What are you playing now

Pidesco

For some reason, I'm getting hooked on Dawn of War 2.

Because of the way the game is designed, I keep forgetting my units. Everytime I send someone to retreat, there's a good chance they won't be seen again for 5 minutes.

:lol: And some of those fights are just flat out epic. Particularly given that you see marines literally slam through walls, look around hop up and shoot again.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Because of the way the game is designed, I keep forgetting my units. Everytime I send someone to retreat, there's a good chance they won't be seen again for 5 minutes.

Gotta remember to cap those points. They did a good job of making them fluff marines though, takes a lot to put down the NPC marines even. I didn't notice many sync kills other than Thule's and the rather awesome way the FC takes down a Warboss.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Gotta remember to cap those points. They did a good job of making them fluff marines though, takes a lot to put down the NPC marines even. I didn't notice many sync kills other than Thule's and the rather awesome way the FC takes down a Warboss.

I do cap those points. I was playing 3v3's last night. There's no point uncapped.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Playing through Dragon Age. As soon as I find another rogue, Leliana's gets the axe. Literally.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I'm hopping between World of WarCraft, Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening (PS3 version) and Vanquish, which I acquired today.

There seems to be some problem with my internet connection which makes my mains in World of WarCraft unplayable (as strange as it sounds!), so I've been playing around with an undead hunter. It's amazing how short it takes to level up your characters now. I started last weekend and I'm level 52 already. I guess my next character will be a goblin *something* or a holy cow, because I'm really, really enjoying the game as it is. It's so much more smooth out than what it was before.

I had to start over in Awakening because I realized I blew my only chance of getting Oghren, the only warrior, into my party for some reason. I haven't been playing it too much because World of WarCraft and school (damn mid-term exams) take away too much time that I could spend playing games. I have to admit that Awakening feels like a step backwards from Origins, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. Well, as soon as I finish off Awakening and the DLC I can finally start playing the PC version and gear up for Dragon Age 2!

I never planned on buying Vanquish, but I couldn't resist when I happened upon it in Bic Camera where it was being sold with a 60% discount. I haven't played it awefully much (tests, WoW), but I'm impressed with what I've seen thus far. Huge boss fights, mechs you can ride, loads of enemies, hectic action, power sliding, a bullet time system... you name it, it has everything (except for multiplayer). I can't wait to be able to put more time into it. It's also nice to see Sega putting all these different languages on the disc, I'm thrilled by being able to play it with Japanese menus, English text and German/Italian/French/whatever voice overs!

Edited by Vilhelm

I do cap those points. I was playing 3v3's last night. There's no point uncapped.

Ahh ok, thought they had a long retreat, wasn't realizing you just weren't paying attention to the units, my mistake.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played another 3v3 of Dawn of War 2. The rectangular desert 6p map where the bases are opposite each other the long way. Kept most of my Eldar troops around the power and resource node at the middle. There's a Chaos Predator skirmishing anyone I have elsewhere. Took out one my Falcon's before I could do anything. Next Falcon I get goes and hangs out where I saw the Predator last, because I am deathly afraid of that thing.

Suddenly the Predator and several Chaos troops teleport behind my guys in the middle. OH CRAP. GET THAT FALCON OVER THERE. I just know it'll kill all my guys. I end up sending two groups into retreat... but it never fires its main gun. So much panic over nothing.

Still playing Dragon Age. Found another rogue but you know... it's Zehvran. And he's awful at picking locks.

Guess the crazy bard chick is staying around then. -.-

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I need to get back to my Dragon Age playthrough, but so many discounts recently.

Still playing Dragon Age. Found another rogue but you know... it's Zehvran. And he's awful at picking locks.

Why pick locks in DA:O? They never contain anything of worth.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

And, of course, your STR-spammed uber-warrior is unable to bash open the smallest container either.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I finished Two Worlds 2 yesterday. Good game overall, but the ending is absolutely terrible. Reality Pump must've run out of time or something.

I can't agree more. Leveling your character and having such boss fight is frustrating (gameplay aspect) and the story ending is lame, too.

I figured this out way too late.

Although having an archer in the group has it's uses.

Mount & Blade: Warband - After touting the merits of this game to a couple people, I was sucked into a game of my own. I'm about 170 days into a game, and I've got a nice little chunk of land as a Lord in the Vaegir Kingdom. I've even got a wife. I just need to find a way to make more money though, I'm pretty poor.

When I get the chance, I'm going to start a game of warband. I've been pretty much preoccupied by World of Goo. I've got all the flags in chpts 1 and 2, but last night I was playing in chapter 3 and it has Satan's own OCD map. Basically, you need every goo in a map where the burning matchsticks give you a time limit. It's a pain in the ass. Anyhow, time to give it a rest for a while and try something else.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

That one is not so bad. Just don't think to much and learn the max distance a goo ball can be dragged and still stick and then just build something. You can make a plan when you're up high :D

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Mount & Blade: Warband - After touting the merits of this game to a couple people, I was sucked into a game of my own. I'm about 170 days into a game, and I've got a nice little chunk of land as a Lord in the Vaegir Kingdom. I've even got a wife. I just need to find a way to make more money though, I'm pretty poor.

There's some pretty intense trade routes you can take advantage of running a circuit. Unfortunately I don't remember the full details, but it basically involved starting in Swadia, heading to the... yellow guys (The Egyptian Faction....), then back through Khergit into Vaegir Kingdom, down to the Nords, back into Swadia. With a fast horse and good riding skill (and a small group) you can make the journey very, very quickly.

Plus, once you've gotten your hired NPCs into some kickass gear, that group can continue to beat up on guys for some great XP and good coin to boot. You can also attack the coastal pirates that frequently pop up around Vaegir and Nordic coasts. They often have heavy mail for equipment and it can be sold for decent cash.

Apart from a 5 minute nostalgia nip around with Deus Ex... I just haven't managed to get in the mood to play anything in weeks.

I haven't had any game oomph since I finished a run-through on FONV... :(

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So yeah I finished the Deep Roads. Kinda want to light the level designer's office on fire after that - even on easy the whole thing was just exhausting.

Overall I don't really like this game. The game world is ugly, and not the in the bad graphics kind-of-way, everything is just terrible and IMO uninteresting. It's very depressing, and the amount of blood (and the ridiculous blood splats on characters) makes everyone look like some sort of psychopath every time they have a conversation after a battle. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool effect - it just lasts too long and overall some dirt instead of blood (like when fighting golems for example) might have been nicer.

As for the animation... well anything out of combat is great. But every character takes ages to swing their weapons, which makes it look like there's no strength behind it. Dwarves all look terrible, elves look weird and the archdemon makes my blood boil every time it shows its stupid-looking teeth and breathes that Doom 1 looking purple fire. The game also continues Bioware's tradition of terribly filmed cutscenes - I mean, look at

. It's like they purposely zoom in on what looks bad in their game. I know, it's nitpicking but these moments really ruin the game for me. It's not a case of bad graphics, it's just terrible design. The darkspawn aren't a very interesting enemy either (Locust + Tolkien orcs, ugh) and I'm almost glad DA2 is going to be real-time - as long as they don't make it too much about button mashing.

The soundtrack is generic fantasy music except for one two segments that stood out a bit. I just play some other better soundtrack while I'm playing now.

Trying NBA 2k11, and I'm discovering just how arcane sports can be, especially American sports, if you've been out of the loop for a while (read: ever since you were 11). It's whole nostalgic play-as-Michael-Jordan thing is helping, but hell I know more players from '97 than I do now, and also all the jargon is driving me nuts.