What are you playing now

Pidesco

I went through there but didn't find any deathclaws. Walked along the tops of the hills and saw about a dozen Cazadors ahead of me so I run away. :)

Cazadors are nasty. I got my butt whooped by the young ones. They're just too fast.

Trying to shoot them off in real time is a huge pain in the ass, but they're so much easier with VATS it's practically cheating.

I still find them hella hard to deal with. Those big ones are pretty tough.

Of all things, WoW. 4 manned BWL with my friends - Chromag was a PITA, but we eventually got him down. Nef was a piece of cake. Gotta farm that for the Judgement set.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Vanquish, wow. Vanquish. Amazing game. Only played Act 1 so far! Such fast-paced gameplay. Constantly boosting in and out of cover, flanking enemies on every front, going ARS. Good stuff.

Also just started New Vegas. Enjoying it so far, but game isn't going to pick up properly until I can unlock the cannibal perk.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I like Ieyasu's attack chains better than Mitsunari's meself.

Out of all characters I played so far I think I dislike Ieyasu the most.

Now I'm finishing story paths with Oichi, she is a juggernaut :lol:

I will probably get DW6: Empires or DW: Strikeforce soon, I'm not sure which one to pick.

I like Ieyasu's attack chains better than Mitsunari's meself.

Out of all characters I played so far I think I dislike Ieyasu the most.

Now I'm finishing story paths with Oichi, she is a juggernaut :lol:

I will probably get DW6: Empires or DW: Strikeforce soon, I'm not sure which one to pick.

uh... neither? Both are horrible.

Ieyasu seems hard... until you figure out that one of his special abilities (R2 and square I think) you keep mashing square and it goes into a combo string until he's keeping 40 guys afloat with just his fists. Of course, i'll always have a soft spot for him because he gave me a 5k combo (Used his L2 hold ability as big as it could get, on probably 100 guys... and it knocked out a base commander at the same time).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, I did something similar. I ran into a sign saying, "Warning! Deathclaws up ahead" and naturally I went "Huh? Where?" and continued walking. Then I saw a claw swoop across the screen and my lifeless body being thrown against a rock.

I accidentally walked in to their territory, I was apparently distracted by something to miss the sign.. I turn around and discover that I'm being hunted by 3 of them - I only managed to survive by running for 10 minutes without looking back. I think I was shaking afterwards due to the adrenaline :D

Fortune favors the bald.

Running through my first playthrough of FONV .. a few hours here, a few hours there... although I haven't gotten any in today as of yet.. I'll have to figure out some way to cram it in somewhere...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm playing the "apply to college" game. THAT one could do with a crash or two, if you ask me.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Nearly finished with everything Borderlands. Well...still doing the 4th DLC, am a bit bored with collecting claptrap parts for Tannis. A new patch (1.4.1) will apparently be released soon that will increase the level cap again, up to level 69 for those who own the General Knoxx DLC, level 58 for those who don't.

Gonna take a break from Borderlands until the patch is out. My F:NV CE arrived in the mail today, am installing it now.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I've decided the fact I have to re-download the entire game every time I want to reinstall a game purchased via Steam sucks. Sure on fast connection even a game like FO:NV only takes an hour or two but that's just asinine. Especially when a game has techincal issues and you may want to (or need to) reinstall the game repeatedly. Which means I think next time I'll go back to buying the disc and just using Steam to verify.

Steam can kiss my arse. Sigh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

AFAIK Steam lets you make backups of all your purchased games. Just right-click on the game in your library and choose "Backup game files" :ermm:

EDIT: Haven't put much time into F:NV yet, but so far I'm liking what I see. It's strange switching gears from Borderlands, which I've been playing exclusively for the last little while.

Edited by mr insomniac

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

AFAIK Steam lets you make backups of all your purchased games. Just right-click on the game in your library and choose "Backup game files" :ermm:

That doesn't reinstall the game tho, does it? I mean, I can back up my save games on my own just fine. But if I want to DELETE/uninstall the game, you can't back up the installer, can you?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That doesn't reinstall the game tho, does it? I mean, I can back up my save games on my own just fine. But if I want to DELETE/uninstall the game, you can't back up the installer, can you?

Yes you can. As long as you have steam installed on your PC, you can re-install any games from disks. I've restored almost my entire library that way, after a HD crash.

