What you did today

Gorth

drunkernhell.

:aiee:

Which often leeds to the question "Why, oh why?" :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Trying to figure out which would be better for me: MLB Extra Innings on cabletv (which is not in HD in my area) or the MLB.tv streaming internet option.

The TV package is more than twice as much as the internet, but I'd have more confidence about reliable broadcasts/quality and don't have to fret about bandwidth usage. But since HD isn't a factor, the internet price is right even with potential streaming issues. Plus the internet means I wouldn't hog the big TV constantly while watching. Decisions, decisions. :down:

It's funny...last time I was into baseball was in the early 80's...I watched baseball hardly at all and didn't care about it for years and years. Then I watched the playoffs/WS last year (and was astounded/confuddled by some gameplay/style changes...) and I'm madly obsessed enjoying watching all the games again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After 21 years of smoking I gave it up last Friday night cold turkey. So far, so good. Wasnt nearly as hard as I thought it would be. Granted, the first 24 hours I was in some state of delerium as the nicotine left my body, felt almost like a 2-3 beer buzz, but since then its been fairly smooth sailing. Unfortunately, Mrs. Gfted1 flamed out after around 19 hours so shes been banished to the outside while smoking so as to not put unnecessary temptation on me. Shes still trying but shes going to try the cut-it-down-a-little-at-a-time approach. I must say, the hardest part BY FAR is not the physical addiction to nicotine but the habitual action of smoking. You know, wake up, have a smoke, eat, have a smoke, bored, have a smoke...

Shes still trying but shes going to try the cut-it-down-a-little-at-a-time approach.

which has like a ridiculously low rate of success. of course, i "quit" in may, but still cheat on weekends when i'm at the pool hall drinking.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I must say, the hardest part BY FAR is not the physical addiction to nicotine but the habitual action of smoking. You know, wake up, have a smoke, eat, have a smoke, bored, have a smoke...

true dat

I quit my last quit a few months ago.

Trying to figure out which would be better for me: MLB Extra Innings on cabletv (which is not in HD in my area) or the MLB.tv streaming internet option.

The TV package is more than twice as much as the internet, but I'd have more confidence about reliable broadcasts/quality and don't have to fret about bandwidth usage. But since HD isn't a factor, the internet price is right even with potential streaming issues. Plus the internet means I wouldn't hog the big TV constantly while watching. Decisions, decisions. :shifty:

It's funny...last time I was into baseball was in the early 80's...I watched baseball hardly at all and didn't care about it for years and years. Then I watched the playoffs/WS last year (and was astounded/confuddled by some gameplay/style changes...) and I'm madly obsessed enjoying watching all the games again.

I was going to buy the extra innings package this year because I never get to see Marlins or Rays games here in Tn. But I have XM/Sirius radio and so far I've just been listening to the games on the radio. I may still buy the MLB.tv streaming package, because you get minor league games too. One nice thing about radio games is I can catch them while working on other things.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was going to buy the extra innings package this year because I never get to see Marlins or Rays games here in Tn. But I have XM/Sirius radio and so far I've just been listening to the games on the radio. I may still buy the MLB.tv streaming package, because you get minor league games too. One nice thing about radio games is I can catch them while working on other things.

I'm too visual for radio to satisfy me.

I bought the MLB.tv Premium package. $109 for the season, not bad. The cabletv Extra Innings would be closer to 200 bucks with no ability to also watch archived games you miss, so in the end, not too hard of a decision, haha.

MLB.tv HD streaming looks great, works great, and so far I'm very happy with it. I can turn my monitor around, put the streaming video on full-screen, sit on the guest/daybed while watching, and the quality is somewhat close to watching a regular TV hd broadcast on a smaller tv.

Not much jerkiness or anything, for me, either, so all good.

And I have the same issue - what games are broadcast here feels very random, and most of the teams I'm interested in watching frequently aren't it. Plus, California has 5 teams, so that more often than not, they'll broadcast a Giants or Dodgers game when I want to see the Oakland or Angels game, and vice versa etc. Not that I'm into California's teams very much right now...I only watch them when they're playing a team I do like, so the MLB.tv blackout stuff doesn't bother me much. :shifty:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had my first exam for this semester this morning at 9am. It was only VB programming and we were allowed to have all our notes for some reason. If I didn't ace that exam, I will be very, very ashamed. Tomorrow I get another 9am exam, this time it's Statistics with no notes except the formula sheet and Z/T score tables. Should be a little harder, but most of the class has been pretty easy so far. I'm working on the practice exam right now.

Next exam after that isn't until the 20th and that's Intro to Information Systems which again should be really, really easy. Exams will be all done after the marketing exam on the 23rd.

Today I planned on revising for the exams which start in a month, instead I spent all day watching anime. I'm currently debating whether or not I can be bothered to scratch my crotch.

Should go to bed really, it's nearly 3:30am here.

Good luck with the rest of your exams as well Deraldin.

Edited by Daaave

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I've gone over a load of practice problems since last night. The first bunch was pretty rough, but the everything seemed to come back after that so I'm feeling pretty positive so far about this exam. Certainly better than for either of the other tests in this class. Still have 2.5 hours to kill before I have to leave. Really hope I do well on this one.

Really hope I do well on this one.

Good luck :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Listening to/watching the wind rip through the block and wondering if those dangling branches that overhang the power/phone lines in the backyard are going to be a problem....the wind moves the branches and I can see the wires moving as they brush up against them. I think one of the wires is starting to sag a little lower. They're too tall for us to reach...will the power company come over and take care of it? :ermm:

it's so bizarre to have the lines (and telephone poles) in the backyard rather than street side...or underground. Old neighborhoods.

Went skiing last week.

That's to say, I got tired of my skis after 3 days, so I picked up a snowboard for the other 3. Got the handle of it quite easily, thanks to years of snow experience. Nothing too fancy yet, but at least I can get downhill without falling. Looking forward to doing it again.

Listening to/watching the wind rip through the block and wondering if those dangling branches that overhang the power/phone lines in the backyard are going to be a problem....the wind moves the branches and I can see the wires moving as they brush up against them. I think one of the wires is starting to sag a little lower. They're too tall for us to reach...will the power company come over and take care of it? :p

it's so bizarre to have the lines (and telephone poles) in the backyard rather than street side...or underground. Old neighborhoods.

Yeah it was super crazy windy yesterday and last night. It was so awesome when I was leaving school because on the way to the parking lot there this like underpass type walkway and it essentially turned into a 40 yard wind tunnel and I had to keep myself from smiling becuase it was just an amazing little experience and I love the wind. Not sure what I like more wind or rain. Snow and fire are cool too but I don't know there's just something magical about being pummeled by something invisible or the wonderful scent after a rain storm.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Does applying antiseptic on your junk sting shyrke?

Zing!

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.