What you did today

Gorth

Today I embarked on an exciting romantic fling with another forumite. This is great because it's so nice to meet a woman who isn't SOME SORT OF SPAM BOT WHO MANAGES TO ABUSE THE PM SYSTEM. I know this because surely if that were true then Gorth and Tigranes would have spotted the fact.

... I hate to break this to you, but she's a total **** - I got TWO posts from her, really eager.

Apparently the word for a woman of loose morals is considered to be bad. I'll go into the ****pit of my airplane to ponder on the reason for it.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Cleaned my primary rooms in a record time today. Now to get stuck cleaning the humidifiers. Then I suppose I'll spend the rest of my day off FINALLY getting parts for my new PC.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Today I embarked on an exciting romantic fling with another forumite. This is great because it's so nice to meet a woman who isn't SOME SORT OF SPAM BOT WHO MANAGES TO ABUSE THE PM SYSTEM. I know this because surely if that were true then Gorth and Tigranes would have spotted the fact.

... I hate to break this to you, but she's a total **** - I got TWO posts from her, really eager.

Apparently the word for a woman of loose morals is considered to be bad. I'll go into the ****pit of my airplane to ponder on the reason for it.

I'm jealous, I didn't get any PM's. :p

It would seem that the sacred precincts of matrimony are obvious even to toasters.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I am one step closer to living inside an Escher print:

DSCN1011.jpg

(Real story: Parents were visiting and helping with house project stuff. Master bedroom is upstairs, but had no door installed (the stairway comes up into middle of room, and there isn't space for any kind of landing at the bottom). The house came with the door and hardware that matches the rest of the house, but it was lying on the floor in the basement, presumably because the way it opens is really awkward to the flow of traffic on the first floor. We'd like to have a door on our bedroom, and we reasoned that it would work better if the door opened swinging inward on left-hand hinges, rather than the right-hand hinges that were on the door and doorframe. Also, the handle should be higher off the ground because the stairs are immediately on the other side, and when exiting one is usually opening the door from 2-3 steps up. Faced with the prospect of reversing hinges, removing the old handle, filling the handle-hole, drilling a new handle-hole, and re-installing the handle, my Dad reasoned that it would be far simpler to flip the door upside-down, which would accomplish both the reversing of the opening direction and the raising of the handle height at once. And, it looks much cooler, too.)

Edited by Enoch

It's been many a moon since I have last updated you all, my good friends, but suffice to say I am alive and well, though I imagine no one really noticed my absence. I'll spare you all the details of the last month or two and all the gratuitous and sordid, sweaty.... love maneuverings. I am currently a busy man, worrying about work and school and finding women in which to spin in in my web, catching their naked bodies softly in my bed. Though I have to be honest that hasn't happened yet, we can't all be as proficient in pulling the proverbial trigger as my good man shryke. My home gym is nearing completion. We are going to build a squat rack and the last touch will be a banner, nay, a shrine to the god of our dojo; pedobear, then all will be complete.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Good to see you back, sluggo. Remember the mantra: "If only the folks back home could see me now." :brows:;)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My seemingly ever worsening allergy-clogged & post-nasal drippy voice is beginning to make me sound like some low-pitched witch of the west. It's cool and annoying at the same time.

...it's been pretty uneventful this week. Hubs had the long weekend and was playing video games, while I....actually, I barely remember what I did all weekend. It's all a blur.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have decided that the best breakfast ever is chops and oatcakes.

-Elwood Blues

Did some jogging around the garden whilst listening my way through James Bond theme songs on my ipod to get some fresh air..

Then caught the last episode of Top Gear since I'd missed it the other night.. Amber Heard as the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" produced some amusing conversation with Clarkson.

But it does make you wonder what all these american film stars think of the self-described "pokey motoring show on beeb2" now that they're starting to turn up on it.. I mean it was one thing when the americans stars were the ones who spent large amounts of time in the UK because they liked it, and might get the Top Gear culture... Now it's spreading beyond that.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Did some jogging around the garden whilst listening my way through James Bond theme songs on my ipod to get some fresh air..

Then caught the last episode of Top Gear since I'd missed it the other night.. Amber Heard as the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" produced some amusing conversation with Clarkson.

But it does make you wonder what all these american film stars think of the self-described "pokey motoring show on beeb2" now that they're starting to turn up on it.. I mean it was one thing when the americans stars were the ones who spent large amounts of time in the UK because they liked it, and might get the Top Gear culture... Now it's spreading beyond that.

Where else do they get to compete head to head? Other than in salaries and box office takings?

Also, how large is your garden? And have you been vaulting the sundial as I imagine?

-Elwood Blues

Also, how large is your garden? And have you been vaulting the sundial as I imagine?

Is that including the rabbit's hole or without?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Where else do they get to compete head to head? Other than in salaries and box office takings?

Well Simon Pegg was on it the other week, and made the comment that while he was on set filming for MI4, Tom Cruise is still talking about Top Gear...

Well the shot during winter (so you'll have to imagine the snow away..) and add about another 8 feet on the right hand side...

SnowView-1.jpg

So its about 90 ft by 45 ft roughly... or about 27.5 meters by 13.7 meters (depending on your branch of imperial/metric)

So Sunday night I played hockey, then yesterday I went on a hike carrying my son in a front carrier and a backpack, then last night I did a yoga/pilates class with my wife. Waking up this morning, everything is sore.

I think I got a bit of whiplash from a hit I took in the hockey game. My right side, from the neck down to the knee, is super tight. Ah well, life in the fast lane and all that.

Nice garden. And is that actually sundial?

Now imagining in satellite imagery quality...

-Elwood Blues

I was browsing through the web when suddenly a giant ad popped up.. That didn't surprise me nearly as much as the model in it. It was a women I had some intimate relations with, about a year ago. Incidentally I had just played a game where her name was used (it's a bit unusual) so I had just thought about her, strange world of small coincidences. Feels good to be able to say that I've been with a model.. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

I was browsing through the web when suddenly a giant ad popped up.. That didn't surprise me nearly as much as the model in it. It was a women I had some intimate relations with, about a year ago. Incidentally I had just played a game where her name was used (it's a bit unusual) so I had just thought about her, strange world of small coincidences. Feels good to be able to say that I've been with a model.. :)

Was it that ad about being too fat?

-Elwood Blues

Got into a long tizzy with a coworker after suggesting they fight Somali piracy by using it as a training ground for special forces people :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Unfortunately.. not a sundial. The nicely done stone bird bath.. which at the time was rather frozen under that snow. :shifty:

I played Call of Duty: Black Ops for far too long the past two days. President's Day was a nice break from the 5 day week in Duluth. Now it's only 4 this week as it will be next week Also, next week I'll have a room to sleep in and a friend to accompany me.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Unfortunately.. not a sundial. The nicely done stone bird bath.. which at the time was rather frozen under that snow. :shifty:

Attach small pole in the middle and paint a few markings around the outside, and it can be both!