What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Nothing much. Slept late. Going to do some work that didn't get done during the week. Way to spend a Sunday :wacky:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

still sore from last night

had a quiet night at home and found a dumbell while searching for a new book to read

my poor scrawny arms are not used to such effort - i can't actually remember the last time i had a workout :ermm:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

The lady at the front desk at the gym I go to had the audacity to ask me to bring a freakin towel with me next time. Excuse me? Excuse me *****? I will crush your freakin face if you ever, ever disgrace me like that ever again. All my towels are extra starchy, extra, extra starchy. :'(

But seriously it's like what the hell? I mean I'm a sweaty man, a very sweaty man but it's not like I get on the bench with my shirt soaked through. Not to mention its just one more thing I need to bring. The old gym I used to go to it's like I brought my membership card with me and that was it. This one its like membership card, license, towel, liquid condoms. I'm not going to the god damn beach damnit I don't want to have to carry all this crap with me. Pisses me off.

In other news I finished and compared my project with my accounting group friend and it seems like I could pull out of this one real nice like. Now all I need to do is jump ahead in two of my other classes and prepare for a few exams. Yaaay.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well, I just finished Day Three without any pop or caffeine. 3 days pop and caffeine free. That is somewhat of an accomplishment since where I work at I get free pop whenever I want it.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Dreamt all morning about trying to pick up Tory Foster from BSG. Woke up and and just then a friend of mine said "hello". Apparently I had slept with the front door ajar. very odd.

Went out for our regular sunday coffee, ate a semla. Went home and spend the afternoon doing nothing at all. Wrote in this thread for the first time ever.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well done, Sando. I ate a whole bag of sweets today, because I had to walk my friend's dog, and I needed a reward.

Hungover today mainly. Rang my mom for mother's day, and found that my brother is still being a ****. He actually marched up bedside and started laying into her about being a bad mother. She's freaking paralysed from the waist down now. What a total ****.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

And if she was a bad mother? I'd say that to mine if she was dying and asked anything in that direction, everything else would be hypocrisy, woulnd't it?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

And if she was a bad mother? I'd say that to mine if she was dying and asked anything in that direction, everything else would be hypocrisy, woulnd't it?

Since I am not talking to my brother with rage and indignation I won't aim it at you. :)

Your view clearly chimes with his. My response is that honesty does not excuse everything. There's a time and a palce. I don't care what happened to you, unless you're talking to Josef Fritzl you don't shout at someone who's an invalid. It's pathetic.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The lady at the front desk at the gym I go to had the audacity to ask me to bring a freakin towel with me next time.

gyms are like that these days. The first time I went to a gym a couple of years ago, I noticed everyone carrying a towel and was wondering why. Then I noticed people putting towels on the equipment and them lying on the towels so their sweat doesn't get on the equipment so other people could use the equipment after them and thought... duh!. I realy felt like the odd one out, so at the time I just used equipment where I didn't have to sit/lie down on.

I guess if you see some sweaty guy not using a towel and sitting/laying on equipment with their sweat soiling the equipment and wanting to use the equipment after them, it's quite a turn off.

Today I finished painting the apartment I'm moving into soon, and thank god for that. I don't have anything against physical work at all, but unfortunately it's just something I really suck at. I'm always approaching things from the right angle it seems, and then a more able person comes along and say "er, shouldn't you do it like *this*?". Then I get very embarrassed and feel very stupid. :)

Still, a great success all in all. It's actually quite a nice place and a huge step up from the craphole I'm currently living in. Main problem is that it's quite close to the local church, which likely means that I'll be awoken by church bells on those hung-over Sunday mornings...

Tried to get some work done on my NWN2 mod, but it didn't work well today. To many other things going for me to focus on it at the moment.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

You don't have to lay on the towel! You just wipe down the kit after you've used it. Seems pretty sensible to me. But then I hate gyms full stop. I like the fancy kit, but I hate the atmosphere of narcissistic/atavistic frenzy.

-Elwood Blues

getting frustrated with everyone at work being so dull and morose all the time, therefore im gonna put on My Sharona and dance like an idiot

should get a reaction of some sort dammit :)

getting frustrated with everyone at work being so dull and morose all the time, therefore im gonna put on My Sharona and dance like an idiot

Sometimes I get the feeling that you are working for a coffin store or a funeral company?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Sometimes I get the feeling that you are working for a coffin store or a funeral company?

worse - telecommunications :o

The lady at the front desk at the gym I go to had the audacity to ask me to bring a freakin towel with me next time.

gyms are like that these days. The first time I went to a gym a couple of years ago, I noticed everyone carrying a towel and was wondering why. Then I noticed people putting towels on the equipment and them lying on the towels so their sweat doesn't get on the equipment so other people could use the equipment after them and thought... duh!. I realy felt like the odd one out, so at the time I just used equipment where I didn't have to sit/lie down on.

