What you did today

Tale

I've been having one of those I hate my life, my work and the people I work with episodes that has resulted in a lot of fairly late-night swtor. Along with a daily wakeup of 6am, this isn't exactly making me like the abovementioned things more.

Look on the bright side, you could be one of those people that hits the bottle during those episodes!

Turns out that gaming and comfort food aren't actually much better.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Damn Gorgon, that must've had him worried? How old is he?

I sympathize, I've had a similar binge a few years back - I've also had the drink heavily binge and gaming is much easier to recover from, so Malcador is right in that regard. Still sucks when people around you are idiots though.. hope a better job, or at least some way to cope, presents itself.

Fortune favors the bald.

Damn Gorgon, that must've had him worried? How old is he?

I sympathize, I've had a similar binge a few years back - I've also had the drink heavily binge and gaming is much easier to recover from, so Malcador is right in that regard. Still sucks when people around you are idiots though.. hope a better job, or at least some way to cope, presents itself.

Thanks. I spend a lot of time wondering if there's something wrong with my attitude (I've basically had the same thing in every job for the past ~5 years), or if I've just been really, really unlucky. I'm a contractor, so a new job'll have to present itself in the next ~6 months, anyway. :)

I wish I had people to be pissed off about (OK, not really). Early immigration + Introspective high school years + a university with no campus life + yet another move overseas = Very Few Good Friends scattered over the globe then a small amount of decent friends, but no country where I have more than 5 people I could ring up on a late night.

Currently looking up a fried chicken place so I can eat it all. By myself. Bwahaha!

Became annoyed with how my hair gets kinkier/curlier every year and totally butchered it one night. Which didn't help, since apparently the kinks start pretty short, so now I have short hair that likes to curl upwards at the ends, causing a crazy, bizarre mess of a head. I may have to completely buzz-cut it. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bah, I've been cutting my own hair for 25 years. It's not that hard, unless you want very stylized hair or something. My mom's hairdresser used to tell me I should be a hairdresser.

The problem, as mentioned, is that my hair is no longer totally straight. Even tho it's still mostly straight, there's three or four length-spots where it "bends", so if you cut it at those spots, it does weird things. Even having someone else cut it, they hardly do any better.

Don't know why it got semi-curly. Must be an age thing. I usually wear it longer now, because of that, but ... eh, sometimes I get a bee up my bonnet.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I booked a flight for the missus and I tonight. Come February, we'll be frolicking on a beautiful white beach in the tropical climate of Antigua.

Is it February yet?

Try not to get robbed downtown.

But that was on my vacation list of things to do!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I stayed up late enough for today to become yesterday, so tomorrow is now today.

Made a resolution yesterday. 10 o'clock every night, I have to stop playing games, and start writing.

That's not a lot of time dedicated to writing, I will admit. But knowing myself, if I find a good stride, it'll take over a weekend. If I force myself into it, I'll spend more time pacing than being productive.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I only made 15 minutes of gaming today. It's madness!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lol, that makes me feel old (which I am). On weekdays Im usually tucking myself into bed by 10 so I can get up at 5:45.

Gaming to midnight to get up at the same hour is starting to show on my face. :p

Yeah I really can't pull off that anymore without being useless for the whole day.

Also, everyone complaining about 5:45 should really try waking up at 5:00 after going to bed at 2:00.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah I really can't pull off that anymore without being useless for the whole day.

Also, everyone complaining about 5:45 should really try waking up at 5:00 after going to bed at 2:00.

That's not a cause for complaining, that's just blatantly stupid. :p

Been out of town to help a good friend pack her stuff up as she is moving to London. And like every time I help someone move... You feel like you never, ever want to do anything like it again. This girl is especially tough because she is kind of a hoarder.

Still, it was quite a lot of fun all in all, just exhausting.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I got a new keyboard at work. Congrats on the employment, Labadal.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hey, Americans.

So for some reason they're holding the National Communication Association conference in Orlando, Florida. To be precise, inside Disney World.

Assuming some people have been there (e.g. Hurlshot), how long does it take to get from Orlando Airport (MCO) to Disney World generally? I'm looking to land at 9.30am then make it for my own paper at 12.30, to save on hotel fees.

Can't wait to hang around a thousand academics analysing the evils of Disney World even as they skip half the conference to have ****tails and go on rides. Not.