What you did today

Gorth

I wouldn't be ashamed of standing up for your principles, Gorgon. I admire it. I've never been a Greenpeace fan, but, damn it, I am a fan of folks who stand for something. If it's murder, we'll have imprison or kill them, of course. hahaha

I did my bit for the environment. I planted my second friend in as many weeks.

went to class and learned about juvenile justice system. And in particular juvenile convicted killers (four cases were presented in the video I saw).

Am now depressed as all hell.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I increased my monthly donation to Amnesty International from 5

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I did my bit for the environment. I planted my second friend in as many weeks.

Wait, what?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I did a little gardening so I could surreptitiously glance at the handsome neighbor working on his car ... what?

Hubby didn't pass his vehicle smog test for the first time since acquiring the van 12 years ago. Bummer.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ah I see, once the husband fails on the car check, hit on the neighbour doing better work on his car... :)

Passed an examn today, while not with flying colours, it was sufficient. A little more pressure lifted off me :p

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

I went to the doctor again today. I have seen more doctors more times in the first five months of this year than in my whole life before this. I think physically I'm as good as I'm going to get. I've lost a lot of strength in my arms and legs and walking for too long just hurts. It's an amazing thing. Somewhere someone you have never met makes a stupid decision that does not involve you at all and the consequences of that decision ends their life and nearly ends yours. And radically affects everything that comes after. Absolutely and completely random. If I had been held up by just one stoplight or missed one I did stop at my whole life would have turned out differently. Fate can change course on the matter of a few seconds.

The lawyer agreed on a settlement for the accident. Its just got me thinking about what the monetary value of someone's life is.

It just sucks. The whole thing just f**king sucks.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The long term effects have got to be the worst GD, I'm really sorry to hear that you can't make a complete recovery. Are there going to be any other things that'll knock you over later on?

I hope it doesn't affect your new job (how is that?) and such.

Yeah, commiserations for all it's worth, GD. My grandfather told me that was the hardest thing about beinga soldier, knowing some bugger totally unconnected to you cough cough while loading a mortar and the shell hits you when it might have missed. Not much comfort, I know. :thumbsup: On the plus side your impaired mobility may save you from something even worse down the line.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

yesterday i got to catch up with a friend i haven't seen in months and months

then went out for my usual wednesday night drinks with heaps of friends and finally met this girl a friend went to austria for. impressions i'd gotten from her online and stuff made her seem a bit too high strung and touchy, but meeting her in person she seemed really cool and relaxed. hopefully she likes it here in nz and stays :)

only one kinda down side to the night was my ex turning up and at one point telling me she loved me :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Some of my teachers think I need anger management.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Why don't I just throw heavy objects around the room while I'm at it. Wait... That's part of the reason they think I need it.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I got 2 out of basic phonetics.

Well, excuse me for not reading the IPA chart like Magna Carta. Or giving a heck over what labiodental friction means. Subglottal pressure lol

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Some of my teachers think I need anger management.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqj2DnPxWFs

-Elwood Blues

I got 2 out of basic phonetics.

Well, excuse me for not reading the IPA chart like Magna Carta. Or giving a heck over what labiodental friction means. Subglottal pressure lol

No one uses that crap to learn pronunciation, it's completely pointless except if you are writing about language academically or some such.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

@GuardDog - Hugs. The randomness of fate is definitely the pits sometimes. Just remember to try and focus on the positives - you can walk and you're still alive, and you've got places like this to vent during the bad days. I hope you're feeling a little better today.

Today: Learning that being the only child currently living very close (and doesn't work...) to a now-alone parent means getting a lot of visits. I enjoy them, and I'm trying very hard to be supportive and good company, because I worry about her being alone etc. but I'm also not used to it (the frequent visits) and I'm very tired.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think physically I'm as good as I'm going to get. I've lost a lot of strength in my arms and legs and walking for too long just hurts.

hang in there and keep at the therapy. you may improve over time more than you think. it takes a loooong time for atrophied muscles with injuries to recover.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I think physically I'm as good as I'm going to get. I've lost a lot of strength in my arms and legs and walking for too long just hurts.

hang in there and keep at the therapy. you may improve over time more than you think. it takes a loooong time for atrophied muscles with injuries to recover.

taks

Seconded. Keep the faith!

The human body is capable of some amazing recoveries, medical science be damned.

The human body is capable of some amazing recoveries, medical science be damned.

my ski buddy was told he'd probably never ski on anything other than a green ever again after his knee was shattered. i learned from him, essentially, as he was first getting back into skiing. he's doing powder in the bowls now, bumps, and just about every other extreme skiing other than cliffs. i can no longer keep up with him - his knee healed faster than i learned how to ski faster.

taks

comrade taks... just because.