What are you playing now?

Darque

Vagrant Story wasn't easy? :x

maybe i was doing it wrong but i spent probably 60 hours on that game and was still getting owned by regular enemies in the later parts.

hitting end bosses for 3 damage.... not my idea of easy. I'm no rpg pro, but games like ff6 are easy as pie and vagrant story was hard as hell

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Vagrant Story wasn't easy? :x

maybe i was doing it wrong but i spent probably 60 hours on that game and was still getting owned by regular enemies in the later parts.

hitting end bosses for 3 damage.... not my idea of easy. I'm no rpg pro, but games like ff6 are easy as pie and vagrant story was hard as hell

Then you should try the Last Remnant, the only game where you could have 999999 HP and die. True story.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finished Wolfenstein. Was bored to tears - couldn't think of any reason to use other weapons than the two machine pistols and the Kar98, the "big guns" were gimmicky and didn't seem to do much. The Veil thing was fun enough, but general gameplay just didn't seem to cut it with basically three types of enemies: mooks, ultrafast close combat troops and superarmored heavy weapons troops - the fact that they came in a 2-3 skins each didn't much add to it.

Either RtCW was MUCH better, or I've just finally outgrown shooters.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

nope, the new wolfenstein was easy as pie... still waiting to see proper hard shooter that i had to play on other than the hardest difficulty on my 1st playthrough... and i am playing like 1 FPS every 2 years...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

nope, the new wolfenstein was easy as pie... still waiting to see proper hard shooter that i had to play on other than the hardest difficulty on my 1st playthrough... and i am playing like 1 FPS every 2 years...

I wasn't commenting on difficulty one way or the other (I don't play enough shooters to know what's going on), more on the gameplay and "story" progression - or lack of it. After Rogue Spear and Dark Corners of the Earth, I don't particularly crave for an extra challenge outside my work life, anyway. :shifty:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

as i said, i dont play much FPSs aswell, and believe me, if the game is little bit harder, you have less time to notice lack of gameplay and "story" progression - especialy in FPS games :ermm: in last 5 years i played only 4 FPS games... all of them on hardest difficulty, and 1 of them still felt so easy that it was boring :S

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Prototype.

And enjoying it far more than I thought I would

Yeah... You won't be in a few hours...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Tropico 3.. Sometimes, you just have to run a banana republic.. :ermm:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i beat uncharted 2 last night.

game is a THRILL RIDE!

tons of jaw dropping moments. downsides = the combat still feels like a chore you slog to on the way to the next crazy stunt-piece

tonight imma start on red dead... yippy ky-aye mother ****ers

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I finished Rise of the Argonauts (whose ending was a lame 10 second cutscene after another frustrating ending battle due to flip-flopping controls) and moved on to another hack 'n slash, Demon Stone. It's a pretty fun game, but there are a few major gripes I'm having with it.

There are three characters in the game one can control (fighter, wizard & rogue), but their AI is generally abysmal. Especially the wizard is moronic - he performs well at ranged, but as soon as one controls another character he immediately charges into melee, getting his behind handed to him. So basically one finds oneself switching characters every 10 seconds, to prevent them from screwing up. But somehow this is not so bad, in an unintended way it manages to capture the frenzy of melee combat. In a nutshell, it is Dragon Age on speed & without a pause button.

What really irks me though, is several sections in the game where one needs to defend the squishy wizard opening a portal or whatever, while endless hordes of enemies attack... or timed sections where one needs to take out a boss while infinite enemies spawn around the place. But a big plus in the game is the stealth gameplay, which is incredibly fun. Not to mention, the game probably has the best dragon fight of all time.

The game's story was apparently written by R.A. Salvatore, but is completely forgettable, almost non-existant... which is a shame since the characters have interesting backgrounds that are only minimally explored. Not to mention the game uses many interesting locations in Faerun, but does nothing with it save spawning hundreds of enemies that need to be slaughtered. The game flies by at break-neck speed, even for someone who isn't actually world champion in twitchy action games as myself.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

BG2 still

as much as i found ToB rather lacking as an expansion, i'm so thankful for Watcher's Keep

i'm trying out the Kivan mod, so going to WK and grabbing the Quiver of Plenty early on has been such a blessing :yucky:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Finished God of War.

