What you did today

Gorth

I've routed my 18-day summer RV trip. We are going to start in California, and then move through Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, then back home. We are stopping in Flagstaff, Mesa Verde, Salt Lake City, and Virginia City.

coming through CO on hwy 70? when will you be in CO?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I'll be in the Mesa Verde area from July 6th-10th tentatively. I'm not sure what Highway that is around. Basically I printed out the Trail of the Ancients Byway, which goes through a bunch of American Indian places of interest, and we are going to use it to explore. It should be awesome. I think I'm going to choose one place to park the RV and rent a car for a few days, since most of the neat areas seem to be relatively close together. I'm still ironing out the details.

How close are you to that area? We could do an Obsidian BBQ!

Ariste, I avoid Vegas at all costs :(

Aw, that's just mean! Las Vegas has some wonderful places around it. It's not all the strip, ya know!

Seriously, sounds like a kick ass trip, man. Have fun.

No Vegas is pretty crappy. Not as bad as Miami but then again that's like comparing warm milk to getting stabbed to near death in Angola and left to die from your wounds, the ravages of the elements and various night critters. Horrible place.

Supposed to be 100 degrees by the end of the week. Fantastic.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

My issue with Vegas is that it models itself after the most famous places in the world (or fiction, I suppose.) Paris, Venice, Arabian nights, Camelot...

All it really does is make me want to explore those places. I'm also not a fan of gambling, which is a pretty big buzz killer there. Oh, and I'm a cheapskate.

The food is pretty awesome though!

An Obsidian Forum BBQ would be one of two internet-meeting type things I would actually make an effort to go to. I don't know what the results of such would be, but at the least I bet it'd be memorable. :(

And ... uh ... seemed like I was going to type something else about "my day" or something, but now I've forgotten what it was. Um ... I had a really good pastrami sandwich, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Have it in 2011 and I can go. :(

I'm 90% honed in on the strategy of doing an MA here then a PhD in the U.S. now. Kinda sucks since I could actually do a PhD straight away, but what can you do?

NYU costs a lot of $.

about 7 hours from me. yeah, colorado is that big, or that hard to travel through. either way, mesa verde is near the 4 corners off of hwy 160. we've been through cortez, which is the nearby town, but were on our way to the grand canyon and did not have time to stop.

when are you there? i'll be nearby july 2nd through 12th. we're backpacking the 6th through the 10th in the weminuche which is about 180 miles away. :(

taks

An Obsidian Forum BBQ would be one of two internet-meeting type things I would actually make an effort to go to.

agreed, actually. i've met a few people i've known from online. they are always different "live" than they are on the net.

taks

Have you ever found yourself awake at 3am, after planning to go to bed 3 hours earlier, yet having done absolutely nothing worthwhile in that time? And by nothing worthwhile, I mean the equivalent of cycling through your frequently visited web pages every 10 minutes for 3 hours despite nothing new appearing. :(

Watched the Chelsea vs Barcelona match last night with a Chelsea supporting friend last night. I'm not a big footie fan, but surprisingly it seems I know more about refereeing than the ref did. For example, if someone fouls on an attempt on goal within the penalty box... it's a penalty. That's why it's called a penalty box.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

End of this particular time line :lol:

Alternative time line here

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein