Dragon Age 2

Gorth

Christ, DragonEffect indeed. Looks like a bad Hollywood film.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Christ, DragonEffect indeed. Looks like a bad Hollywood film.

In their defense, they tried doing that kind of thing with the trailers for the first game.

There's a disturbing trend of video game advertisment to not actually show any of the game in the ads. You have to hunt for ___con footage of gameplay. Not saying this trailer doesn't have gameplay, I haven't seen it yet. But I'd wager if it's there, it's cinematic cuts.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

In their defense, they tried doing that kind of thing with the trailers for the first game.

There's a disturbing trend of video game advertisment to not actually show any of the game in the ads. You have to hunt for ___con footage of gameplay. Not saying this trailer doesn't have gameplay, I haven't seen it yet. But I'd wager if it's there, it's cinematic cuts.

I wouldn't know, I didn't see any of the first game's advertisements - I bought it (unfortunately) on the recommendation of a friend.

The problem with the first game is it starts out so promising - the origin stories and Ostagar are very good, if cheesy. It just falls apart after them, though.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Actually the City Elf origin still has too much filler combat. I was playing that and thinking "After all this time, could Bioware not come up with something other than clearing out room after room? Hopefully it's just because this is a tutorial" Silly me.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

The pirate-chick is apparently Isabel(l)a from DA:O, the duelist in the Pearl that you can have a two/three/foursome with.

I think that's false information. Nevermind the fact the characters look nothing alike (other than being female).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I read it in the IGN preview about rogues.

Quality game journalism at its best.

Not.

(Also the Warden is going to be seriously sad about this. He only had the choice between a crazy nun, a vicious witch and a merry assassin. No nympho pirates.:lol:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Nevermind the fact the characters look nothing alike (other than being female).

Take note of the entire Qunari people.

I read it in the IGN preview about rogues.

Quality game journalism at its best.

Not.

(Also the Warden is going to be seriously sad about this. He only had the choice between a crazy nun, a vicious witch and a merry assassin. No nympho pirates.:p)

It is Isabela.

I don't really understand why they reuse her in the first place, it's not like she was an interesting character.

I don't understand why they shouldn't reuse her. Being a minor character in one work doesn't exactly exempt you from importance in others.

She was uninteresting because she was a minor character. She beat up some guys in a bar, ooh. That doesn't reflect any negative attribute about the character itself.

You wouldn't remember her if she hadn't been there, either. That is also not a reason for her to not be used.

Edited by Tale

She was uninteresting because she was a minor character. She beat up some guys in a bar, ooh. That doesn't reflect any negative attribute about the character itself.

You wouldn't remember her if she hadn't been there, either. That is also not a reason for her to not be used.

I think she's the perfect character to reuse - memorable (though probably for the 'wrong' reasons), but an empty vessel to be filled with new daddy issues. :lol:

But honestly WUE, is there the possibility of using a DAO character that you wouldn't have a complaint about? Surely not Sandal? :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I already explained why. Because she's not interesting. Sandal was far more interesting than her and he only said 'Enchantment' all the time. Isabela? Can hardly remember anything noteworthy about her.

She wasn't interesting due to a lack of content, not so much because her content was boring. IMO anyways.

Doesn't matter how interesting the character is. Bioware's primary business is peddling automated mannequins for virtual sex.

So it would seem, after a quick jaunt on their forums. It's as if they'd rather Mass Effect be a galactic dating sim rather than an epic space opera.

It wouldn't be space opera without a romance subplot. But the players won't settle for just one romance option, that's not enough choice.

Edited by Tale

It wouldn't be space opera without a romance subplot. But the players won't settle for just one romance option, that's not enough choice.

Nah, they have to be able to **** everything of the opposite sex in the universe.

bleh, is this the Unreal engine? looks dated...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.