I'm strangely... underwhelmed by the overall ending. Every boss fight is amazing and the story is good, but the ending in itself just doesn't feel... punctuated well enough.

I will say one thing though, they REALLY needed to get rid of some of Kratos horribleness, at least early on. It was getting to the point where I just couldn't stand to kill the gods I'm tossed at because I know that I'm gonna wipe people out. He's a brutal uncaring self-obcessed jackass, and what little empathy you got in the first two games (from him having a very obvious reason for revenge) is underplayed. I suppose this is, in part, because they're thinking that this is a direct follow up to GoW2 so you're supposed to keep the feelings from that game in your mind while playing this but you really can't because of the timing of the games.

Also, why did I have to kill posiedon... he was AWESOME! His first appearance (in the opening cutscene, so no spoilers here) has him nodding to zues and then leaping off olympus and skydiving into a titan and hitting the thing (who's a mountain in himself) so hard that it falls to it's death.

At about 3:40

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Does he kill all Olympian gods only? There are so many lesser deities in Greek mythologies that it would take 100 sequels to nail them all.

814155141_3dnYd-L.jpg

After that it's the Great Old Ones.

Edited by Purkake

I never finished the first GoW. Thought it was a terribly boring game.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I never finished the first GoW. Thought it was a terribly boring game.

Don't know about the first GoW, but about a year ago I played a little bit of the second game at my friend's house (which was fun), and I just watched the first 15 minutes (2 videos) of the third one. Looks like an epic interactive movie, can't say for sure without playing, of course...

Guess you don't like hack & slash...

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Still playing Eschalon: Book 2. I think it's funny. A board full of "tr00 roleplayers" whining 24/7 about how all games of today suck and everything was sooo much better 15 years ago when 2D ruled the realm (not by choice but by limitations.. a fact that the tr00 fans always seem to ignore). Then Eschalon is released. An homage to the 2D turn based games of old, and not a single soul on this board buys it. Despite it being excellent and presumably everything you whine about Fallout 3 (among others) missing.

Oh well. Guess it's more fun to whine than to actually support the few games that do come forth.

Anyhow, I gave up on my rogue build despite me nearing the end game (I think). It turned out the game is not balanced for a pure rogue build at all. For example, the regeneration rate of hitpoints is excruciatingly slow and there doesn't seem to be any equipment to mitigate this problem for a rogue (ring of regeneration, anyone?). That meant I had to waste skillpoints on Divination magic and attribute points on wisdom to get a healing spell. Also, darkness is a rogue's best friend.. or so I thought (I was actually building an assassin). Turns out that despite me wasting lots and lots of points in Moving Silently and Hide in Shadows, there's no point to it. There is no backstab skill or anything like that. You don't get any bonuses for attacking an enemy from behind. There's not even a bonus for attacking an unaware enemy! To top it all off.. you get a massive reduction to your ToHit stat if you can't see in darkness! Which rogues can't because a rogue doesn't have magic (Cat's Eye spell)..

To make a long story short: my majestic assassin turned into a crappy jack-of-all-trades, so I restarted the game and built a fighter instead.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still playing Eschalon: Book 2. I think it's funny. A board full of "tr00 roleplayers" whining 24/7 about how all games of today suck and everything was sooo much better 15 years ago when 2D ruled the realm (not by choice but by limitations.. a fact that the tr00 fans always seem to ignore). Then Eschalon is released. An homage to the 2D turn based games of old, and not a single soul on this board buys it. Despite it being excellent and presumably everything you whine about Fallout 3 (among others) missing.

Not this board, surely?

codexcry.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Does he kill all Olympian gods only? There are so many lesser deities in Greek mythologies that it would take 100 sequels to nail them all.

He kills a couple of heroes (Which is par for the course) And, of course, sleeps with Aphrodite. Still they should have spent more time making kratos seem a BIT sympathetic at the beginning of the game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Work that strawman over.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra