Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Heh, that's just like Josh... He'll have been busting balls along with the rest of the team for months to hit the release date, and then he's still busting balls in the face of angry people complaining about bugs.

Basically I have deduced one thing here: J.E. Sawyer busts balls.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I pay no attention to the "metacritic score' but I do like it as a page to get a lot of review links. :lol:

Trying to swallow my aversion to Steam long enough to force myself to install it & buy the game. 'Cause I'd like to play the game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

An 85 metacritic score is very good. Everything (or almost everything) that gets above 80 on MC is worth playing.

This contradicts what you're regularly posting in the threads about Bioware games.

Boo has a job to do, dangit, and it's bigger than whether a game is good or not. He is the Anti-champion of Bioware!

Go, Boo, GO!

I have different criteria for Bioware. Its scaled according to how good their games could be, which actually measures how close they come to BGII, which they routinely fail to do - and then I conclude that they suck.

*puffs on his cigar*

...yeah

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

so, ugh, anyone else had that bug in the NCR Correctional Facility when you dress up like one of them, bribe the guard and enter it, but the guard then follows you inside and attacks, you kill him, but the rest of the NPCs stays non-hostile (seems that all of the named NPCs in the area become aware of your presence though and engage you at will)?

wohoho, ther's more! if you kill him outside (he becomes hostile as soon as you get close enough) and strip him, and THEN enter the facility, every guard in there will be naked. this is pretty strange

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

An 85 metacritic score is very good. Everything (or almost everything) that gets above 80 on MC is worth playing.

This contradicts what you're regularly posting in the threads about Bioware games.

Boo has a job to do, dangit, and it's bigger than whether a game is good or not. He is the Anti-champion of Bioware!

Go, Boo, GO!

I have different criteria for Bioware. Its scaled according to how good their games could be, which actually measures how close they come to BGII, which they routinely fail to do - and then I conclude that they suck.

*puffs on his cigar*

...yeah

LOL that is the best reply I have seen in awhile :lol: Made me LOL

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

can't read... would it be possible to re-post the text?

am honest curious to hear what is the response to the seeming numerous xbox bugs/glitches/freezes that peoples is having. pc game bugs is kinda expected, but this is the worst xbox 360 experience we has ever had.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I played FNV 8 hours on my Xbox today. Only one freeze. There are some glitches, but nothing FO3 didn't have. But I cleared the cache and installed the game on the harddrive. Don't know how much that helps.

This game is insanely huge, makes me panick.

Also it's been running great on a GTX260, barely any bugs. Game still looks like **** anyway, sorry if I can't stop noticing it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I am somewhere in that video :lol:

and so far people have told me "I shot you in the head" and "I watched a rad scorpion kill you"

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was surprised my several year old processor (admittedly a 3.0GHz dual core) with a cheapish to midrange card from this year is doing everything on ULTRA HIGH

and so far people have told me "I shot you in the head" and "I watched a rad scorpion kill you"

It's one of the Bighorners, right?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

do you mean Oliver, who won the "mother****ing lottery, man"? he actually was very helpful, as soon as I finished talking to him, he ran off right into the radscorions' nest and drove them away from me. saving my life :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So yeah, I run into a viper-cat-snake thing cave where a dozen of them two-shot me, then I run into deathclaws and then I run into legionnaires.

I'm level 6. My best weapon is the 9mm. These were short battles.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

do you mean Oliver, who won the "mother****ing lottery, man"? he actually was very helpful, as soon as I finished talking to him, he ran off right into the radscorions' nest and drove them away from me. saving my life :lol:

A-yup.

Scary part is he actually looks pretty close to me :p

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I hate that having a low weapons skill makes fights harder but having a low speech skill means you simply can't access some conversations.

How come in a single-player game, I'm still reminded that I ought to be min-maxing my stats?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

From the gamespot review. They listened main story isn't compelling

This latest trip into the desolate American landscape possesses many of the same elements that made Fallout 3 such a successful role-playing game, but its story doesn't boast as many memorable moments. The large-scale combat scenarios are less epic, and the surprises are less dramatic than Fallout 3's mid-game reverie.

This is it fellow friends . EPIC, DRAMATIC is the key to great, compelling writing.

From the gamespot review. They listened main story isn't compelling
This latest trip into the desolate American landscape possesses many of the same elements that made Fallout 3 such a successful role-playing game, but its story doesn't boast as many memorable moments. The large-scale combat scenarios are less epic, and the surprises are less dramatic than Fallout 3's mid-game reverie.

This is it fellow friends . EPIC, DRAMATIC is the key to great, compelling writing.

They are signs of attempts at writing.

It seems that for new vegas obsidian just didn't bother.

A story does not need to be EPIC to be great or compelling. It does need drama (conflict with emotional value) but it doesn't need to be DRAMATIC.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

A story does not need to be EPIC to be great or compelling. It does need drama (conflict with emotional value) but it doesn't need to be DRAMATIC.

I meant it ironic.^^

Personally, I like subtelty in my stories/video games more.

Edited by C2B

I meant it ironic.^^

Personally, I like subtelty in my stories/video games more.

Oops!

I think I botched my sarcasm detect roll. ;) Sorry.

"This game will unlock in approximately 23 hours". God damn it, I want it now.

I don't even get that.

I think we should form a secret tryst to find and slowly and painfully kill whoever is responsible for the European release date. We'd have to hurry though, if we don't get it done in the next 23 hrs we aren't gonna care anymore.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.