What you did today

Gorth

Watched the Expendables. Then did some research about Dolph Lundgren... and he's got a friggin Masters in Chemical Enginnering.

That.... kinda sent me trippy.

I must break you....down to your base elements.

Thank you, that made me laugh pretty hard. :)

Going through all of my job briefing books since October to finish up my mileage for tax returns. ... at Starbucks - Duluth, MN.

Angry, your life appears to be a bit like Waiting For Godot filtered through early John Steinbeck. With maybe some 1960's Ingmar Bergman black-and-white angst on the beach thrown in.

You deserve a break somewhere tropical with hot and cold running dancing girls.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Going through all of my job briefing books since October to finish up my mileage for tax returns. ... at Starbucks - Duluth, MN.

Angry, your life appears to be a bit like Waiting For Godot filtered through early John Steinbeck. With maybe some 1960's Ingmar Bergman black-and-white angst on the beach thrown in.

You deserve a break somewhere tropical with hot and cold running dancing girls.

I don't think I'd be comfortable taking a vacation to your bedroom, Monte. But thanks for that entire comment. It made me feel less vapid today.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Been working on a photo mosaic. It's been an interesting project, but I'll be glad when it's over.

Also...it's been sunny and, while not exactly summer-warm, rather pleasant, during the day this week. Around here, the weather likes to tease you with an early Spring, but most of the time it's a lie. Maybe we'll get lucky...it's been nice to be able to sit out in the yard in the sun w/my morning caffeine.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In 2010 I drove 5,605.4 non-per diem miles w/ a $.50 per mile rate for tax deductions. That's $2,802.70 for mileage alone. Now to go through my reciepts for lodging and food deductions. Optimism is right around the corner. I need an out of all this wretchedness I've been experiencing lately.

This is all from October til December 31st. The Fall/Winter months for the railroad are the hardest, especially for the low guys on the seniority roster. In the Spring/Summer months a lot of the production gangs (Rail gang, Tie gang, and Construction gangs) usually house 20-30 guys with full per-diems (Single is $30/day, double is $70 a day if you're more than 60m away from home). So, as much as I look to the rock to my left and the hard place adjacent to it, I'll be back on top after I get my tax returns. I think I'm going to have to go to H&R Block and have them done. I think I can forfeit some of my returns to get my funds transfered next day into my bank account and I'll be entirely fine. I just need to stick in there and get this scheduled before I kcuf this up.

By the way, thanks for allowing me to vent and whine without any backlash. I really appreciate forum-mates.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

My teeth hurt. Like all of them. I think I've reached a whole new level of stress, or there's some seriously expensive dental work coming up soon. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I had my taxes done on January 31st, but one of my deductions (The teacher credit) means they won't process it until February 14th. It's like $5000, so I'm really waiting impatiently for it. We are also moving in a couple weeks, so it is much needed right now.

I've also started the process to short sale my condo. I'll post details on that later.

Here's to a tax system that works. We get to do ours in ~May, and the eventual money gets paid in December. I have no idea why, when places like Greece manage to do it closer to the US timetable. Sigh.

My teeth hurt. Like all of them. I think I've reached a whole new level of stress, or there's some seriously expensive dental work coming up soon. :shifty:

Brush into then along behind the gum line. Would have saved me a lot of money if someone had made that very clear to me when I was a kid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My teeth hurt. Like all of them. I think I've reached a whole new level of stress, or there's some seriously expensive dental work coming up soon. :(

Brush into then along behind the gum line. Would have saved me a lot of money if someone had made that very clear to me when I was a kid.

Thanks, but it looks like it was more the stress (apparently a serious case of clamping the jaw). A lot better now, and I have a checkup coming soon, anyway.

Applied for a new job. Looks interesting, and I could arrest people again. :lol:

Thanks, but it looks like it was more the stress (apparently a serious case of clamping the jaw). A lot better now, and I have a checkup coming soon, anyway.

I had that for a while. Trick for me was thikning of ludicrously nice simple things before going to sleep. Kittens, navel fluff etc.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh, you applied to

Good one, but I'm already qualified to work as a lieutenant-> grade cop. :p

This would be more a kind of "Inspector-General's office" type of thing, at least the closest corresponding thing in the American system.

You should be one of those crime scene guys. All sciency but armed and smacking heads, and pronouncing guilt. What are they called again? Oh yes, judges.

-Elwood Blues

Woke up from some very weird-assed dreams, but feeling a lot better then the last two days. So it's been a bit of a catchup morning on all the things I haven't been dealing with...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I had my taxes done on January 31st, but one of my deductions (The teacher credit) means they won't process it until February 14th. It's like $5000, so I'm really waiting impatiently for it. We are also moving in a couple weeks, so it is much needed right now.

I've also started the process to short sale my condo. I'll post details on that later.

Bummer that it came to that. Hopefully things will improve once you move. Good luck!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

all moved in to the new place

everything is mostly good, but haven't been able to sleep for the past few days

i think partly because of the skylight over my bed, and partly because my gf has moved away for her final year at design school

bed feels too empty :(

gonna try and do the long distance thing, and we'll still be seeing eachother every so often, so hopefully it works out

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Met a friend, still obsessing over an ex-coworker. Crazy or just odd (who says "Well I've removed guilt from my personality" anyway?), but definitely not stalk-worthy or healthy material for him - she did laugh and say "Oh all guys tell me this" when he told her liked her. Sadly, nothing short of me finding him a woman will kick him off that, so no go there.

My proposed solution may be to remove her. But will have to keep thinking on this.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I havent had to worry about "dating" in over a decade, I probably wouldnt even know how to act. >_<

I opened up a bottle and started looking at deus ex HR release dates. I've known this girl (sort of) for over ten years (we started at the uni at the same time), so I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this.

Classic really, all the women I know are either taken/evil/psycho and/or sisters of my friends. Last thing wouldn't be normally bad, but I think I'm too damaged right now to enter into relationships with potentially severe consequences (ie. no friends' relatives or workplace stuff). :p

Having a pretty ****ty week, I was kind of hoping the new decade would reverse my luck. Not immediately, for sure. :p