KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

I think KotOR III should be a collaborative effort between studios Obsidian, Bioware, and Bethesda. This would form a singular game developing Juggernaut of potential.

That's funny I was actually watching G4 yesterday and I think it was on EP that they did an interview with Bioware and Pandemic about them teaming up. The short of it was that they were in the process of making several games together (other then Mass Effect) but that they couldn't comment on them due to the fact they hadn't been announced yet. Got me thinking maybe one of them could be KOTOR 3 I mean there's no solid proof but it would be nice if the next game came from a team up with Bioware and Pandemic.

i'm getting frustrated with all these rumours and speculation about a comfirmation of the release date of kotor for about a year now i've read posts like the one a few post back(by the way did anyone see the one in a official xbox magazine? they had a pull out of secret and confidential game projects, and it reckoned obsidian was making it for xbox 360 and ps3 one or both of them are lying).

I whish lucasarts or whoever the developers are would just tell us weather they are making it or not, i don't want loads of details just a definate yes and a estimated release date.

It would stop these bogus reports and give us fans something to look forward too.

Cheers

P.S theres an online petition to get kotor 3 made can't remember were it is i know its not hard to find.

If I recall at least partly right, someone PM'ed Obs devs and the reply was that they are not developing K3.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actual answer was something like "we can't speak about it due the contracts bla bla bla, currently we are not working on it bla bla bla"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If I recall at least partly right, someone PM'ed Obs devs and the reply was that they are not developing K3.

I had heard that it was leaving Obs and heading back to Bioware. Who knows with the size of the rumor mill (read: internet) out there. :cat:

Phft. As much as I would be thrilled if Bioware did it, it's not happening. Bioware has expressed multiple times that they rather stick to their own projects. And let's face it, KOTOR 3 can only be created by Obsidian, it's their story to continue.

K3 is supposed to take place 14 years after K2? And it's supposed to be a follow up of Revan and the Exile? Meaning it'll be set circa 3937 BBY, and I'm sure that by then Revan and the Exile are getting up in age and they just wanna' settle down in an estate on Talus or something.

And I'm sure you people would love seeing the new Bastila  :shifty:

perhaps her connection to the force can keep her :"> ...easy on the eyes :)

K3 is supposed to take place 14 years after K2? And it's supposed to be a follow up of Revan and the Exile? Meaning it'll be set circa 3937 BBY, and I'm sure that by then Revan and the Exile are getting up in age and they just wanna' settle down in an estate on Talus or something.

And I'm sure you people would love seeing the new Bastila  :shifty:

perhaps her connection to the force can keep her :"> ...easy on the eyes :)

Like it did for Palpatine... oh wait.

Let's have George write the script

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I think that there should be a storyline that is nearing the time of episode 1 so it may include yoda as a student (seen as he's 900 years old) and you are a jedi master who runs an academy on an unchartered planet when a masked sith lord and an army wage war on the galaxy and destroy your academy. it turns out that revan could not stand up to the true sith and was corrupted by their power and has come to rule the galaxy again. u team up with a mixture of kotor 1 and kotor 2 characters eg. carth, bastilla, mission, visas, atton, bao dur etc. Revan is led by a old hooded women - Kreia! i know you all think that she died in kotor 2 but what if somehow her dark powers kept her alive and now she is teaching revan as she once did! you must stop revan and traya (kreia) from galactic domination by using your great force powers or you could join their cause but kill kreia to become revans apprentice. i think that maybe another infinite empire weapon could be used or an early death star in which the empire builds their design on!

i also think tht we should meet these true sith all this tlk about them for all we know they could be some gizka with a toy lightsaber! (w00t)

some other little things, we want hooded robes, different coloured saber crystals and the option to decide what kind of combat system you want e.g. traditional kotor or like a jade empire type combat where you chose your lightsaber/force form and you fight by pressing lots of button (button bashing!) and i want to hear darth nihilus' name spoken!

anyways my views on kotor 3!

part 3 well you just left korriban and the the next planet you go to is tattooine and you dock at mos eisely there are a few shops like motas droid shop and markm laurps wepoans and when you dock you find an old man yet there is some odd about him you speak to him and he revils he was a jedi knight and his name is Ben onasi the father of carth onasi he was exlied from the order 40 years ago because he had children carth hearing this dindt know so you a bit and ben sends to do some missons which are find the missing jawas and help the miners defeat the sand people after that he joins party and after he tells where you can find this map it is in cave of a krayt luckliy you have help he and komad fortuna lure the cretaure out and ben uses beast trick to tell it to jump of the cliff then you find map but you still have the rest of puzzle

Ben Skywalker >_<"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I have found a link to a star wars game in development. It shows exciting footage of Jedi using cool force powers on storm troopers. But any way I heard that this exciting trailer can eventually lead to a hopeful Kotor 3.

look below:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11412/Star-W...ech-Demo-Movie/

I have found a link to a star wars game in development. It shows exciting footage of Jedi using cool force powers on storm troopers. But any way I heard that this exciting trailer can eventually lead to a hopeful Kotor 3.

look below:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/11412/Star-W...ech-Demo-Movie/

cool movie. thx for the link :lol:

That video actually looks decent.

