What are you playing now?

Darque

Does he kill all Olympian gods only? There are so many lesser deities in Greek mythologies that it would take 100 sequels to nail them all.

He kills a couple of heroes (Which is par for the course) And, of course, sleeps with Aphrodite. Still they should have spent more time making kratos seem a BIT sympathetic at the beginning of the game.

Why are you discussing the story? Just look at the gore wave your tongue and forget about the plot holes.

Ps.On GOW IV you tackle hindu mythology with over 100,000 deities to kill. Have fun.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I never finished the first GoW. Thought it was a terribly boring game.

Don't know about the first GoW, but about a year ago I played a little bit of the second game at my friend's house (which was fun), and I just watched the first 15 minutes (2 videos) of the third one. Looks like an epic interactive movie, can't say for sure without playing, of course...

Guess you don't like hack & slash...

I love Hack & Slash games, to be honest. But GoW just...I mean I love games in greek mythology, I love bashing buttons. I'm not so keen on jump puzzles, but overall I SHOULD have like GoW. But I never felt involved and after the novelty of the gore and nudity it was like...no reason to keep playing.

Does he kill all Olympian gods only? There are so many lesser deities in Greek mythologies that it would take 100 sequels to nail them all.

He kills a couple of heroes (Which is par for the course) And, of course, sleeps with Aphrodite. Still they should have spent more time making kratos seem a BIT sympathetic at the beginning of the game.

Why are you discussing the story? Just look at the gore wave your tongue and forget about the plot holes.

Ps.On GOW IV you tackle hindu mythology with over 100,000 deities to kill. Have fun.

After he killed them, wouldn't they just reincarnate?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

More like Kratos vs Nyathrotep.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

:thumbsup: I forgot that Hindu life is an endless loop.

Seriously though there is still a lot of Chtonic deities, primordial deities and personified concepts to murder and bang. The first 3 games just skimmed over the vastness that is Greek mythology. Plus the ending of the 3 left a lot open to interpretation and a possible comeback.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

:thumbsup: I forgot that Hindu life is an endless loop.

Seriously though there is still a lot of Chtonic deities, primordial deities and personified concepts to murder and bang. The first 3 games just skimmed over the vastness that is Greek mythology. Plus the ending of the 3 left a lot open to interpretation and a possible comeback.

I know that some people have been saying "forget the story and character, enjoy the brutality!" but here's the thing, I can't enjoy it unless I feel that these people deserve what's coming to them. I finally started to connect when Pandora showed up in a meaningful way... but meh

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, Kratos was a jackass. He passed badass very quickly, and went straight to the category of "would be the villain in most other games." That's not a bad thing in and of itself, but they take it to extremes. For instance, when he literally

rips Helios' head off

. That's just cruel.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I know that some people have been saying "forget the story and character, enjoy the brutality!" but here's the thing, I can't enjoy it unless I feel that these people deserve what's coming to them. I finally started to connect when Pandora showed up in a meaningful way... but meh

You need to step up on the psychotic ladder, just don't get to where LoF is. No coming back! :thumbsup:

village_idiot.gif

Having a little replay of Prototype... a little bit of gore and violence can go a long way in the right mood.. :thumbsup:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wait... in a battle or the bedroom? ;)

Ack! I was thinking of that other multi-armed hindu goddess... I don't think Kratos swings that way.

You mean Kali because Shiva is a man. :thumbsup:

village_idiot.gif

Wait... in a battle or the bedroom? :-

Ack! I was thinking of that other multi-armed hindu goddess... I don't think Kratos swings that way.

You mean Kali because Shiva is a man. :shifty:

You mean Shaak-ti?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm playing through Fallout 3 for the first time. I've had that game for about a year now, but I never actually bothered playing it through. And guess what? I'm actually enjoying it. Sure, the writing is mediocre, and most of the characters are dull, and as for the combat system, the game isn't quite sure if its a first-person shooter or an auto-aim shooter with pause (VATS), but the exploration element makes up for it. I find myself enjoying the game when I come upon a group of hunters fighting raiders and things like that.

