Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Now I'm curious as to who "he" is.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Heya Calax,

The following was sent to me by Chris and with his permision, here is his reply!

Hey, Fionavar, Bethesda gave permission, please tell him "he" is outside a town called Nipton in the SW region of the map, and he's going to be difficult to miss along the critical path of the game. ;)

Please ask him to keep it hush-hush until the day of release, however.

Chris

with respect,

F

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

*highfive*

Congrats!

Heya Calax,

The following was sent to me by Chris and with his permision, here is his reply!

Hey, Fionavar, Bethesda gave permission, please tell him "he" is outside a town called Nipton in the SW region of the map, and he's going to be difficult to miss along the critical path of the game. ;)

Please ask him to keep it hush-hush until the day of release, however.

Chris

with respect,

F

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

*highfive*

Congrats!

Excuse me, but what is all this ?

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Didn't leave Goodsprings yet, did the Ringo quest with the battle in the end, however the game stuttered BADLY during that battle, which is pretty sad, especially considering it was just about 10 NPCs together at that time. Worries me. I have a 8800gt, surely it was supposed to be running better than this?

Other than that it's great. I really like it so far.

Playing on Very Hard + Hardcore.

Edited by taviow

Didn't leave Goodsprings yet, did the Ringo quest with the battle in the end, however the game stuttered BADLY during that battle, which is pretty sad, especially considering it was just about 10 NPCs together at that time. Worries me. I have a 8800gt, surely it was supposed to be running better than this?

Nvidia cards have problems. Try to turn the water multisampling down.

Nvidia cards have problems. Try to turn the water multisampling down.

Alright, thanks. I'll try it.

Also, "2" can't be used as a hotkey for weapons, can't for the life of me figure out why. Am I missing something really?

I think it's part of his prize for winning the fanfic contest.
There was a fanfic contest?

There was. I'd have to dig it up in the WOT board, but basically there were two contests, one was a caption contest, the other was a fanfic competition. Everyone's favorite hentai-loving kitty won the caption contest, I won the fic contest. Prizes were a shirt, signed copy of Storm of Zehir, and then I got to have my name inserted in game (which is the "he" being referred to here).

Found the final thread

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=51855

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Also, "2" can't be used as a hotkey for weapons, can't for the life of me figure out why. Am I missing something really?

Per the manual linked above:

Hotkeys

In the inventory menu, define hotkeys by holding one of the number keys (except the 2 key, which is used to switch ammo types)...

Per the manual linked above:

Hotkeys

In the inventory menu, define hotkeys by holding one of the number keys (except the 2 key, which is used to switch ammo types)...

Oh, thanks.

I wish it was "1", though. Would have made been better imo.

Also I just figured out the game performs exactly the same here (20-30fps, single digit during larger battles) with or without AA at 4x. Delightful.

Also, water multisampling on low didn't really do anything.

Edited by taviow

You couldn't remap the most useful keys in FO3 either, like the pipboy and such. Well you could, but it would revert after loading a game. I recommend a gaming mouse with lots of buttons you can assign to any key you like.

You would think full functionality of key remapping would be the worlds easiest job for the coders (not that I really know anything about it). Lots of games these days are just lazy about it.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Was it really that hard to top benthesda in storytelling?

For me the plot was the most important selling-point.

Most other reviewers praise the storytelling including Daniel Vavra. Lead Writer of Mafia 1+2

And the ones that don't praise it speak about FO3 as if it was a philosopical masterpiece.

Take notes, Bethesda.

I swear I read an interview where they stated they were doing just that, learning a lot from Obsidian.

A guy on a french forum just reported a weird bug on the PC version : apparently, the quicksaves and autosaves are erased after he exits the game, even if he makes a 'clean' exit. Nobody else got that problem?

EDIT : no relation, but he also says that Bethesda should put a lot more effort into the localization of its games. There is no coherency, the meaning of the sentences is sometimes inversed, and there are parts of the time entirely in german (yeah, that one is random).

I swear I read an interview where they stated they were doing just that, learning a lot from Obsidian.

Obsidian probably learned a lot too with that project (completely open-world game? Bethesda surely helped with that!) from Bethesda, so I wouldn't be surprised if it went also the opposite way.

Edited by Sannom

I've heard it's related to the Steam cloud.