Although judging from the shots, it looks better suited to an action game (ie. Jedi Knight) than a RPG (KOTOR).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

okay so anyone who wants to read it, here's my idea/hopes for the next kotor game. i watched that video and though its pretty sweet, i dont think we'll be using the force to take any TIE fighters down in k3. that said, i would definately like to see a conclusion to the revan/exile/true sith arc, as opposed to just expanding on it to build up to the next game in the series. i want it epic!

so obviously you'll have to start as a new character or this wouldnt be a RPG, and with the traditional "non-jedi" planet at the start. so how about starting off working for the hutts as the best bounty hunter/smuggler in the system this time? after winning "the fastest ship on the outer rim" and 2 droids in a game of chance/pazaak, you meet a jedi master who enlists your help in finding his apprentice. while talking to him you ask him about revan and the exile and decide during this conversation if they were male/female LS/DS, not necessarily the same for each. during the search for his apprentice he says you have a stronger connection to the force than he has ever seen before in any master, and had it not been for the wars you would have been trained at a younger age. lets give this jedi a name for arguments sake and call him Bail Winoda, and his apprentice can be Cinden Daris.

so you rescue his apprentice, Cinden (the "bastila" of this game i.e. love interest for a male PC, for a female PC it could be another jedi or crew member) who turns out to be a jedi prophet, just because prophecies gotta come from somewhere and i've heard a lot about destinies and prophecies in star wars so far so i guess i'd like to see where they come from. anyway, you rescue her from the hutts, forming a force bond with her in the process, and she says you have a great destiny and should be trained as a jedi. Bail isn't so sure but her foresight is rarely wrong so you take them to CORUSCANT (to hell with dantooine im sick of running around a field, gimme something to look at) where you meet the reformed/surviving members of the jedi council. they are discussing a hidden enemy when you enter the room but they quickly go silent. they say you are too old and will not be trained, but master winoda objects, so they give you a task they know to be impossible.

they give you this task thinking you wont return, and send you to find a one-of-a-kind black lightsaber crystal (but obviously with a cooler star wars name), which is to be used to create the mythic "ShadowSaber", the fabled weapon of an as yet unseen enemy. you leave immediately for the remains of taris, where it is believed the dark side itself forged a lightsaber crystal from all the pain and suffering to occur there. master winoda and his apprentice accompany you as observers under instruction from the council, during the hyperspace journey master winoda begins to train you in secret. when you arrive on taris your master senses a disturbance in the force on the planets surface, and you soon discover an apprentice of the true sith is about to beat you to the crystal. you defeat the sith and return with the crystal, when you are confronted by master winoda. the council had informed him to leave you behind but you tell him about the sith you killed, convincing him to allow you to return the artifact to the council.

the council are surprised to see you return, and after interrogating you about the sith you killed, reluctantly agree to train you. you are assigned to master Davil Atesn, another powerful but "problematic" jedi, and sent on what the council presumes to be a suicide mission to gain more knowledge of the sith threat. you are sent to the Auril sector to investigate and report your findings, the planets included in your investigation should be Bal'demnic (hostile natives), Ch'hodos (to explore Shar Dakhins base), Vjun (here come the hooded robes!!), and Korriz (investigate Tritos Nal's sith alchemy workshop). on each planet you find a "shadowsaber" component, as well as some nasty surprises and maybe someone else for your team, but nothing to suggest the sith are back, until the last planet you go to (whichever you choose).

you and your crew are attacked and captured by a sith lord, who turns your master to the dark side. this dark lord is called darth infernus, and has the previously unknown power to shoot dark force flames from his hands. after seeing your master killed you can either get angry or control your emotions. you are taken from your holding cell to meet infernus.

the sith lord senses how powerful you will become and your uneasieness toward the jedi council, but also that you aren't truly evil (yet?), so he gives you sith knowledge (including his fire abilities) as your "first step into a larger galaxy". he tells you hate is your most powerful weapon and that you shouldnt trust the flawed wisdom of the council because you are more powerful than any of them (you can get some big DS points here if you want). once you have made your choices in your discussion with infernus, you are forced to fight Davil Staen and you cut off his arms and force push him from a ledge in a cut scene, infernus subtley allows you to escape calling you his acolyte as you go.

you return to coruscant to inform the council of your findings, and of infernus' abilities. during this phase of the game you would be getting a lot of LS/DS conversation options such as agreeing with the sith lord, lying to the council etc. you find out master winoda and his apprentice cinden haven't returned from their investigation of korriban, ossus and Yavin 4, and you go to look for them. as you leave the jedi temple revan and the exile arrive, obviously you'd get to decide earlier in the game but to save time i'll go canonically for now and say revan is male LS and exile is female LS. revan meets with the council and says the true sith are on Ziost, and that the Sith Council has reformed with a descendent of the ancient sith from Naga Sadow's time known as Lucien Derangi as its reigning Dark Lord. Revan takes you as his new apprentice calling you "the answer" as he believes you are the perfect catalyst for the exile (whose power is leeching the power of others remember). before leaving Coruscant you retrieve the black lightsaber crystal.

either way (LS/DS) it'd be pretty straight forward from there, explore Korriban, fortify Ossus against a sith attack, get the prestige class. find the Lost City of the Jedi on Yavin 4, get the girl, then head to Ziost to confront darth infernus, other sith lords, Davil Atesn after he returns with new arms, and eventually the dark lord Lucien Derangi. as a jedi or a sith you'd want to defeat the Dark Lord to eliminate the threat for the republic, or to destroy and conquer. during this battle you discover Derangi had a powerful ally on the jedi council who has been manipulating the jedi to play into the sith's hands. LS: Cinden says you have fulfilled your destiny and you and your companions return to Coruscant to confront the corrupt Jedi Grand Master or DS: You can either take Cinden as your apprentice or kill her, and lead your new empire in an attack on the jedi temple on Coruscant. Although LucasArts would not allow the temple attack due to ROTS similarities, so the jedi could flee to the Telos academy for the final battle (DS only). throw in some bonus missions, an alternative (non-canon) way of meeting revan and the exile depending on your earlier choices in the game, some mention of characters from the previous games and its sorted. sorry for the long post but it had to be done.