Dragon Age 2

Gorth

I hope not, UE is capable of a lot more than this

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

oh, I don't know which one Bio used for DAO, I thought it was Unreal, looks like I was wrong

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i bet bethesda would make a killing with a twilight rpg.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Well thank goodness they didn't crack on allowing Bethany to be romanceable.

EDIT: Sidenote, seems conveniently timed with the release of TFU2 and Fable 3 :)

They didn't cracked with Imoen either. But it still happened!!! :p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

But honestly WUE, is there the possibility of using a DAO character that you wouldn't have a complaint about? Surely not Sandal? :p

So far I find Wade (the smith) to be the most interesting character overall in the DAO universe :p

As for all the discussions about the "simplicity" of the graphics, I wonder if that isn't the secret strength of the game, keeping the framerates stable and the game running more or less smoothly (as opposed to go overboard on effects and flashy features).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It is Isabela.

I don't really understand why they reuse her in the first place, it's not like she was an interesting character.

Well that's strange. I mean, I know the Quinari (sp) look different, but that's a general species shift, not an actual character change. And the "change" is explained basically as "not all Quinari look the same", which is at least plausible. Isabela (the pirate) looks nothing like the character we met in DA:O.

I guess I shouldn't really complain. It's really not that big a deal. However, just for the sake of continuity it would have been nice if they came up with a different character to play the part of the "female pirate". It's not like the existing Isabela character was interesting enough or her backstory known enough to warrant her inclusion.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

As for all the discussions about the "simplicity" of the graphics, I wonder if that isn't the secret strength of the game, keeping the framerates stable and the game running more or less smoothly (as opposed to go overboard on effects and flashy features).

wait, what about the "walking beacons of light" problem and the "splattered blood on my face" problem? I thought these things eat up your resources.

Walsingham said:

i bet bethesda would make a killing with a twilight rpg.

Why Bethesda? They don't do romances & emocrap in their games.

But there are about a zillion submissive 'companion' mods for each game. :p

Maybe Wing Commander 3 ruined romance plots for me. I mean ....Ginger Lynn?

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

It is Isabela.

I don't really understand why they reuse her in the first place, it's not like she was an interesting character.

Well, you could have foursome with her, so I'd imagine she's super interesting to many fans... "Hell yeah! Maybe now we can have eightsome with her! Or dosensome! Droooollll"

It wouldn't be space opera without a romance subplot. But the players won't settle for just one romance option, that's not enough choice.

Nah, they have to be able to **** everything of the opposite sex in the universe.

Pfft, if only it were that simple. They also have to be able to **** everything of the same sex. And lets not forget the inter-species stuff.

I blame this on the influence of Kirk and Spock.. their "every week one of them gets a different alien / starfleet girl".. :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Maybe Wing Commander 3 ruined romance plots for me. I mean ....Ginger Lynn?

What was wrong with Rachel ? :D

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It wouldn't be space opera without a romance subplot. But the players won't settle for just one romance option, that's not enough choice.

Nah, they have to be able to **** everything of the opposite sex in the universe.

Pfft, if only it were that simple. They also have to be able to **** everything of the same sex. And lets not forget the inter-species stuff.

I blame this on the influence of Kirk and Spock.. their "every week one of them gets a different alien / starfleet girl".. :lol:

Spock did? I think in only one episode, when he had the mating madness.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Reminds me more about the new

than anything. Except that Castlevania seems to have better art style.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Spock did? I think in only one episode, when he had the mating madness.

All sorts of girls fell for Spock during the 3 year span. Nurse Chapel had the ongoing flame for him, there was the mating madness, there was the planet that made him euphoric.. There was even the one where he played harp in a greek/roman setting and had Uhura panting after him... I think he actually had more girls fall for him then Kirk did.. but Kirk was more likely to chase them.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"There was even the one where he played harp in a greek/roman setting and had Uhura panting after him... I think he actually had more girls fall for him then Kirk did.."

Nah. Almost every episode Kirk wa sinvolved with a girl - be it one he was chasing or one chasing him or heck both at the same time. Not even a contest.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

bleh, is this the Unreal engine? looks dated...

No, it's the DA engine. Just like the first game.

It is Isabela.

They are reusing her because the person who wrote her in DA wanted her to be a companion in DA2.

--------------------

Image of the new Darkspawn. In the first game, they looked more like rotting humans to me.

Rise19.jpg

Flemeth. I assume this is at least a decade after the events of DA:O as I killed her then.

Rise16.jpg

Kirkwall, I think. It's nice to see them doing something more with the buildings. Most cities in DA:O were a bit boring.

Rise13.jpg

Wizard companion doing spellslinging stuff.

Rise43.jpg

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

They are reusing her because the person who wrote her in DA wanted her to be a companion in DA2.

Seriously? That's as idiotic as it gets. "I think she's wonderful" etc etc.\

Nice screenies, and despite how anime it's gotten I'm starting to think that they have a point in that it does give the game a stronger look.

I thought Isabella was kinda cool, myself. When I met her I was kinda wishing the current LI wasn't within earshot.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Seriously? That's as idiotic as it gets. "I think she's wonderful" etc etc.\

Nice screenies, and despite how anime it's gotten I'm starting to think that they have a point in that it does give the game a stronger look.

I would bet money that Isabella was in the plans for the first game but it ended up being trimmed and cut down, so a lot of her character work was already laid out and they liked what they had and how it could fit in with the new story.