Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Saw a young gecko hunting a radroach. I laughed.

Other than that I'm kinda putting it aside until there's some kind of fix to the framerate issue.

Make no mistake, it seems to be much better than Fallout 3 in pretty much every way, I thought.

Also it's unfair that some reviews are blaming some bugs that were present since Oblivion on Obsidian.

Edited by taviow

Saw a young gecko hunting a radroach. I laughed.

That's nice to hear. I hope there's more of that sort of natural ambience in the game, and more "natural" behavior of the wildlife.

Also it's unfair that some reviews are blaming some bugs that were present since Oblivion on Obsidian.

One could, of course, think that bugs that old should be seen to by now, but you're right, it's not overly fair. And I'm not a tech person so I'll just point my finger at Gamebryo.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

One could, of course, think that bugs that old should be seen to by now, but you're right, it's not overly fair. And I'm not a tech person so I'll just point my finger at Gamebryo.

It's absolutely true they should have been fixed by now, but since even Bethesda failed to fix them before... it's just not right to pin those on Obsidian.

Do Fallout 3 mods work on FNV? Cause I found a whole folder of em in my old FO3 files

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've heard it's related to the Steam cloud.

Steam Cloud and Nvidia Driver issues.

Anyone up for some more conspiracy disscusion ;)

Have yet to deal with any hickups with my Radeon HD 5770.

After the grief the 9800gt caused me; **** you nvidia. Never again

What the **** is wrong with a 9800gt? Great card for the price honestly.

OK: Caravan. Is there any way to select a card in your hand that isn't the one you just drew? This is driving me a little bit nuts. (EDIT: Figured it out) PC controls for the card game generally are extraordinarily annoying. (Using the arrow keys instead of the mouse? What is this, 1992??!)

Everything else has been fine so far. A bit of a slow start, but that's OK in my book. No stability issues for me yet (on an nvidia card).

Edited by Enoch

Isn't it just an 8800 g92 with more compatibility issues?

I love my 8800 gts g92. Has worked great for three years.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Isn't it just an 8800 g92 with more compatibility issues?

I love my 8800 gts g92. Has worked great for three years.

Yeah, and isn't the 9800gt, like, the exact same thing? The only thing that changes is the name. I never heard anything about "compatibility issues".

Edited by taviow

can't play due to freezing. finished the tutorial with sunny and am heading back to talk to trudy in goodsprings. freezes between the campfire where we makes healing powder and the saloon. no problems with other games.

it is a freaking xbox game, so am not sure what the problem might be. cleared the cache, but otherwise am not certain there is anything we can do... other than wait for a patch.

*shrug*

ain't THAT a kick in the head.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm still waiting for my order to be dispatched. Since bloody Sunday. Is the same true for other people who ordered from GAME.co.uk?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Two more days to wait and I have no idea why I am reading this thread still. Living on the edge.. of spoilers!

You can activate the steam version via VPN/proxy and play it now ;)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Two more days to wait and I have no idea why I am reading this thread still. Living on the edge.. of spoilers!

You can activate the steam version via VPN/proxy and play it now ;)

Well, I heard rumours that Josh needed a new bike so I took responsibility and ordered the Collector's Edition from Webhallen. I threw the dice, now I have to stand by it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!