What are you playing now

Pidesco

I played Left 4 Dead 2 with some friends, a couple of campaigns. First time I tried it and it's pretty fun, though I have to say all the hype I was hearing is overrated. It's a very tightly made arcade game where teamwork is important, but I felt it was pretty simple.

I thought the icons were all over the place. Special move to dispatch a zombie or help one of your companions ? - the entire screen would be blocked out by the symbol just to remind you that it was possible. Did much to ruin the feel.

I can imagine it would be fun playing it with a few friends though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Oh, the simplicity is essential to its appeal, indeed, but I just expected something monumental from everyone fapping to it for the last year or so. It certainly is fun.

I don't know if the original is different, by the way, but it wasn't scary at all. The icons, yes, but in general I can't think how it would be scary at all. Mainly the things that got me going was the teamwork, the tight pacing, the on-your-toes aspect of the special zombies, the nice touches of characters talking to each other, etc.

The icons go away as you play. The game is "scary" when you're playing on the hardest difficulty and a tank spawns while you're on a rooftop, but not because of the zombie invasion itself. I don't remember anyone discussing that the game is scary perse, though some of the levels in the first one had great atmosphere iMO.

The game isn't specifically scare as much as it can be an adrenaline pumper because of the tenseness of doing the special infected as a group. Tanks in particular are freaky because on higher difficulty it's a 1shot down and when you're playing vs your friends can get VERY good with the tanks.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

AC: Brotherhood. Meh. Worst of the 3.

Impossible, the first one was AWFUL

Actually, after finishing Brotherhood, I went back to the original. Holy crap I had forgotten how much it sucks. Oh well.

Also, the dude in the guild in Damascus has the exact same voice actor as Leonardo, and he doesn't change it at all. Its... oddly disconcerting, if only because it doesn't really sound out-of-place in either setting.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Really enjoying Undead Nightmare. Ammo starts out fairly scarce, but saving a town dumps a ton on you. I still find myself running out, however. And I just got a flaming pony.

It's nice to play as John Marston again, after how the regular game ended. And it's often hilarious to see the ignorant townsfolk response to a zombie apocalypse.

IT'S THE FOREIGNERS! AND THE GOVERNMENT! THEY NEED TO SHUT OUR BORDERS!

IT'S THE JEWS! I'M HERBERT MOOOOON!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Second weekend in a row I've went on a gaming-binge and bought and played a game through in one sitting. Last weekend was Halo: Reach which I was very satisfied with. This weekend was CoD: Black Ops which had a really great story, surprisingly. Reminded me a lot of Shutter Island.

I've been thinking of buying Black Ops, but I haven't gotten around to it. I bought Mount and Blade and World of Goo from the same Steam sale. Mount and Blade seems like a bust so far, but World of Goo is awesome. I've been trying to get OCD for all the maps. I've managed to get the first chapter and a few on the second chapter. I got ocd on a map in the third chapter and a map on the fourth chapter kind of by accident the first time through but I think the rest will be killer.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I couldn't get into it, after I spent all my arrows trying to kill a peasant woman for practice with my expert mongol archer I gave up. I also didn't really understand the core gameplay. I trucked around in what I took to be map mode without encountering anything other than scattered towns - what do you do in this game ?.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Still playing Two Worlds II and it is enjoyable overall. There are some annoying things, spent 2 minutes lockpicking a trasure chest only to find another lockpick in it. Some treasures have been empty... I also think loot is randomized. I opened a chest, but was killed afterwards. Went back there(immediately after reload) and the chest had diffetent content. I'm playing as a mage 90%. Of the time, killing stuff before they reach me. The ones that have any HP left are mowed down with dual weapons. Archery hasn't been used much.

Also, I need to find a chest where I can keep armours and such.

I tried the Torchlight demo for the first time today, and I was a little underwhelmed. It wasn't bad, but lack of multiplayer made me skip it. The second one has potential because it adresses this issue.

I couldn't get into it, after I spent all my arrows trying to kill a peasant woman for practice with my expert mongol archer I gave up.

Ranged and foot combat is generally terrible in m&b. It's not worth pursuing.

I also didn't really understand the core gameplay. I trucked around in what I took to be map mode without encountering anything other than scattered towns - what do you do in this game ?.

Whatever your wish.

As any open-world simulation it allows you to assume various position in the world.

The hardest to attain is likely that of a king/emperor but the sheer number battles that need to be fought to reach it is simply staggering.

The beginning goal of M&B is to just put together a small warband and travel around beating up bandits. Eventually you can swear allegiance to a king and work for him, if you do well you can capture your own castle and defend it. Make sure to hire all the named npcs you find, they are awesome. There is a ton of depth hidden in the game, it really allows you to carve your own unique story.

If you want to practice combat, go to the arena. You can make money and it builds skills. I don't know why you would waste time shooting a peasant. There are a few big flaws in the game, but it has a complexity most do not.

Well, there is one. Or several.

You can buy a house for 50,000 in one of the towns.

It has lots and lots of containers.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, there is one. Or several.

You can buy a house for 50,000 in one of the towns.

It has lots and lots of containers.

Ah, good to know. Time to save some money.

The beginning goal of M&B is to just put together a small warband and travel around beating up bandits. Eventually you can swear allegiance to a king and work for him, if you do well you can capture your own castle and defend it. Make sure to hire all the named npcs you find, they are awesome. There is a ton of depth hidden in the game, it really allows you to carve your own unique story.

If you want to practice combat, go to the arena. You can make money and it builds skills. I don't know why you would waste time shooting a peasant. There are a few big flaws in the game, but it has a complexity most do not.

I'll keep at it. It's not that I'm against the game. I thought it was an rpg for some reason, but I mostly bought it because the two pack was on sale for such a low price and I'd seen folks comment on it here in the past. I don't really have a problem in combat so far. From reading what you and pmp have said, though, it's really more of a medieval warfare sim than an rpg. If I can build a trading empire, that would be sweet.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

You can be a marchant too in M&B. Did you bought the first one or M&B:Warband. Because the second one is a bit more guided and has some quests that allows you to have a less tough learning curve. Warfare simulation is very impressive in this game.

For some reason, I'm getting hooked on Dawn of War 2.

Because of the way the game is designed, I keep forgetting my units. Everytime I send someone to retreat, there's a good chance they won't be seen again for 5 minutes.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've always had a soft spot for Warhammer, both fantasy battle and 40k. Over the top, to be sure, but fun nonetheless.

Obsidian Plays