What you did today?

Tale

I never understood the appeal of booze. Just made me thirsty and sleepy eventually.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People would actually choose to play Arma 2 on a friday night *sigh*, and DRIVE... You can't drink and drive HELLO!

Well, the booze on the other end of the drive will be free. :lol:

at work. internships suck. 40 hr week, no pay.

"prepare for law school", they said.

More like "be absolutely freakin' sure that you want to go to law school." From a financial and quality-of-life point of view, it can be a truly terrible decision for a lot of people. Scads of folks are ending up either with loans they can't pay off, or stuck in jobs that they hate but can't leave because it's the only way they can pay off their loans.

I never understood the appeal of booze. Just made me thirsty and sleepy eventually.

:lol: Sucks to be you then!

"Well, the booze on the other end of the drive will be free."

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

You mean the way sex just makes you sticky?

The journey to the being thirsty and sleepy is kinda the point, old boy.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

More like "be absolutely freakin' sure that you want to go to law school." From a financial and quality-of-life point of view, it can be a truly terrible decision for a lot of people. Scads of folks are ending up either with loans they can't pay off, or stuck in jobs that they hate but can't leave because it's the only way they can pay off their loans.

yeah, i've heard the horror stories. problem with law schools today is that EVERY college has one. I'm planning on being able to go top 100, hopefully. but yeah, I hope these summer internships give me an edge later on in life, but guess we'll see.

Hmm. Taste isn't that hot either, granted haven't had any high-brow booze. Fanciest I've had was Affligem and some beer from Quebec that uses unfiltered water or some nonsense. I'll stick to my Coke :lol:

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm. Taste isn't that hot either, granted haven't had any high-brow booze. I'll stick to my Coke :lol:

Amaretto. It's a miracle that I'm not an alcoholic with how good that stuff tastes.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I like a mojito or two every now and then, but normally it's virgin cuba libre* all the way. :lol:

It's a good preparation for when you work 100 hours a week to actually get paid. :lol:

I'm lucky that my entire student debt consists of what I have on my credit card at the moment. Life sure has sucked for the past 10 years, though...

*for the drink analphabets, that's coke with a slice of lime. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hmm. Taste isn't that hot either, granted haven't had any high-brow booze. Fanciest I've had was Affligem and some beer from Quebec that uses unfiltered water or some nonsense. I'll stick to my Coke :)

Coke is really bad for you though. My mum, bless her, swore by iced ginger tea made with root ginger. Lots of it. Plenty of lemon juice. At least it has a kick to make you wince.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well nuts, German women eliminated at home in the WWC. England choked today, so all in all a positive day slightly

People would actually choose to play Arma 2 on a friday night *sigh*, and DRIVE... You can't drink and drive HELLO!

Well, the booze on the other end of the drive will be free. :lol:

I'm mentally flashing Al Pacinos monologue at the end of The Devils Advocate right now:

Reeves: Why the law?

Pachino: Because the law, my boy, puts us into everything. It's the untimate back stage pass. It's the new priesthood baby! Did you know there are more students in law school than there are lawyers walking the earth right now? We're coming out! Guns Blazing!"

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Roughly six months after my wife and I were wed, we finally had a reception for our families last night. It appears everyone had a good time, although the missus and I both beyond exhausted right now.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

One of those days where everything is just feeling.. flat. Trying to figure out if I have any motivation for the day. :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today my daughter took a large stick and slid it down the back of her shirt. She said she needed it to fight the bad man that took candy from little girls. It looked just like every video game character that carries a sword behind their back.

Now she has a fly swatter set up in the same position.

Got a good laugh of my mom telling me that she understand why she'll never get grandkids from me - "because you were not meant to be with people". :p That'll hold me over until 11 am tomorrow. Yay work, **** YEAH!

Today my daughter took a large stick and slid it down the back of her shirt. She said she needed it to fight the bad man that took candy from little girls. It looked just like every video game character that carries a sword behind their back.

Now she has a fly swatter set up in the same position.

Sad how geek parents also doom their children. :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Got a good laugh of my mom telling me that she understand why she'll never get grandkids from me - "because you were not meant to be with people". :ermm: That'll hold me over until 11 am tomorrow. Yay work, **** YEAH!

:(

Sad how geek parents also doom their children.

The solution is to be a closet geek. That way they'll never know the dark secret.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Guest The Architect

You can get away with the geekiness if you're good looking like me. Or if you're not, you could at least learn how to dress properly. I don't know what it is, but nerdy guys can't dress for ****. Look flash and you start breaking the stereotype and you can hide (or be accepted easier) your geeky hobbies. It's a bit like how masculine gay guys have slowly helped people become more accepting of the gay community compared to past decades, because they help to break the stereotype of gay guys being prancing, limp wristed fairies with a high pitched, girly voice who like pink.

I don't know what it is, but nerdy guys can't dress for ****.

Simple. What do 'normal people' do? They don't get into nerdy stuff, they don't get into jocky stuff, etc, so what the hell do they do with all their time?

Simple. What do 'normal people' do? They don't get into nerdy stuff, they don't get into jocky stuff, etc, so what the hell do they do with all their time?

Watch TV. As for dressing properly, pft, as long as it's ironed it's fancy enough for me.