What are you playing now

Pidesco

Well, after 4 or so long months, I am back to being an actual "gamer". Last summer I traded in my Xbox, thinking I could do without it but I was wrong. After sustaining myself on mainly Starcraft 2 and Counterstrike (on my Macbook, Steam<3) I finally went out and purchased a nice new 360 and Halo: Reach.

I beat Reach in one sitting yesterday, and holy crap what an epic game. Really sad that Bungie won't be doing Halo games anymore but they went out with a bang for sure.

Beat Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. So, definitely not a spinoff or whatever. It's somewhere between expansion and sequel. Really liked it. If you're a fan of the series, you'll want to pick it up.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Started to play Star Ocean: First Encounter on PSP, so far it's pretty fun game hopefully, it will last me few nights at the hotels during my business trips :thumbsup:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Started Dawn of War II. Campaign is more fun than I thought it would be, but it's not engaging me enough to sit down for hours with it.

I'll try out King's Bounty now.

AC: Brotherhood. Meh. Worst of the 3.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Finished TFUII. Now replaying it on Unleashed difficulty (and already visited Dagobah). Although the story is really terrible, I enjoy the game. Great visuals, but the game is ****ing short.

Also playing the multiplayer of AC:Brotherhood.

AC: Brotherhood. Meh. Worst of the 3.

Impossible, the first one was AWFUL

I'LL KILL YOU

It was, actually. You watch a lot of unskippable B-cinema, go through loading screens and training screens, run and ride a LOT, then the interesting part is pretty much reduced to big red dots saying PUSH X HERE.

I'm hearing great things about the MP stuff but unfortunately, Ubisoft.

AC1 didn't have godawful voice acting like AC2 and Brotherhood do. Also people weren't as ugly. And the character didn't wear ridiculous amounts of layers of expensive cloth.

Half a line of dialogue is always italian (probably with a terrible american accent) and the other half is in english with the most annoying italian accent. And EVERYONE speaks like this. Makes my ears bleed.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It was, actually. You watch a lot of unskippable B-cinema, go through loading screens and training screens, run and ride a LOT, then the interesting part is pretty much reduced to big red dots saying PUSH X HERE.

You're going on the list, too, Tigranes. The List!

Edit: Capital L

Edited by Tale

Almost finished a game of EU III (with all 3 current expansions), having reached 1802.

Played as Brandenburg and later as Holy Roman Empire (after assimilating all the member states). Ze world now zpeakz German.

Managed to goad the Persion Empire (only realm to rival my size and prestige) into a two successive wars, in which I devastated them. Nabbing a few gold provinces and forcing them to release a bunch of nations both times. They are now only half the size they used to be and no threat anymore. The border frictions in Anatolia and eastern Siberia were getting a bit annoying anyway.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finished TFUII. Now replaying it on Unleashed difficulty (and already visited Dagobah). Although the story is really terrible, I enjoy the game.

I was already bored to tears by the demo, so decided to skip it altogether. Not sure why, I was ok/indifferent towards the first one.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

AC1 didn't have godawful voice acting like AC2 and Brotherhood do. Also people weren't as ugly. And the character didn't wear ridiculous amounts of layers of expensive cloth.

Half a line of dialogue is always italian (probably with a terrible american accent) and the other half is in english with the most annoying italian accent. And EVERYONE speaks like this. Makes my ears bleed.

the game is 10x better if you just play it in italian with english subtitles. seriously, give it a try, its awesome.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm hearing great things about the MP stuff but unfortunately, Ubisoft.

Sure, AC1 gameplay could be better. But still, the story was interesting, dialogue was very good and the protagonist had something like a character progression, one thing, which is very rare in games.

I've been a bit deceived by Two Worlds 2. The beginning is good, but it becomes less and interesting as the story progresses. Also the magic mechanic is a bit unbalanced. What didn't help was the awful voice acting in the french version, I regret to have taken this version of the game, but thought that a european game would be able to manage localization properly.

I'm now enjoying a lot Divinity 2 : DKS.

I played a bit more Two Worlds 2 last night, and I've noticed they have fixed the worst unbalancing problems of the first game. In fact, this game is bordering on difficult (not Gothic 2: Night of the Raven difficult, but still..).

You can no longer kill one hundred of the same enemy, take 100 similar swords from those 100 enemy corpses and combine those 100 sword into one super sword. The amount of times you can combine weapons is now directly connected to your "weapon combine" skill (I have no clue what it's called in game). It basically means you can combine up to ten swords into one (the skill is capped at ten), unless you specialize and go for the weapon combining skill (then it's another ten sword, 20 combined). But the skill levels are also player level restricted, so you need to be level 22 to even start working on that weapon combining skill.

Oh, and you can't just combine ten swords and be done with it. Now you need to break down the first sword into components (wood, iron, steel), and then it takes a certain amount of these resources to raise the level of your weapon. It might just take one steel and two wood for the first level, but by the tenth level you'll be needing ten steel and 20 wood. Since each sword only gives 1-2 of each resource, it's much more difficult to transform ordinary weapons into superweapons. I must say I like this new system though.

Just before I went to bed last night, I got brave and entered a random dungeon I found on the prairie. It contained a bunch of mean skeletons called Necris. They actually beat me up almost ridiculously easy! I loved it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm glad they removed permanent effect potions from the game.

Melee becomes easy quickly. I took out several Dead knights at level 11, while in the first game this would have been pretty much impossible. Also, spiders are not a threat anymore since they have no longer have poison attack, which was very deadly in the first game. Not to mention, if you can take out a Cyclops without losing health, it's already pretty much guaranteed that the rest of the game won't be a challenge anymore. Still, I haven't had as much fun playing a melee character since Blade of Darkness.

The exploration is a bit disappointing, though. The few accessible dungeons (most are locked because they're tied to sidequests) contain very little of worth, save a few locked chests containing level-scaled loot. The interiors are generally impressive, though.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The exploration is a bit disappointing, though. The few accessible dungeons (most are locked because they're tied to sidequests) contain very little of worth, save a few locked chests containing level-scaled loot. The interiors are generally impressive, though.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. I found another dungeon (filled with large scorpions, poisonous as all hell) where I climbed ever upward in winding tunnels, until I ran into a large circular room. The bottom of the room was filled with water, and I had entered it from a ledge above, perhaps 30 meters up. On the other side of this room I saw another ledge, and in the water below I noticed pieces of a bridge that had fallen down, and I saw the remnants of the bridge on my side. naturally, I became obsessed with finding a way of crossing the abyss and reaching the other side.

After falling down ten times, I cleared an old cart that was standing near the edge of the abyss from barrels (you can throw barrels around using the physics), sprinted on top of the cart and managed to fling myself over, only to be greeted by.. nothing. One scorpion put up a half-hearted fight, there was a tunnel that was a dead end and nothing else. It was very confusing.

Hint: don't do the labyrinth sidequests. I wasted hours expecting some grand reward, and got almost nothing in the end.

Already done it! I love mazes. Also, these mazes were really good, as they all had something leading you through (

one had a trail of dead rats!

). But yeah, the end was somewhat abrupt and anticlimactic.

But can you beat Kurasawa 2 in WC ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra