What are you playing now

Pidesco

Reinstalled Freespace 2 and found all the amazing mods - the Open Freespace (that someone in here recommended) is absolutely unbelievable.. They've made a rather old game look almost worthy of a modern titel (X3 like graphics).

Just look at this

mod.

or these screenshots.

RScreen0066.jpg

RScreen0003.jpg

That's pretty bad*** for a 1999 game.

Fortune favors the bald.

I know.. I downloaded a mod called FSPort, which allows you to play the complete and original Freespace campaign in this new engine (and you don't even need the original FS game only FS2) - I'm now officially flabbergasted by modders.

Fortune favors the bald.

Reinstalled Freespace 2 and found all the amazing mods - the Open Freespace (that someone in here recommended) is absolutely unbelievable.. They've made a rather old game look almost worthy of a modern titel (X3 like graphics).

Just look at this

mod.

or these screenshots.

RScreen0066.jpg

RScreen0003.jpg

That's pretty bad*** for a 1999 game.

I think there are 2010 games out there that dont have as good of graphics as that!

deicideLogo5.jpg

I have to play this game. Its one of the space combat sims I missed.

But first, I need a joystick.

I've always found it easier to play with keyboard.. but to each his own.

Use this for the easiest install - through this program you can download and use all the most popular mods. PM me when you get it, if you need help. It took me a a while to figure it out on my own and I'd be glad to help you skip that step. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

Alright where do I get that game, Rosjberg? I need to play it NOW.

EDIT: Nvm, saw the link.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Reinstalled Freespace 2 and found all the amazing mods - the Open Freespace (that someone in here recommended)

Hello :)

No you don't, its not like Tie Fighter were you need a country sized mousepad.

And I recommend the game for everybody, not just for the pretty graphics, the game itself is one of the best games ever done! And you can get FreeSpace 1 for free as an mod for FS2 open, which is great game too!

I wonder if Freespace stole their plot idea from someone. But it's a very used one for sure..

I mean Mass Effect is very similar, the Reapers are basically the Shivans and the Ancients are much like the Proteans etc.

Reinstalled Freespace 2 and found all the amazing mods - the Open Freespace (that someone in here recommended)

Well thank you then. :)

Fortune favors the bald.

No you don't, its not like Tie Fighter were you need a country sized mousepad.

And I recommend the game for everybody, not just for the pretty graphics, the game itself is one of the best games ever done! And you can get FreeSpace 1 for free as an mod for FS2 open, which is great game too!

I used to play Wing Commander on both joystick and keyboard and the joystick was much more fun....

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

How could you have missed FS2????

And joystick only works best if you're used to it, ohterwise the mouse does fine. Even if you have move it a lot in combat. And your aim is better with the mouse when the target is in your view.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

the only space/flight sim i've played is tie fighter. how does freespace 2 compare to that?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

the only space/flight sim i've played is tie fighter. how does freespace 2 compare to that?

It's different. Tie Fighter had the advantage of a very thorough background and established lore, coupled with a great game - which made it an instant classic. Freespace does the Simulator mechanics much better, it's simply a more advanced game, but the story is not as fleshed out when you begin (obviously) - the story did however feel very original and fresh at the time of it's release, but as a newcomer you will have seen it all before.. Many games afterwards have a similar storyline.

For a modern player the story in the original FS will probably feel a little rushed and the battles a little less grand than they are made up to be (3 fighter wings attacking a carrier constitutes a major battle) and the enemy comes in convenient waves.. while the second game does have similar game mechanics, some of the larger battles can be quite intense - with multiple larger vessels, flak, anti-fighter beams and a dozen fighter wings at once. In comparison, The Homeworld series (for instance) is a lot more epic in this regard, but the story-arch of Freespace 1 and 2 does take the player on quite a ride. And it's one of the only space fighter simulators where I've felt like a small pawn in a huge war and not like the ultimate weapon of destruction.

Fortune favors the bald.

I finished 6 of the 8 chapters of Gray Matter, and so far it is the best adventure game to come out in years. It starts a bit slow and the story seems cookie-cutter at first, but just as I thought I had everything figured out, after three chapters the story really starts to twist and turn and now I really don't have an idea anymore how it's going to end.

Atmosphere & music are brilliant, and the voice-acting is very decent as well (especially the male protagonist). Puzzles aren't that easy for a modern adventure game either. Really nice work.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Np: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. So far pretty standard need for speed fare (underground or whachamacallit is the last one I've played, when I was in the army in 2004), but playing as the popos is fun. In fact, I preordered it the moment I saw the Bugatti Veyron cop car. Having now gotten to briefly drive it, I can say it was alone worth the price of admission. o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just finished Divinity 2 expansion - Flames of Vengeance.

No sure what made me go through it as that part of the new game edition is a mess.

I'll never understand what drove the developers to remove everything that showed promise in the original campaign.

AC: Brotherhood. Overpriced DLC.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I finished 6 of the 8 chapters of Gray Matter, and so far it is the best adventure game to come out in years. It starts a bit slow and the story seems cookie-cutter at first, but just as I thought I had everything figured out, after three chapters the story really starts to twist and turn and now I really don't have an idea anymore how it's going to end.

Atmosphere & music are brilliant, and the voice-acting is very decent as well (especially the male protagonist). Puzzles aren't that easy for a modern adventure game either. Really nice work.

Damn I have to play this game.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I traded in my Wii and got a Playstation Move for my daughter. She is only 3 and a half, and the Wii remote was always too confusing for her. The Move ice cream looking thing is much better designed for young people, it has one big button and then a trigger, and that controls most everything. It is also motion sensitive with the camera, so right now she is playing this eyepet game and she can chase it around without the controller. So far it looks like a pretty awesome setup, I picked up the Sly trilogy, so I'll try that later.

She does keep trying to take the pet to her bedroom though. I haven't quite explained that he is only in the TV.

Edited by Hurlshot

Civ V again for a bit more, but eh, might go back to Civ IV.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

She does keep trying to take the pet to her bedroom though. I haven't quite explained that he is only in the TV.

Time to get her a real pet before she cracks open the TV :lol: