Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

How are the difficulty settings? I want a good challenge, but I don't want to fight bullet sponges that just make the gameplay more tedious rather than fun. I'll play hardcore, but undecided re: normal vs hard. Though, difficulty levels apparently increase the food/sleep requirements.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Normal's really easy with level 6~7, 49 Guns, Trigger Discipline. I can basically snipe with iron sites and shoot dynamite in hands with VATS. With pistols.

I've not died, but I have reloaded saves to avoid limb crippling, which is a common problem. You might want to go hard for a challenge unless you have a weak build. My build isn't particularly strong, but I do put at least 3 points in guns every level.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A couple of inquiries:

1. Does the difficultysetting still affect the XP one gets in the odd Fallout 3 way?

2. Do the Stimpak effects stackup in HC-mode, or can one only take one at the time and wait until the healing is done until one can take the second?

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

They are definitely in. I've got a nearly crippled arm and leg to prove it. I'm still not sure how it happened.

I was attacked by a Powder Ganger, he came at me with dynamite, I VATS targetted the dynamite and am certain I missed. There was still an explosion as he was standing by a truck and died.

I moved forward a little and started hearing gunshots but could find no enemies. Then the truck exploded more and caught fire, injuring my limbs.

So something weird was going on there. Either the truck took damage (and I hit the dynamite), then exploded a little later from gunshots, or it had two degrees of explodeyness.

1. Read it doesn't.

2. Read they actually stack up.

Also not a mod.

1. That's good news.

2. Wouldn't know if that's good or bad. I kinda hoped it wouldn't stack up, but I haven't experienced the game yet, so...

Looks like Obs. has tried to take into account even the oddest sexual appeals.

Speaking of which, a day from release and the first "appetite mod" has emerged. Call me old fashioned, but that being the first thing I stumbled upon when I first entered F:NV Nexus gave me the creeps and not too flattering thoughts about where peoples priorities lay. :lol:

Edited by Undecaf

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Speaking of which, a day from release and the first "appetite mod" (NSFW) has emerged. Call me old fashioned, but that being the first thing I stumbled upon when I first entered F:NV Nexus gave me the creeps and not too flattering thoughts about where peoples priorities lay. :lol:

You're wrong. That was already up yesterday! :lol:

EDIT: I've also added a NSFW warning to your quote.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Speaking of which, a day from release and the first "appetite mod" has emerged. Call me old fashioned, but that being the first thing I stumbled upon when I first entered F:NV Nexus gave me the creeps and not too flattering thoughts about where peoples priorities lay. :lol:

You're wrong. That was already up yesterday! :lol:

Jesus Watermelonswollen Platypus Christ! :cat:

And here I thought... nevermind that, I'll just stop thinking when it comes to these things. :p

NSFW?

Edited by Undecaf

Never understood how people can find sexy those creepy doll-like things myself.

EDIT: Not Safe For Work. Common internet courtesy for those checking from work computers.

Neither do I. They're more scary than sexy.

@EDIT: Oh, ok. I'll keep that in mind.

Uh huh "I don't find it sexy, I just look for it and know the moment it gets put up."

And I bet you read Playboy for the articles.

Fallout New Vegas Patches Coming

Update: Patches are coming. Pete Hines, marketing man at Fallout studio Bethesda Softworks, tells Kotaku that "We are currently working on releasing patches/updates as quickly as possible for Fallout: New Vegas, for all platforms. Announcements regarding the patches are forthcoming." He advises anyone seeing this head-turning bug to re-verify their files on Steam, as the issue is due to a "corrupt mesh file." Also notable: The head-turning bug here was highlighted two days ago in a blog post by one of the game's producers, who identified it as a known bug that was "eradicated" prior to the game's official release.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=3480

Another huge fix:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1091897/d3d9.dll

Place this in Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\

Significant increase in performance on a few machines, including my own!

This file is also located in your Windows folder. Just search in there and when you find it, copy it into said directory.

EDIT: Guys, after applying all these previous tweaks in the .ini's and then replacing this file, I have zero problems. I just replayed the big fight at the end of the first town and played through the whole thing, 60+FPS.

Edited by funcroc

haha, yeah, I hit a few invisible walls myself, up north at the quarry. very frustrating.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Uh huh "I don't find it sexy, I just look for it and know the moment it gets put up."

It's a little difficult to not notice this stuff when you check the Nexus since.. it's basically half of the modding community output, and it was one of the first mods released for New Vegas. Seriously, it may actually have been the first full-fledged release.

I think it's part of his prize for winning the fanfic contest.
There was a fanfic contest?

There was. I'd have to dig it up in the WOT board, but basically there were two contests, one was a caption contest, the other was a fanfic competition. Everyone's favorite hentai-loving kitty won the caption contest, I won the fic contest. Prizes were a shirt, signed copy of Storm of Zehir, and then I got to have my name inserted in game (which is the "he" being referred to here).

Found the final thread

http://forums.obsidian.net/index.php?showtopic=51855

Oh riiight, I almost planned to read that, than didn't feel like it. :lol:

Gratz you two.

Edited by Oner

I'll have you know that when I subscribed to Playboy, I did, in fact, read the articles. That doesn't mean I didn't admire the pretty ladies, but there is actually decent literary material in there (unlike most 'guy' mags like Maxim and so forth).

And yes, patch is en route and will hopefully fix some of this wackiness.

I feel a disturbance in the force. It's as though a hundred devs simultaneously facepalmed, and then fell silent bc the nda is still in place.

twitter

Still don't have my copy. :lol:

Damn the internet.

I do... I know people. :)

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'll have you know that when I subscribed to Playboy, I did, in fact, read the articles. That doesn't mean I didn't admire the pretty ladies, but there is actually decent literary material in there (unlike most 'guy' mags like Maxim and so forth).

They don't make 'em like they used to. Both the articles and the photos. Playboy always used to have the best interviews.