What you did today

Gorth

in two days we've collectively done 3 things, not counting this post.

we're a boring lot anymore, eh?

taks

Maybe you're boring but I've had lots of exciting things going on. Well, they're mostly bad things actually. On top of dogy getting her foot hurt, I just found out my uncle's cancer is growing, and he probably only has two months to live.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

argh i just had a friend ring me while i was on my lunchbreak and ask me to do vocals for his band for a gig in like 2 weeks

talk about short notice >_<

... what so you've only got two weeks to get liquored up and addicted to coke? :p

who plans that far in advance anyway?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

argh i just had a friend ring me while i was on my lunchbreak and ask me to do vocals for his band for a gig in like 2 weeks

talk about short notice >_

... what so you've only got two weeks to get liquored up and addicted to coke? :p

Yeah, practising is for whimps. Over produced sound ends up sounding "mainstream" (i.e. utterly afraid of anything interesting) anyway :p

Too busy working these days. Not much happening :p

Did get my paperwork done for an Aussie drivers license. Having a danish license, I automatically get a license for cars plus it saves me the theoretical test for my motor cycle license. Getting signed up for some training/evaluation sessions so I can get my "learners" license :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Today I saw that episode of Chuck, where he has to play "missile command" to get the codes that are hidden in the game. But it really pisses me off that they've imagined some fictional japanese guy as the game creator when it was made right in the US by a guy called David Theurer(mostly anyway, some other guys helped too).

That's just wrong to take away someones hard efforts like that. Sure, its a fictional show, but millions of people out there now think Missile Command was a friggin nintendo game!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Maybe you're boring but I've had lots of exciting things going on. Well, they're mostly bad things actually. On top of dogy getting her foot hurt, I just found out my uncle's cancer is growing, and he probably only has two months to live.

you clearly missed the point of the post. sorry about your uncle, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

talk about short notice :)

... what so you've only got two weeks to get liquored up and addicted to coke? :)

hehe speaking of coke, i was walking home from work the other day and had a couple of promo girls come up and ask me "we're giving away free cocaine - would you like some?"

of course they were referring to the energy drink :*

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

in two days we've collectively done 3 things, not counting this post.

we're a boring lot anymore, eh?

taks

I've been busy, but not much worth relating on a forum.

However, I just ate a banana, and half way through I hit a gross mushy spot, which reminded me of why I don't generally like eating bananas.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

you are proof of my hypothesis. so am i.

i woke up. very exciting. in an attempt to get myself psyched for camping season that is just around the corner, i'm having a freeze dried chicken ala king meal for lunch in a few moments. yay.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

@taks - hehe :lol:

I ate some teriyaki beef/rice for lunch as the Boston/Yankee game started.

Almost 4.5 hours later (but only 9 innings), the game is finally over and I'm hungry again.

That was one wicked/stressful (to fans) game ... possibly one of the best ... certainly one of the weirdest ... what is it about Bos./Yank games that are so crazy?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

--Realizing I don't have Firefox spellcheck on this other computer, and wondering what kind of idiotic gaffes I've made all day. The spellchecker fails in many ways, but the one thing it's good for is the in-a-rush/half asleep errors/typos...

--Discovered Twitter is pretty awesome for sports fans to connect with other fans during live game broadcasts. I don't have a bunch of sports buddies to sit in my living room with me, and I don't like sports bars, so sports-tweets yelling is the next best thing.

--Remembering when this thread used to get a page or two or more of posts per day.

--My cat still poops on the carpet on semi-regular basis. The carpet is light brown, so it can be like a mine-field in the morning. No, I won't use a cage.

I took some time off yesterday, enjoying the nice weather wandering around the city with an old colleague. This resulted in working today from 3 to 11 (now), and I won't go to the first few hours of university tomorrow to be able to finish some work for a seminar. And I still haven't had the time to learn for the examn on tuesday. I love weekends :)

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Dropped my BA thesis, I'll try again next year.

Yes, it pisses me off, but I'm out of time and have to finish several tasks to even stay abreast in my study credits, writing the thesis any longer would have killed the rest of the courses.

Hopefully I'll finally learn to not procrastinate half my time, starting with the Spanish exams today...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

hehe speaking of coke, i was walking home from work the other day and had a couple of promo girls come up and ask me "we're giving away free cocaine - would you like some?"

of course they were referring to the energy drink

Shryke, did you encounter the ones giving out promotional coupons to the Mermaid at Courtenay Place last week? They thrust them towards me and I grabbed without looking, was pretty interesting :shifty:

We've got a pretty good Vector of Depravity going on now from Mermaid's, through that pill shop opposite the bungee jump, then to that rose-door place & fetish shop near the Architecture school.

Good city.

of course they were referring to the energy drink

Shryke, did you encounter the ones giving out promotional coupons to the Mermaid at Courtenay Place last week? They thrust them towards me and I grabbed without looking, was pretty interesting :shifty:

We've got a pretty good Vector of Depravity going on now from Mermaid's, through that pill shop opposite the bungee jump, then to that rose-door place & fetish shop near the Architecture school.

Good city.

ooh fetish shop

where?! i must investigate :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Finally figured out what it was that gave my home a bad smell...

It started a couple of days ago, spreading from down stairs to upstairs and getting stronger every day. It wasn't the smell of dead animal (which I first feared), completely wrong for that. Neither was it the smell of dead (alive?) cheese forgotten somewhere. Turned out that I must accidentally have turned one of the "knobs" on my gas stove when dropping off my shopping bags on the table. Switched off the gas and opened all the windows and doors for a few hours. Who knows, the nagging pain in my head may not have been work related stress after all. Probably a good thing that I am not a smoker :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Probably a good thing that I am not a smoker

Indeed! :sorcerer:

The smell they add to such gas here is so distinctive it's almost impossible to not recognize it in an instant if you've smelled it before. Is it different there?

Probably a good thing that I am not a smoker

Indeed! :sweat:

The smell they add to such gas here is so distinctive it's almost impossible to not recognize it in an instant if you've smelled it before. Is it different there?

It definitely had a rather distinct smell. It's just that I use the stove so rarely :sorcerer:

When used correctly (i.e lit when used rather than hoarding gas reserves), it is effectively odourless.

Same here, Aristes. Too much stress lately, I think.

Memorial service soon.

And the cat poop. Grrr. ;)

I increased my monthly donation to Amnesty International from 5

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Good thing I like fire. Fire is pretty. Hard to build a fire on a cloud. o:)