX480_SY640_.jpg

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I spent the day getting reaquainted with my mosted hated enemy: my chainsaw. It hates me, I hate it even more. But somehow we managed to put our differences aside and accomplish a common goal. Namely trimming the trees from off my perimeter fence. Perhaps there is still hope for this world!

Now to kick back with a big glass of iced tea, my XM radio and a beautiful sunset. Life is good!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I don't know why I spent the whole day believing this was Monday.

Now I got to fix some things. :(

village_idiot.gif

Girls-Generation-SNSD%20-22.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.