What are you playing now?

Darque

Who gives a damn? I had a great time. Mission accomplished.

Good for you, then. But for a lot of people, probably the ones that followed the hype and were disappointed, that's not enough.

I'm playing Pokemon Blue (it's a nostalgia thing o:)) and I also finally caved in and bought Metal Gear Solid 4.

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Good for you, then. But for a lot of people, probably the ones that followed the hype and were disappointed, that's not enough.

I'm playing Pokemon Blue (it's a nostalgia thing o:)) and I also finally caved in and bought Metal Gear Solid 4.

So you're prepared to 'play' 25 hours of cutscene and 5 of gameplay?

Had to pull out my copy of Blue since you mentioned it. The last save file I played had a grand total of 8 Pokedex entries and three of those were Charmander+evolved states. I was going through the entire game, only using Charmander to fight. I had 5 badges and a level 53 Charizard. Currently sitting on Cinnabar Island.

I'm playing Pokemon Blue (it's a nostalgia thing :)) and I also finally caved in and bought Metal Gear Solid 4.

Actually it's more like 50/50 in terms of gameplay to cutscene ratio... I actually tested it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm playing Pokemon Blue (it's a nostalgia thing :)) and I also finally caved in and bought Metal Gear Solid 4.

Actually it's more like 50/50 in terms of gameplay to cutscene ratio... I actually tested it.

I don't mind the cutscenes, and you can skip them all anyway.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Well, it's worth sitting through all of them once. Not the Codec descriptions of the Beauty & Beast unit... while sad stories they tell you nothing about the games plot overall. But most of the actual cutscenes are pretty nice.

Don't know, I watched one of my friends playing it with a couple of other friends (strange way to pass time, but anyway we weren't doing anything particular and he had brought his PS3 so why not?) and really, the briefing about the mission was as long as the mission itself.

Also, the new character didn't strike me as particularly impressive but I didn't play the game in its entirety so maybe it's just prejudice on my part.

Seemed like a fun game, though as far as gameplay goes, I still believe Metal Gear Solid 3 to be the superior game (again, considering I don't have MGS4 probably just prejudice..) with all that layer of gameplay added by the jungle/survival elements.

I also feel the MSG3 was superior. The controls on 4 are better and the weapons variety and the actual chance to use them on battle (a first on the series :)) will carry you on. Plus for fans of the first game there is no greatest moment than walking on Shadow Moses again, great moment.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I also feel the MSG3 was superior. The controls on 4 are better and the weapons variety and the actual chance to use them on battle (a first on the series :brows:) will carry you on. Plus for fans of the first game there is no greatest moment than walking on Shadow Moses again, great moment.

Playing The Sith Lords with the TSL restored content mod. So far I can't tell what was added, since its been years since I played the game last, but its been fun so far.

I also felt MSG3 was far superior, just because there was more game to it. MGS4 felt more like a series of cutscenes with moments of gameplay mixed in. 4 was still great, I think I enjoyed more for the nostalgic moments from previous games as you mentioned.

So I'm in Shalebridge Cradle, reading the note on the lady with the baby ashes. 5 seconds later my mom's phone rings.

Her ringtone is a laughing baby.

Can't remember the scene you described, but scary nevertheless... :ermm:

I wonder if we'll get another Thief game.

---

Currently I have Fallout 3 DLC's on indefinite hold, enjoying Bad Company 2 and Team Fortress 2 whenever I got the time.

With Portal 2 and (hopefully) Half-Life 2 Episode Three closing in, The Orange Box was a GREAT buy. -_-

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

So I'm in Shalebridge Cradle, reading the note on the lady with the baby ashes. 5 seconds later my mom's phone rings.

Her ringtone is a laughing baby.

Can't remember the scene you described, but scary nevertheless... -_-

Not much, just a note lying around containing basic evaluation of the patient.

And a baby cry after you're done reading it.

I wonder if we'll get another Thief game.
http://thief.wikia.com/wiki/THI4F

I also feel the MSG3 was superior. The controls on 4 are better and the weapons variety and the actual chance to use them on battle (a first on the series -_-) will carry you on. Plus for fans of the first game there is no greatest moment than walking on Shadow Moses again, great moment.

Playing The Sith Lords with the TSL restored content mod. So far I can't tell what was added, since its been years since I played the game last, but its been fun so far.

I also felt MSG3 was far superior, just because there was more game to it. MGS4 felt more like a series of cutscenes with moments of gameplay mixed in. 4 was still great, I think I enjoyed more for the nostalgic moments from previous games as you mentioned.

4 was a game designed to tie up EVERYTHING previously done in the series. Thus they had to have a HUGE amount of story to tie everything up. I'm not saying it was the best game in the series (I personally view that as MGS2) but it wasn't an all out terrible game, or as bad about cutscenes as people made it to seem.

barely had time for games lately, but i have the day off tomorrow and i'm going to be completely antisocial and stay at home and finish games i started a long time ago

NWN2 - last thing i remember was some glitchy dialogue popped up about going to see some dragon. But the location never got added to my map or anything

Dragon Age - at the Mages Tower fighting in some dream world i think

Rome: Total War - need to finish my campaign against the egyptians

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!