What you did today

Gorth

Sadly true. :( Ah well. Happens to everyone. :)

indeed. since right before my 40th i have been wondering if my body is just going to begin shedding limbs and organs. ugh.

it is snowing like mad here. my mom is driving from st. louis into a ****-storm (she's an hour out of town but on "back roads" by now). not quite blizzard conditions, and it is actually above freezing so the streets are clear, but it is coming down hard with big, heavy flakes. depending upon your locale within the surrounding area, there's up to 2 feet expected. i think my house is in the 1 foot band. yay, we get to use the snowblower for real this time (nothing but small, fluffy snows this year so far)! it snows every year on john's birthday (which is tomorrow), so this is not a surprise. usually it only snows a few inches at a time this time of year.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Decided I'm gonna make 14 "counted" posts on the weekend and my 5000th counted post on my birthday for giggles.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Sadly true. sad.gif Ah well. Happens to everyone. original.gif

Not to me! Nope! Absolutely not!

... I wish ...

Did yard work for most of the morning, which lately means trying to rake the yard and trim branches while squirrels are following around my ankles wanting food.

Right this minute I'm sitting on a bed, keyboard in lap, with "In the Line of Fire" on the little TV, baseball game playing on one side of the pc monitor and forum/google hopping on the other side of the monitor. Lazy afternoon, and I love it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

at the moment, the phrase "yard work" either implies "snow blower" or "snow man." i'm gonna work on the kid to do the latter here shortly. ;)

taks

at the moment, the phrase "yard work" either implies "snow blower" or "snow man." i'm gonna work on the kid to do the latter here shortly. ;)

taks

I've tried to get my cats to clean the house for me, but alas have only met with failure so far.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Did yard work for most of the morning, which lately means trying to rake the yard and trim branches while squirrels are following around my ankles wanting food.

We're in the process of cleaning up all the dog poop that accumulated on our lawn over the winter. There are always more branches that need to be trimmed and more grass to be grown. Hopefully we can fix up what's left of the bare patches this year. We also have to decide what to do with the area right in front of our new backyard fence. There's about 2 feet of bare dirt that had been overgrown with blueberry bushes (that our neighbour kept picking clean despite them being on our side of the line) and various other prickly things.

I finally did it, I quit my job! Yaaaaay. Except I still have like a month and a half of work left. I went in and I was like yeah we need to talk about my schedule and she was like yeah so your contract expires on the 23rd or something and then I was like I wanna leave before then and so my last day is 2 days after my birthday. So I'm not sure whats going to happen but when I leave the office Friday at 4:30 I might stop off at a liquor store and then get completely plastered alone in my cave and maybe try some illegal substance for the first time ever, eat a couple of hamburgeasas, have unprotected sex with a hooker, and then jump out of a window. Going to be the best day of my life.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I finally did it, I quit my job! Yaaaaay. Except I still have like a month and a half of work left. I went in and I was like yeah we need to talk about my schedule and she was like yeah so your contract expires on the 23rd or something and then I was like I wanna leave before then and so my last day is 2 days after my birthday. So I'm not sure whats going to happen but when I leave the office Friday at 4:30 I might stop off at a liquor store and then get completely plastered alone in my cave and maybe try some illegal substance for the first time ever, eat a couple of hamburgeasas, have unprotected sex with a hooker, and then jump out of a window. Going to be the best day of my life.
grats

just been chatting to an ex-Obsidianite - Darth Launch

she's still mad as ever :(

Launchie? REALLY!?

hmmm will there be an Obsidian reunion?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

just been chatting to an ex-Obsidianite - Darth Launch

she's still mad as ever :(

Launchie? REALLY!?

hmmm will there be an Obsidian reunion?

heh that could be kinda cool

get back people like Launchie, Silvershadow, Metadigital, Lonewolf16, Dark Raven, etc etc :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I went to the Puyallup* Fair today and was lucky enough to be at the top of the ferris wheel when a top-heavy children's ride decided to collapse. I thought those things were supposed to be inspected every time they were brought out.

*(Pyoo-all-up)

Edited by awsomeness

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I spent the day making home made bombs from 3/4" PVC, duct tape, fishing line, finishing nails, and a few common household chemicals mixed in the proper proportions.

No, not really. But Obama seems to think I did. ;(

I cut my grass for the first time since the accident. It was pretty out of control. Then sat by the creek are read while the dogs played.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

you have growing grass? oh yeah, it's not winter in the lowlands anymore. we had non-stop snow from thursday till just a little while ago. the sun was out and it was snowing. it was also above 40 F while snowing. that only happens at high altitudes i guess.

taks

No, not really. But Obama seems to think I did. =]

You're misreading the report and/or listening tot he wrong talking heads. :*

Michael Savage never lies!!

Today I brought my brother and his new gf and one of her super hot friends to some kind of wine tasting or some crap like that on the strip. Took like 40 minutes to get over there and then like 3 hours later I get a call from his gf and I can hear my brother in the background being a belligerent a hole cheering and god knows what. Anyways over the course of 20 minutes I get probably 7 calls from him each time asking where I'm at and how long its going to take until finally he's like never mind we already got another ride. And then, on the way back home I still get 4 calls from him waffling about whether or not I should come. What a freakin douche. This is why I have a problem with shyrke. Nothing good can come of getting plastered; besides nailing chicks and having fun. Pisses me off.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

As long as they don't do it around me, I'm fine.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I think I overdid it yesterday. I hurt so much today I can't do much of anything. And no more pain pills. I can see how they could become addictive. Thats ok, Knob Creek and Sam Adams work almost as well.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

equally addictive, albeit a) legal to abuse and b) so much more fun and tasty to boot! :(

yesterday was john's 6th birthday. i suppose i should change my avatar to something more recent. he's upstairs playing ratchet and crank, btw, and already spent time with grandma shirley on the slot car track. i need to get some sort of base to set the thing on because the carpet is less than ideal for a variety of reasons. today is his actual party with friends at pump it up (inflatable slides, and similar stuff). not till 5, however. should be interesting since there will be 16 total rugrats in attendance. most are from his kindergarten class.

taks

2908_75115283918_657933918_1639049_4285828_n.jpg

That is all.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

equally addictive, albeit a) legal to abuse and b) so much more fun and tasty to boot! :(

yesterday was john's 6th birthday. i suppose i should change my avatar to something more recent. he's upstairs playing ratchet and crank, btw, and already spent time with grandma shirley on the slot car track. i need to get some sort of base to set the thing on because the carpet is less than ideal for a variety of reasons. today is his actual party with friends at pump it up (inflatable slides, and similar stuff). not till 5, however. should be interesting since there will be 16 total rugrats in attendance. most are from his kindergarten class.

taks

You are going to have your hands full today.

Thomas Sowell

That is all.
Sexy bracelet ;) I take it too many people were smoking while you were waiting for the people who had called the taxi cab you were driving?

Worked a little, but got surprisingly some time left to spend, so I played some Lost Magic and Icewind Dale. Tough fight against Presio with her wights and zombies...

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority