What you did today

Gorth

If your brother had the key, why didnt he just let himself in? Or are you saying the police in the UK have skeleton keys to every single residence?

No, he didn't have a key. He got the key from the janitor, but janitors aren't allowed to enter peoples homes without a permit, or the presence of police. My brother works in a police station, so he got help from there. And as a Finn, don't know about skeleton keys in UK >_<

Dude, just answer your door. I wouldn't but that's because right now the place looks pretty disgusting, I haven't bothered cleaning up from last weeks get-together. I am a pig, yes, but I get very self conscious about it.

I should probably clean up right about now.

I was about to, before that letterbox fiddling started. That freaked me out.

Dude, just answer your door.

I never open my door, but then again, I talk daily with people who care enough about me to call the police, and they know to use e-mail or google talk if I'm not answering. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

LOL, that wouldn't have worked for me because I have a large reinforcing bar which I took to using as a joke about zombies and am now used to. So the first I'd have known about it was when the axes started breaking down the door, which would of course have just meant I'd be worried about post-apocalyptic biker nazis.

But FIVE DAYS?

I think the longest I've gone 'bunker happy' was four, and that was when my mum was sick.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

LOL, that wouldn't have worked for me because I have a large reinforcing bar which I took to using as a joke about zombies and am now used to. So the first I'd have known about it was when the axes started breaking down the door, which would of course have just meant I'd be worried about post-apocalyptic biker nazis.

But FIVE DAYS?

I think the longest I've gone 'bunker happy' was four, and that was when my mum was sick.

Heh, currently unemployed + coldest week of the winter (around -20C whole week) = Bunker happy :)

But FIVE DAYS?

I had a minor crisis some years ago (in fact, a bit after KOTOR came out)... I'd found myself on a date with a woman who was in her early 30s (so about 10 years older than me at the time), and I had a total BSOD over it. Woke up the next morning, went and bought my first console ever (the xbox) with KOTOR and optical cables and refused to leave my apartment for two weeks. My mother brought me food. :)

Clearly, I was too sensitive for my own good (or more like I thought that it was a sign of desperation, at the time). :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I found out that my grandma has bladder cancer... she's in good spirits about the whole thing though and I think that I'm more torn up about it than she is.

Did they caught it early? My sentiments are with you.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's been said here before, but I'll say it again.

1) People beat cancer every single day.

2) If you don't beat it then aim to lose with dignity and courage.

3) Don't get all soppy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

3) Don't get all soppy.

You're all heart, Wals. :w00t:

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

3) Don't get all soppy.

You're all heart, Wals. :w00t:

If I had to point out one single influence on how I supported and coped with my mother's cancer it would be the film Zulu. And, her death notwithstanding I wouldn't do it differently in the smallest detail. Nor, so she told me would she have me do so.

-Elwood Blues

Wals, I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It's always hard to lose a loved one.

I also lost my mother to cancer... 10 years ago now, she was 44 and I was 19.

EDIT:

It's unlikely that she will beat it given her age (91) and that she's pretty world-weary now, having outlived 4 children and 2 grand children.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Kind of had one of those weekends where I've felt totally meh and unfocused. Overslept by about 4 hours yesterday and I still felt shattered and bleary as I went though the afternoon. Apart from a few conversations with family haven't actually talked to anybody this weekend.

Mostly tried reading various things rather then anything specific... got aimlessly sidelined reading some of the Warhammer 40k rpg books.. Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader & Deathwatch...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Spent the whole day watching the "Man with No Name trilogy" best 8 hours of my week.

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

ow ow ow ow...

Hung out with friends and rode ATV's...

aaaand crashed. I apparently flew about 15 feet overall (I didn't check) and am now trying to get my leg to work without pain, and my shoulder decides to anger me. I'm not dead or anything but my body isn't really liking me.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

ow ow ow ow...

Hung out with friends and rode ATV's...

aaaand crashed. I apparently flew about 15 feet overall (I didn't check) and am now trying to get my leg to work without pain, and my shoulder decides to anger me. I'm not dead or anything but my body isn't really liking me.

That's your body's way of saying I told you so.

village_idiot.gif

Yeah... it was my own fault, took a turn to fast becasue I was on a utility atv and the guy i was chasing was on a racer. It would have been a lot worse if I'd stuck to the atv because it probably would have landed on me and dragged me and it across the ground.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Today I embarked on an exciting romantic fling with another forumite. This is great because it's so nice to meet a woman who isn't SOME SORT OF SPAM BOT WHO MANAGES TO ABUSE THE PM SYSTEM. I know this because surely if that were true then Gorth and Tigranes would have spotted the fact.

-Elwood Blues