Ok, so you back up all the fallout.exe files etc. which means you can restore them but is it truly a fresh install then? Am I making sense?

Okay, I believe you're talking about installs that haven't been updated yet? That I dunno about. But yes you can backup everything you need to re-install F:NV onto a blank disk(s), delete it, and then re-install it anytime you want from the disk.

Now that I think about it, when I re-installed Mass Effect, I did have to re-download and install the Bring Down the Sky DLC afterwards, even though I'm pretty sure - not 100% positive though - that it was already installed when I backed up the game.

EDIT: Okay here you go: Installing from a backup

At the very bottom of that page it says:

Once the installation is complete, Steam will make any necessary updates to your game. When Steam has finished updating the game, it will be ready to play.
So I guess you can assume from that it's a fresh install. Edited by mr insomniac

Ok...so maybe if I backup/make a disc when I first download it, so the backed up files are all new & shiny I'll feel comfortable. I'll try it.

But the auto-patching still annoys me, if the patches are what are why I'm crashing more often now then when I first installed it. :/ I think there might be ways around that too, but I'm still not clear as to how, exactly. Gar.

Ok...so maybe if I backup/make a disc when I first download it, so the backed up files are all new & shiny I'll feel comfortable. I'll try it.

But the auto-patching still annoys me, if the patches are what are why I'm crashing more often now then when I first installed it. :/ I think there might be ways around that too, but I'm still not clear as to how, exactly. Gar.

Right-click on the game in your steam library, choose properties, then the "updates" tab. You can set the game to "do not automatically update", and yes you can set that for a game that's not currently installed before you install it, because the game is attached to your account, not whether it's actually on your HD. It still appears on your library list :ermm:

If you really want to see how it all works, experiment with a small game, like World of Goo or Machinarium.

K...thanks. :ermm:

I'm never going to like Steam on principle or use it when I don't have to, but if those things work like (I think) they should, that'll go a long way to making me less annoyed when a game I really want insists on using it.

Ieyasu seems hard... until you figure out that one of his special abilities (R2 and square I think) you keep mashing square and it goes into a combo string until he's keeping 40 guys afloat with just his fists. Of course, i'll always have a soft spot for him because he gave me a 5k combo (Used his L2 hold ability as big as it could get, on probably 100 guys... and it knocked out a base commander at the same time).

In what way?

I know what you mean, nevertheless he didn't really amaze me. Ieyasu reminds me of Liu Bei as well.

Unlocked Nobunaga and kicked both Mitsunari's and Ieyasu's asses in the final stage. I have a feeling Nobunaga was shoehorned into the game as a playable character at the last moment.

Edited by Mera

In what way?

I know what you mean, nevertheless he didn't really amaze me. Ieyasu reminds me of Liu Bei as well.

Unlocked Nobunaga and kicked both Mitsunari's and Ieyasu's asses in the final stage. I have a feeling Nobunaga was shoehorned into the game as a playable character at the last moment.

Well, Strikeforce is an obvious port from the PSP. They didn't even try to change it to take more advantage of the PS3 hardware. So the game has loading screens a-plenty and doesn't look very good when put on a larger screen. As to DW6:E, well... unless you pick one of the "ruler" characters, you're basically playing an infinitely generated version of story mode as you're given instructions by your ruler about what to do and where to attack, rather than before where you did it all yourself.

Yeah, Nobunaga was definitely shoe-horned in simply to please the fanbase. I mean even by the games loose standards he's dead and buried at this point.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well, Strikeforce is an obvious port from the PSP. They didn't even try to change it to take more advantage of the PS3 hardware. So the game has loading screens a-plenty and doesn't look very good when put on a larger screen. As to DW6:E, well... unless you pick one of the "ruler" characters, you're basically playing an infinitely generated version of story mode as you're given instructions by your ruler about what to do and where to attack, rather than before where you did it all yourself.

Yeah, Nobunaga was definitely shoe-horned in simply to please the fanbase. I mean even by the games loose standards he's dead and buried at this point.

I think you are right. I tried to like the demo but it doesn't make a good impression with godawful aliasing and pop-in everywhere coupled with tiny maps. As for Empires, well I have got no problem with that and besides it's cheap. Still I wonder if it makes sense now with DW7 slated for March 2011 euro release.

Anyway in the end I got Nier. At first glance it looks ok, except some poor texture filtering and shadow map resolution. IIRC Nier was originally a X360 exclusive.