I've also been thinking about playing Grand Theft Auto IV for the first time, but I guess it will have to wait until I've finished Alpha Protocol (it's so close I can smell it!), but since I can't afford buying Red Dead Redemption right away I will make up for it with GTA4.

I just started GTAIV and it's exactly what you'd expect(shocker!!).

Also, playing a bit of Metro 2033 after getting bored out of the beginning stages of Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Metro 2033 has damn fine atmosphere so far.

Guess you don't like hack & slash...

I love Hack & Slash games, to be honest. But GoW just...

Then maybe you should check out the other GoW series... :shifty:

(Gears of War)

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

You mean Kali because Shiva is a man. :shifty:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You mean Kali because Shiva is a man. :-

I think a lot of the Hindu deities get portrayed as multi-armed; I've seen four armed pictures of Saraswati and of Lakshmi, and Mahu Saraswati represented with 8 arms. I think it usually represents the deities connection with other deities who represent different aspects (or incarnations?) of the same being.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Still playing Dragon Age, finished the Circle, Dalish Elves, the first part of Redcliffe and Orzammar so far. I think Orzammar and the Deep Roads is both the best and some of the worst of the game. The Orzammar lore is really interesting stuff, and the city looks great visually. The Deep Roads problem is that there is just sooo much filler combat in there. But on the other hand, there is a wonderful sense that you're really heading deeper and deeper down into the bowels of Ferelden. The atmosphere is great, but the gameplay becomes a real slog.

Still utterly convinced that this is Bioware's best game to date.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Still playing Dragon Age, finished the Circle, Dalish Elves, the first part of Redcliffe and Orzammar so far. I think Orzammar and the Deep Roads is both the best and some of the worst of the game. The Orzammar lore is really interesting stuff, and the city looks great visually. The Deep Roads problem is that there is just sooo much filler combat in there. But on the other hand, there is a wonderful sense that you're really heading deeper and deeper down into the bowels of Ferelden. The atmosphere is great, but the gameplay becomes a real slog.

Still utterly convinced that this is Bioware's best game to date.

I don't disagree about Orzammar and the Deep Roads being a grind. The atmosphere is a positive, but the bigger plus to me is that it has the best setpiece boss fights in the game. The casteless gang leader, the spider queen, the broodmother, and the fight at the anvil were all great fun.

I could always understand the deep roads grind fest from a story perspective.. you were headed into the area where hordes of the bad guys lurk, grow and constantly threaten.. it makes sense that as you get deeper you'd be constantly battling them...

But from a game perspective..it did get quite annoying as grindfests go.. The swings and balance of story vs gameplay...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I could always understand the deep roads grind fest from a story perspective.. you were headed into the area where hordes of the bad guys lurk, grow and constantly threaten.. it makes sense that as you get deeper you'd be constantly battling them...

But from a game perspective..it did get quite annoying as grindfests go.. The swings and balance of story vs gameplay...

I didn't mind it, after all that talking a pure dungeon crawling felt good, but it could have been more varied.

Then again, I spent most of my time there running around like an idiot trying not to miss any quest items.

The Knoxx DLC for Borderlands is pretty funny at times, sticks with the overall goofiness of the game. Shank has some amusing lines, Knoxx's logs and the "Engorge" ads (when they turn up in the middle of a firefight), for example.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't disagree about Orzammar and the Deep Roads being a grind. The atmosphere is a positive, but the bigger plus to me is that it has the best setpiece boss fights in the game. The casteless gang leader, the spider queen, the broodmother, and the fight at the anvil were all great fun.

Yeah, that's a good point. The boss fights are well designed for sure, just all that stuff in between.

Closing in on the end. Just managed to beat the Howe guards (when you've rescued Anora) for the first time. Don't really like it though. That fight is the one fight in this game that just feels artificially challenging. And it didn't even feel like I got rewarded for beating it (contrary to when you're defeated, you get a whole sidequest to finish).

I really love the politics and that stuff in the game. It's so much more interesting than the darkspawn plot. Some of the choices are just delicious.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0