Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Morrigan. Why, Bio, WHY?

What happened?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I actually liked the Deep Roads, mostly because I like everything that has to do with dwarves.

The doorbell rings. You walk to the door and open it. The second the door opens, a frenzied dwarf jumps at you and starts stabbing you in the face. Will you:

A: Let the pal have his fun, because heck, it's a cute little dwarf!

B: Grab the bastard from the beard and ram him into the blender

Morrigan. Why, Bio, WHY?

Claudia Black.

Am I the only one who thinks Morrigan/Claudia speaks like she is telling a story to a child in DA? That was rather annoying in my opinion. Claudia sounded a lot better in ME2, much more like herself.

Am I the only one who thinks Morrigan/Claudia speaks like she is telling a story to a child in DA? That was rather annoying in my opinion. Claudia sounded a lot better in ME2, much more like herself.

Wait, what? Who was she in ME2?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

One of the quarian generals(or whatever).

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

"Bioware screws up release of DA Ultimate Edition"

Why do you lie? The article clearly states it was EA who 'screwed' things up so why make stuff up?

Anyways...

Deep Roads probably had some of the most fun battles in the game, and was truly a legendary dungeon. then again, I like everything dwarf too so *shrug*... excpt one of BIO's worst npcs ever - a specific dwarf in DA...

"They're shoe-horning yet another 'we love our NPCs so you must too' moment into one of their games.

What happened to the kill-annoying-NPCs-and-that's-the-last-of-them principle that kept RPGs fun?"

Morrigan is easily the best npc in the game, and a top 5 BIO NPC ever. Plus, I don't recall her being killable unless it was in a silly DLC.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Bioware screws up release of DA Ultimate Edition"

Why do you lie? The article clearly states it was EA who 'screwed' things up so why make stuff up?

European copies of Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition for the PlayStation 3 were shipped with the wrong content, developer BioWare has admitted.

Bioware puts those gold masters together.

I know some disliked the Fade, but I thought it was fine.

I'm going to assume that a lot of people think like me (wrong, I know), and assume that the problem with the fade was that it was an interminably long and boring segment within an interminably long and boring dungeon. Conceptually, the fade was fine (and the execution in Awakening somewhat better, even though Blackmarsh was pretty much my least favourite part of the game, as it, again, felt a bit stretched out).

And Matriarch Aethyta AND the Rachni Ambassador... :shifty:

Having wrong/missing content in one region of one platform doesn't quite sound like a complete "botch of the release", tbh. Considering that the Euro CE's of both ME2 and DAO were delayed by weeks. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

And Matriarch Aethyta AND the Rachni Ambassador... :shifty:

That's impossible! If Claudia Black had voiced them I would have noticed. I would have noticed!

*wheeps uncontrollably*

Have I failed?

That's impossible! If Claudia Black had voiced them I would have noticed. I would have noticed!

*wheeps uncontrollably*

Have I failed?

You're screwed pal

Forgive me, Claudia!

I actually liked the Deep Roads, mostly because I like everything that has to do with dwarves.

The doorbell rings. You walk to the door and open it. The second the door opens, a frenzied dwarf jumps at you and starts stabbing you in the face. Will you:

A: Let the pal have his fun, because heck, it's a cute little dwarf!

B: Grab the bastard from the beard and ram him into the blender

C: Hug him and convince him that I am his friend.

A strapping, virile gamer that loves Diablo. Stupid overly long hack and slash section. I think it even has respawning enemies at a point or two.

I'm just teasing, it wasn't as bad as Diablo.

Edited by Tale

*wheeps uncontrollably*

Have I failed?

You're screwed pal

Forgive me, Claudia!

As penance, you shall buy a $ 2500+ home theatre system for gaming. Like I did.*

(Or just use IMDB in the future, like Deathdealer did. :shifty:)

*just counting the audio section :pP

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

First 5 minutes of Dwarven Noble origin > Deep Roads > Rest of DA

At least the DR wasn't trying to pretend it's not a crappy Diablo clone.

I'll take pretending not to be a crappy Diablo clone over revelling in it any day of the week. It's like, what would you prefer, your date to wear the bag or not to wear the bag?

I should be arrested for that metaphor.

Edited by Tale

Personally I find the Denerim parts before the Archdemon way worse than the Fade or the Deep Roads. Also, Howe's estate.

I savoured the very few parts of the game where I could skip combat, especially that part where it involved selling Elves into slavery.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

What happened to the kill-annoying-NPCs-and-that's-the-last-of-them principle that kept RPGs fun?

You could kill Wynne, Alister, Loghain, Shale, Zevran, and Leliana. You could also never pick-up Leliana, Shale, Sten, and the Dog.

Wait, so she is showing up in DA 2?

There's no indication she's going to be in the game. We know Flemeth is in it. It's possible Morrigan makes an appearance. Might depend on the save file from DA:O.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

i've said it several times already but dragon age origins would have been a better game imo if it had only 3-4 fights per dungeon. make em big and hard, but far between.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.