What you did today

Gorth

Oops. Wrong thread

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

got a 3am visit from an ex

was half asleep when i heard a tapping on my bedroom window - then a very loud whisper "are you awake?"

Did you hide under the covers and pretend she wasn't there?

haha nah i let her in

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Our neighbors with the 50 cats have now built a large birdcage next to our shared fence that's taller than the fence. Little tiny chickadee-like birds who go "tweet tweet" all day long. Maybe they sell them. Arrrgh. They can't move out fast enough for me.

On the plus side, it's funny to watch their cats sit on top of the cage trying to poke paws at the birds.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

After much delay, frustration, additional tool acquisition, swearing (an underrated lubricant for corroded nuts), and soreness, I have replaced the kitchen faucet.

Moving stuff mostly, I got a small time job to move an office from across the street and there's also the fact of moving together with the missus. The apartment is a nice 56 squarefeet loft in the innermost suburb area of Tampere, Kaleva. Living room, french balcony, fairly spacious kitchen, a snug bedroom and two large walk-in closets among other things. We paid the advance rent already, 1180 eur, but the landlord goes a bit steep by asking that the regular payday is every 5th. A bit too soon...

I ended up borrowing a couple of hundred from an old friend, hoping that the electric bill doesn't increase too much in the next two months, eh.

On the other hand, it's high time to actually have a place to fit all this useless yet precious junk we've acquired after moving to Tampere 2 years ago. That that place is in a beautiful and (relatively)safe location and has a good access to everywhere(1,2 miles from the centre) is a great bonus.

We ended up getting an apartment that used to have a couple of weedheads though. One of the closets has an odd placement of shelves, one removed to have more space for something tall. The same closet also sports a removed grate for better ventilation, a second jury-rigged vent, an uv lightscheme, several odd hooks in the ceiling and a very distinct, yet faint odour of something green. There's also a nifty slot built under the kitchen's oven for drying something, there was even a pouch of silicate left there, hahhahha! I also have to mention the large plastic jar with an odour-seal in the cork, that I saw in the moving van when we first went to see our future apartment.

Not like this is odd or rare though, it's Tampere after all.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

played MoW all day. good game, btw.

getting ready to order some chinese for dinner. i actually get their thai noodle dishes (pad thai and thai curry) plus some version of low mein.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

*Boring live journal school stuff ahead*

So I've taken two exams so far. The first was for management which I didn't really need to take but it means I have a 98.881% in the class overall. I took my finance exam today and I was a little surprised. I went to a final exam review thingy yesterday (Saturday morning, yeah it sucked) and he basically half lied to us on what was going to be on it. Either way I think I did mildly decent on it. All I really have to do is score above like 50% on it and I'll have a B so I'm not really worried.

As of right now I'm coming close on being 2/3rd's ready for my managerial accounting exam. Just going to do some practice for budgeting and review what I went over previously and I'll be almost ready to go. Tomorrow I have work but I asked for a half day, which will give me a few hours to go over the last third of exam stuff and I think should do relatively well. I'm really hoping for a high B or A to salvage this abysmal semester but really all I need is a 79% to get a B in the course but you know it's an emotional and mental thing that's important to me to show that I can actually do this crap if I put my mind to it. Then on Thursday it's financial accounting which I will have all of Wednesday to study for but I'm confident I should do well on that one too. I'd have to ace the final to get an A in the class but it would still be like barely 91%. Doesn't really matter though, somehow the math works out in my favor and there's a gigantic window of getting a B. I'd have to score below a 65% on the test to get a C.

Looks like things are looking up. Just 3 weeks, or 6 work days, and work is officially over. Two days before my last day I turn 21. It'll be summer, no school, no work, no obligations. Life will be marginally better and I'll likely celebrate with sushi and then perhaps watching anime alone in my room while drinking a delicious margarita afterwords though the margarita thing is doubtful but not becuase it lacks deliciousness but since I don't really think I'd go out and buy margarita mix and tequila because that's crazy talk. Maybe when I move out on my own in 4 or so years.

I should really get some friends. ;_;

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Epic Oakland vs. Seattle game on now. 15th inning, 7-7.

They both scored 3 runs in the 13th to keep it tied. Much more entertaining than Boston's earlier loss....

After this is over, going to watch that 2nd "new Bond" movie on PPV.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

argh so many meetings today :(

*head explodes*

Shryke doesn't do meetings! Shryke has sex and does drugs and has fun... not meetings!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

He was clearly holding auditions for his new harem.

I finally bought a keyboard to get back into shape on that. Fishing around for some easy but fun-ish pieces to work on, classical. Any tips?

argh so many meetings today :(

*head explodes*

Shryke doesn't do meetings! Shryke has sex and does drugs and has fun... not meetings!

not at work i don't....

Sigh... I applied to about ten job openings to supplement my income... Hopefully one or more actually contacts me... :)

i'm sure you'll manage

good luck dude :(

I attended a license agreement management meeting. Our differences already started when debating on what is a 'legal entity' in the EULA. An agreement looks like it is in the far end of the tunnel.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The apartment is a nice 56 squarefeet loft...We paid the advance rent already, 1180 eur...

Whaaaa? Is this a typo? 56 square feet is like a 10 x 5 room. The smallest bedroom in my house is bigger then that but thats your ENTIRE apartment? And it costs about the same as my mortgage!

I think housing prices are a little different here in Europe. I mean, I have a friend who bought a one room apartment (28 m2) for $200,000.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So lemme see here, 56 meters square = 3136 square meters = 10,035 square feet? That cant be right either...

hehe, not quite. it's 56 m^2 = sqrt(56) m x sqrt(56) m = 7.48 m x 7.48 m = 24.56 ft x 24.56 ft = 603 sq. ft. :p

oof.

taks

I think housing prices are a little different here in Europe. I mean, I have a friend who bought a one room apartment (28 m2) for $200,000.

oh my god. that's insane. i guess, however, that big cities in the US are similar. what i live in would be several million in manhattan and i have a small yard (only 1/6 acre). the median home in COS is about 2200 sq. ft. (204 m^2), with a yard a bit bigger than mine (in the old days 1/5 to 1/4 acre was more typical), and only runs right around $200,000. up in denver things are much more expensive, and boulder is outrageous (median home there was at one point over $650k). boulder does not allow new building inside of city limits, as i recall, which helped to drive that madness.

speaking of home values, in spite of the fact that i've lost at least 10% in the last year alone, somehow the geniuses at the assessor's office have determined that my assessed valuation should go up by about $8000 for next year, which will cost me an additional $200 or so in property taxes. yes, an appeal is in order.

taks

My apartment cost 12.000 $ ages ago when I first got it, it's listed as 100.000 $ now, and that listing is determined by the co-op I belong to. We each get votes, but so far the others are more comfortable paying less taxes. Real market value would be over 250.000. That's pretty annoying because it's a serious incentive not to sell when you know you are going to lose half the actual worth.

I wish I owned the thing fair and square, but then of course it wouldn't have been so cheap to begin with.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.