What are you playing now

Pidesco

playing new vegas has made it impossible to ever go back to fallout 3, the near-constant requisite dungeon crawling was very obnoxious in fo3, seemed like every quest involved a dungeon of some sort

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Just finished Black Ops. Still reeling from how surprisingly good it was.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I finished the Dragon Knight Saga. I'm not too keen on the re-mastered version of Ego Draconis, since it streamlines the original a bit too much (albeit for the better), but the expansion Flames of Vengeance is fantastic overall. Excellent quests, writing & music. There's even some choice & consequence in many sidequests that may prompt me to replay the entire expansion and see what difference it makes. The only thing I disliked was the arcade-like Dragon shoot 'em up in the final sections of the game that nearly made me ragequit.

Overall, DSK is the best game I've played this year, even before River of Time. Now hopefully Two Worlds 2 will swipe me off my feet again..

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Assassin's Creed 2 on PS3.

I still find it a bit repetitive like the original, but overall the side quests are much better integrated into the overall story arc so it seems less like a chore. The setting and music are really superb and my favorite part of the game was walking around Venice and Florence just taking in the atmosphere while listening to the music.

I dig the story although the whole

piece of eden being a remnant of an ancient and advanced human/alien race seems overdone. But I guess the apple had to come from somewhere.

I do like how they integrated parts of history into the game, giving it an eerie, mystical quality.

The free-running and climbing through some amazingly reconstructed locales are the best parts of the game.

I think the assassination part of the game needs some work. When you're trying to assassinate a target in plain view, in public, the hide in plain sight mechanism is great. There is a thrill in sneaking up on your target mixed in with a crowd of people, or getting closer using overhead rafters and rooftops.

The problem is when you're trying to navigate through restricted areas where guards are on high alert. Since the game lacks a sneak system using shadows/obstacles/crouching (you can't crouch) its frustrating having Ezio get caught just because he can't crouch and hide against a low wall or furniture.

The combat is unchanged using the same timing mechanism as the original. You do get a bunch of more weapons and the kill animations are still satisfying to watch. The poison kill is the best.

Overall amazing game and I'll most likely pick up Brotherhood when it comes out.

Obsidian, could you license the AC2 engine and just make a huge city and make that a base for a RPG? The setting could be like Lionheart! But please don't make it like Lionheart in every other respect.

Edited by Azure79

I finished the Dragon Knight Saga. I'm not too keen on the re-mastered version of Ego Draconis, since it streamlines the original a bit too much (albeit for the better), but the expansion Flames of Vengeance is fantastic overall. Excellent quests, writing & music. There's even some choice & consequence in many sidequests that may prompt me to replay the entire expansion and see what difference it makes. The only thing I disliked was the arcade-like Dragon shoot 'em up in the final sections of the game that nearly made me ragequit.

Overall, DSK is the best game I've played this year, even before River of Time. Now hopefully Two Worlds 2 will swipe me off my feet again..

Which reminds me I still need to finish Drakensang. I could never get into it for some reason, but time to give it another go. I think it was the weird shuffling running animation and awkward translation that threw me off. Most other parts of the game I really liked. I know, stupid reasons to stop playing game.

How is Divinity 2 overall? I was thinking of buying it on Steam. I love the original Divine Divinity but couldn't get into Beyond Divinity. I heard its more like a sequel to the original? Most importantly is the scorpion trap skill still in place?

Obsidian needs to work on their tools. Changing the engine at every project must be damn tiring, not to mention that they clearly have difficulties learning to use them efficiently during the timeframes they have for their projects.

Must... resist.... urge to have a pop at DNF.

Oh hell - Breaking news: Duke Nukem Forever to switch to Gamebryo engine!

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I just finally finished White Knight Chronicles, and I really liked the storyline... Hopefully WKC2 will get announced EU release soon o:) Would be shame to miss the ending of the story =]

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Still playing Fallout 3. Did Operation Anchorage at some point, feel I should mention it.

Completed the main quest to start up Broken Steel

Started and am seemingly almost done with the Pitt.

Operation Anchorage and The Pitt don't particularly feel like Fallout. Anchorage feels like a terrible FPS. The Pitt feels like any post-apocalypse work other than Fallout. There's just so little that's recognizeable about it. It's just a bunch of fetish outfits and slavery.

At least The Pitt has better skill interaction than Operation Anchorage. I actually ended up getting an energy weapon, wow. And a speech check or two.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh, and 3 has one thing in particular over New Vegas. Enclave riding into areas in a Vertibird. Was exploring L'Enfant or something like that. Sneaking past some Super Mutants. In the middle of them land a bunch of Enclave. The Super Mutants start firing rockets, but otherwise the Enclave are winning. Then the wrecked cars nearby start exploding.

4 Enclave, 6 Super Mutants, 1 survivor.

It was a warzone like Hoover Dam wished it could have been.

Edited by Tale

Point Lookout (post-apocalypic Deliverance) is the best DLC by far, despite the cheating enemies. Decent main quest and some excellent sidequests.

Mothership Zeta isn't bad for a corridor shooter. The samurai's outfit & katana (aside from the other overpowered loot) alone make it worth playing.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Nothing could possibly be more overpowered than the Chinese Stealth Suit. Though I'm having trouble finding Recon Armor to repair it with.

Edited by Tale

Nothing could possibly be more overpowered than the Chinese Stealth Suit. Though I'm having trouble finding Recon Armor to repair it with.

Not only is it overpowered, it has a glitch that allows you wear it with a hat! I used the Chinese army hat, personally. It was fun!

I do miss the exploding cars from FO3 to some degree. Finding yourself running from raiders only to realize you're in a drive-in theater and the raiders bad aim is hitting the cars second before it explodes and kills everyone involved (dismembering my arms and legs so my slow-mo death scene was my torso & head flying through the air) was a one-of-a-kind experience! :)

I'm playing through Fallout: New Vegas though and it has its own charms. Massive exploding cars so far hasn't been one of them though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

New Vegas reintroduced me to one aspect of exploding cars. + Frag Mines = better trap

Screw you,

the road after Nipton.

But I swear, in Fallout 3, they're not missing and hitting the cars, they're aiming for the cars. That Sniper in Minefield. He always shoots the car even if he can't see me.

Edited by Tale

New Vegas reintroduced me to one aspect of exploding cars. + Frag Mines = better trap

Screw you,

the road after Nipton.

But I swear, in Fallout 3, they're not missing and hitting the cars, they're aiming for the cars. That Sniper in Minefield. He always shoots the car even if he can't see me.

Yeah the sniper in minefield would shoot the cars to explode them. Fun times.

The raiders were mostly just about as crap at hitting things as I was.

I haven't seen cars explode as much - I'm assuming they're harder to make explode (as I believe I saw one explode before in FONV).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

thinking of finally getting round to trying Mask of the Betrayer, but always so damn indecisive with character builds

briefly tried fighter/rdd/weaponmaster/bard, but it seemed kinda boring, so now considering a rogue of some sort

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

thinking of finally getting round to trying Mask of the Betrayer, but always so damn indecisive with character builds

Gah, no kidding. It's part of the reason I've never finished any of NWN2.

EDIT:

I've recently started a complete ME run to get both games fresh in my mind again. It's been a fair while since I played ME, but no so long that running around and scanning 21 keepers again bores me too much to continue for now.

So... A couple friends of mine have just begun their own DA:O games and talking with them about it has inspired me to start another run, and maybe this time actually completing Awakening and the DLCs.

Also really need to get into F:NV.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.