Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

WHAT. (SFW Not Safe For Sanity)

Not resting causing the character to hallucinate?

I remember playing Might and Magic 6 and leaving the computer while forgetting to pause - when I returned all my characters had gone insane due to lack of sleep. Not sure what other games had similar mechanics.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

The review by biggest polish video games site gram.pl. Score: 9/10

The guy writes that it is better in every way than Bethesda creations. And that it is a true follow up to original classics.

He alsowrites that this game should be called Fallout 3 and not the one by Bethesda.

****, 2 days till friday. :D:D

Yeah, Friday here too. Nordics used to have the general release day on Thursdays, but more and more stuff seems to be coming out simultaneously on Fridays... AP and NV, for example (though ME2 was still a Thursday release here, IIRC).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

WHAT. (SFW Not Safe For Sanity)

The horror! The horror!

Okay, the image is in new vegas nexus, so it must be from a mod? Right? Right?! Please, somebody say thats from a mod, pretty please?

Plenty europeans are already playing it thanks to that method. Of course, I won't personally try it since I'm patient enough and since I'm far too paranoid about these things, but you can try if you want. Also, why are you complaining about 'spending money and I can't play it' if you got it on Steam? Release date was fairly clear there.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I played the game for a few hours (PC) and everything runs super smooth. It autodetected my 5870 and set everything to "ultra" and tbh, it looks good to me. Mind I dont have anything to compare it to but nothing is insulting my eyes. This is my first foray of any kind into the Fallout universe and with all this being new to me Im having a blast just wandering the areas scrounging through everything. I too saw the wildlife interacting with each other and there, just over the small hill, a running gun battle that I wasnt even involved in. I really like that the world does its own thing outside of my influence. Stopped playing last night after just rolling into Primm.

I think I screwed myself a bit on character creation. There was a screen that allowed the selection of two, I cant remember what they were called but some of the choices were "Good Natured" or "Small Frame", but it said on the top of the screen "choose two (or none)". I took the "or none" to mean I would be able to spend those points later but upon making level two I wasnt offered the opportunity. Oh well, going to play it out as is.

My game has shipped. Tuesday, maybe....

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think I screwed myself a bit on character creation. There was a screen that allowed the selection of two, I cant remember what they were called but some of the choices were "Good Natured" or "Small Frame", but it said on the top of the screen "choose two <whatever> (or none)". I took the "or none" to mean I would be able to spend those points later but upon making level two I wasnt offered the opportunity. Oh well, going to play it out as is.

Those were traits. You can only pick them at the beginning. They offer both bonuses and drawbacks.

Plenty europeans are already playing it thanks to that method. Of course, I won't personally try it since I'm patient enough and since I'm far too paranoid about these things, but you can try if you want. Also, why are you complaining about 'spending money and I can't play it' if you got it on Steam? Release date was fairly clear there.

Why, because I can.

Also how do you do that VPN thing.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Why, because I can.

Also how do you do that VPN thing.

Give me a couple of minutes, there were tutorials on Something Awful. I'll send you a PM when I find one.

man, it has never been harder to decide on my SPECIAL scores... I went with my standard F2 build, not sure how it's gonna play out. for this reason switched "hardcore" off to see how the game treats me. I'm definitely not touching VATS, "breaks the immersion" :lol:

the game looks old, very old. like, 10 years old. the locations are way too big (is there a way to run?). other than that it feels very good to be back.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

About Hardcore. Forget the need to sleep, drink, and eat. That part of it is borderline a joke on normal. I'm rarely over 100 points and haven't seen a penalty yet.

The thing to watch out for is that Stimpacks don't heal limbs. I thought it was just that stimpacks wouldn't recover fully damaged limbs. They don't recover any damage to limbs. This is a pretty big deal because you can be at full health and still have your head crippled. This is the true challenge of hardcore. Having to go scrounge up doctor's bags or doctors. Luckily the starting town has a doctor who'll take care of it for pretty cheap.

Spoiler alert: And is it just me or did

Nash

spill the beans about

Vincent

? He mentioned that a

cowboy robot that talks normally was responsible for the packages.

But

I apparently can't confront Vincent about this revelation.

(is there a way to run?).

Running is the default behavior, unless you're loaded down. Press Caps Lock.

Almost forgot! Where are some more bloody camp sites? I'm over at the dinosaur town and have only ever seen two back at Goodsprings. I need to cook stuff dag nabbit.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, the guy has good modelling skills. Just look at those pecs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."