What you did today

Gorth

Spent the day reading stuff about the Challenger disaster, and dealing with RTFM-resistant client.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I was in high school in Daytona FL when that happened. I saw it, but I did not realize what had happened until we went back inside. I thought they had just cut the rocket boosters loose too early. Very sad. I can't believe it's been so long, it does not seem that way.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

all packed and ready to go tomorrow morning

most of my boxes of stuff already at the new place, just bed, couches, drawers, etc to go

wont have internet sorted for another week or so though :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I just sneezed so powerfully I hurt my back and popped my rib at the same time. :lol:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Good luck Shryke, I hate moving.

I'm a little hung over this morning. I stopped at the VFW on the way home for a short libation then got bloody serious about t when I got home. I had a 12 pack of guiness draft in the fridge and now all I have to show for it is a box of empty bottles. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Good luck Shryke, I hate moving.

I'm a little hung over this morning. I stopped at the VFW on the way home for a short libation then got bloody serious about t when I got home. I had a 12 pack of guiness draft in the fridge and now all I have to show for it is a box of empty bottles. :lol:

ON the bright side at least you'll have had your RDA of iron.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Finally got myself into finishing the second book of Larsson's Millennium trilogy. It dragged on a bit, hope the final one's at least close to being as good as the first. Useful as a linguistic exercise at any rate, I don't get to use Swedish nearly enough to stay fluent in it, normally.

Now sitting at work, wondering why I thought it was a good idea to come here today.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I really frakking hate YouTube's uploader sometimes. And yes I had to come here just to say that.

......other than that annoyance, it's been a pretty good day. Good food, good entertainment, good company, back feels a little better...all mellow and stuff. Groovy.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I went fishing in the Hatchee river today. I caught three smallmouth that were big enough to fillet. Very shortly I'll fry them up with some steamed white rice and sauteed zuchinni. After that I'll sit on my front porch with a glass of Knob Creek bourbon poured straight up and neat and look at the stars. Life is good!

Thomas Sowell

Played in an overnight Ultimate tournament last night. Showed up at 11PM and played 5 games, last one finished around 7am. Met some awesome people. It was a hat-tournament, so people sign up and then teams are randomized, which is cool cause you wind up meeting a bunch of people. We finished in 3rd place out of 8 teams. Met some awesome kids my age, a few older dudes, and two chicks.

Now I'm sore as hell and heading out for a friends 22nd birthday party...Which is essentially just a 1 year anniversary of his 21st.

I went fishing in the Hatchee river today. I caught three smallmouth that were big enough to fillet. Very shortly I'll fry them up with some steamed white rice and sauteed zuchinni. After that I'll sit on my front porch with a glass of Knob Creek bourbon poured straight up and neat and look at the stars. Life is good!

Knob Creek mmmmmmmmmm good stuff

I found out that my girlfriend has been cheating on me the past four months. Working an out of town job is awesome!

Ouch. I'm lucky enough to have only found out once that my girlfriend was cheating on me. And that was enough.

Ad by lucky I mean it probably happened more than that, but it's the only time I know about. :lol::grin:

-Elwood Blues

I kicked her out last night. Now, to beable to afford rent + bills after coming off of winter layoff...

Right on, booted her out the door :grin: I know what your feeling, was there myself years ago. I was lucky enough to be the one with income though, good luck bro it will work out for the best. It may not seem like it now but in time, as for cash...can't you collect unemployment? I know it doesn't cover all lost wages but around 70-80% of them? I could be way off, I collected over ten years ago for a year, but I'm sure it's changed since then. Under the table job to help supplement income till winters over?

Good luck dude

Knob Creek mmmmmmmmmm good stuff

Life is too short to not drink from the top shelf!

Thomas Sowell

I kicked her out last night. Now, to beable to afford rent + bills after coming off of winter layoff...

Right on, booted her out the door :p I know what your feeling, was there myself years ago. I was lucky enough to be the one with income though, good luck bro it will work out for the best. It may not seem like it now but in time, as for cash...can't you collect unemployment? I know it doesn't cover all lost wages but around 70-80% of them? I could be way off, I collected over ten years ago for a year, but I'm sure it's changed since then. Under the table job to help supplement income till winters over?

Good luck dude

You can't collect state unemployment if you work for a railroad and I don't qualify for Railroad unemployment until a fiscal year with the company. I go back to work tomorrow in Duluth, MN. I'll be working nights and staying in my car. If any of you live in the area and want to buy me a cup of coffee ... ;-)

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

I took possession of my house today. Finally. We signed the papers just about two months ago. So far, all that we have moved to the new place is my tv. It's a good thing that we don't have a set date to move out of the missus' place.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I went golfing today, it was a decent game. I hit a 118, which is a decent improvement over my last two times out. If I keep improving, I'll be happy. I'd like to get my game down another 10 strokes or so.

Thats about my average too, having only once in my life gotten below 100. Golfing for us is usually an excuse to get all liquored up and make fun of each other as we all stink at the game.

Finally managed to sort out my MP3 collection, got everything in folders according to artist/album. Major pain, but at least I found significant duplicates. Now, I code SQL to the Modern Warfare 2 soundtrack, have to make it somewhat exciting :)

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pushing through the morning after one of those nights with only a few hours sleep.. Plentiful bleary-eyed drinking of fresh tea has ensured.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."