I guess if you see some sweaty guy not using a towel and sitting/laying on equipment with their sweat soiling the equipment and wanting to use the equipment after them, it's quite a turn off.

Honestly, neither of you two have been to a gym where there's spray bottles and small towels? I find that odd. Even the crappier gyms in my town have those. The franchise gym I'm at now has them on every other piece of equipment.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

My ****ing XBox broke. Now I have two dead consoles and a PS3. Goddamnit it, now I need to play old DnD RPGs.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Honestly, neither of you two have been to a gym where there's spray bottles and small towels? I find that odd. Even the crappier gyms in my town have those. The franchise gym I'm at now has them on every other piece of equipment.

No, been to a few gyms and never heard of spray bottles and small towels. Sounds like a lot of hard work to have to clean up after you. I find it easier to sit/lay on the towel when I use the equipment.

Yeah I go to 24 hour fitness and before that was a large local gym and they didn't have anything like that either. Well the local gym at the front desk you could ask for one and if the person was nice enough they'd fork one over. It's not that I don't understand the concept, I used to wrestle, so I definitely know the fear of getting ring worm or some other infection from some dudes groinal sweat on the beck of your neck but this is like a how dare you type thing. I'm a man and as such I can do whatever I damn please. But seriously I guess it's more of a personal wtf I don't care becuase I'm naive and don't expect the homeless to be using the equipment. You don't even have to worry about any of that stuff as long the place is well maintained, ie they get off their fat asses and wipe down all the machines with a cleaning solution once a day when things aren't busy. Not to mention a towel isn't going to do crap. It absorbs sweat, which isn't the same as preventing the spread of infectious disease.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Dude, other people's sweat is disgusting. So you clean up after yourself. What exactly is the issue? :) Of course it should be a requirement in every gym.

Well, I just finished Day Three without any pop or caffeine. 3 days pop and caffeine free. That is somewhat of an accomplishment since where I work at I get free pop whenever I want it.

Awesome. I know a lot of folks who drop 20-30 pounds just by cutting out soda. I recommend a natural juice drink. It has enough sugar to get you going, but it's real fruit sugar so it is way better for your health. I drink a Crystal Geyser Juice Squeeze almost every day at work, they are very good.

:)

Awesome. I know a lot of folks who drop 20-30 pounds just by cutting out soda. I recommend a natural juice drink. It has enough sugar to get you going, but it's real fruit sugar so it is way better for your health. I drink a Crystal Geyser Juice Squeeze almost every day at work, they are very good.

:)

Wow. I hate you Hurl. I only get juice squeezes like once every 5 or 6 months when I get my mom to go to Trader Joes and I usually end up hoarding them and drinking like 2 cases within 3 or 4 days because they are so delicious and wonderful. What I'd do for a nice frigid cold Wild Berry. :'(

Probably my favorite drink ever created besides original snapple.

Dude, other people's sweat is disgusting. So you clean up after yourself. What exactly is the issue? :) Of course it should be a requirement in every gym.

Hum, maybe it comes from me not ever been to REAL uni-sex gym, and let alone to any gym in the last 10 years, but i find the whole "other people have been here, it is sweaty, yuck, yuck"-hapoola very metrosexual and silly. I am not talking about skipping basic personal hygiene, like showering before entering the pool or showing after lifting weights, i am pointing out that sweat is somehow icky now. What's next, men shaving their armpits in order to look good on the gym/beach? Pancies.

No wonder that we have a generation of kids being allergic to almost any pet and having astma to boot. It is because of their parents being the worst fruitcakes of them all, destroying them emotionally and damaging their immune system as well.

Whops, i went over the top with the rambling, sorry that you had to read all that.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't think it's going overboard to expect people to clean up after themselves in the gym though. The sweat, the body/facial hair, the dirt, the dead skin...

I don't think it's going overboard to expect people to clean up after themselves in the gym though. The sweat, the body/facial hair, the dirt, the dead skin...

I guess i am the dirty bastard then. Cheers!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I went to a news website, made a few arguably distasteful remarks about the two plane crashes that happened yesterday looking for any reactions. Basically trolling, and did manage to get a bite with someone replying to my post with "Classy comment from a tasteless git!!!". Ah, so satisfying. My work is done. :)