KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Seems to me being able to hear your character talk makes it seem more real and that your character isn't just a doll/puppet type thing that you tell to do what you want.

i think itd be kinda creepy

oh i think we should be able to create our character looks and stuff like u canin sims

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Seems to me being able to hear your character talk makes it seem more real and that your character isn't just a doll/puppet type thing that you tell to do what you want.

Until you come across the problem of the voice not sounding how you envision your character to sound.

And I doubt they'd spend time voicing dozens of different voice sets and have them say *every single line* that the main character says.

That'd be timely, costly, and overall a waste if a lot of people just read the replies and click to fast forward over the dialogue.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

This thread should be renamed. I just asked a simple question in the KOTOR II thread about whether KOTOR II was actually planned, and this is what I got back from Dark_Raven:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=659574

Since you blocked me from responding there, allow me to clarify WHY I didn't do what you said in the first place. This thread is clearly marked as being for SUGGESTIONS on KOTOR III. Not QUESTIONS about KOTOR III. The creator of this thread did not call it the place to discuss KOTOR III, they called it the place to offer suggestions. A wholly different animal.

So it was out of concern for asking the question in the wrong thread that I posted where I did.

I seriously think that a short note about KOTOR III (even if it's just to say "no word at this time") should be stickied at the top of the KOTOR II forum. That should avoid the whole question.

Sheesh. I feel slightly ambushed just for posting a question... *sigh*

EDIT: Oh, and thanks, Metal_billy. At least you gave me an answer before Dark_Raven shut me down. :thumbsup:

Edited by Michael_Patty

Dont worry about it but there is a sticky in kotor2 general Discussion section

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=35094

Edited by Revan1127

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

This thread should be renamed. I just asked a simple question in the KOTOR II thread about whether KOTOR II was actually planned, and this is what I got back from Dark_Raven:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=659574

Since you blocked me from responding there, allow me to clarify WHY I didn't do what you said in the first place. This thread is clearly marked as being for SUGGESTIONS on KOTOR III. Not QUESTIONS about KOTOR III. The creator of this thread did not call it the place to discuss KOTOR III, they called it the place to offer suggestions. A wholly different animal.

So it was out of concern for asking the question in the wrong thread that I posted where I did.

I seriously think that a short note about KOTOR III (even if it's just to say "no word at this time") should be stickied at the top of the KOTOR II forum. That should avoid the whole question.

Sheesh. I feel slightly ambushed just for posting a question... *sigh*

EDIT: Oh, and thanks, Metal_billy. At least you gave me an answer before Dark_Raven shut me down.  ;)

This is stickied in the KOTOR 2 General Discussion forum.

Click me.

This is stickied in the Obsidian General forum.

Click me, too.

As you can see, it suggests *ANY* discussion about K3, whether it be question, comment, speculation, critisism, etc. be placed in one thread, and one thread only.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest The Architect

Since Alec praised the 'civil war' idea, I thought I'd show it on the "KOTOR III Ideas and Suggestions" thread, since it is afterall an idea/suggestion...

Well put it this way, when Revan's full memories returned, he/she journeyed into the unknown regions do deal with the 'True Sith' in his/her own way. Now think about it, Revan departed known space a year after the Jedi Civil War (the events of KOTOR) and regardless of whether your Revan was LS or DS, the Republic/Jedi (LS Revan) and the Sith (DS Revan) were in no position to challenge the 'True Sith', they were all in a weak state, vulnerable to attack. Anyone who's played KOTOR II should know this, that a year after the Jedi Civil War that the Republic, the Jedi Order and the Sith from Malak's armada were in a weak position.

So one must ask themselves a series of questions. Number one, if this 'True Sith' threat were so terrible, then why didn't they attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith after the Jedi Civil War when they were all in a weak, vulnerable state? Also, why did Revan go into the unknown regions alone, without any help? And how could Revan alone possibly stop the 'True Sith'? Also, if Revan has not dead, then one must ask themselves what has he/she been doing in the unknown regions all of this time?

These questions can be answered, and the answers fit in like a perfect jigsaw puzzle IMO. Now my theory is that I think Revan is staging a 'civil war' inside the Empire of the 'True Sith' regardless of whether he/she is LS or DS. If Revan was LS, then he/she has had to embrace the power of the dark-side (a sacrifice, which corresponds perfectly about Kreia saying that she beleived Revan knew the difference between a sacrifice and a fall) in order to stop the 'True Sith'.

If your Revan was DS in KOTOR, then this is merely just an extension for his/her quest for power. Once a DS Revan remembered the threat of the 'True Sith', he/she saw them as a much greater threat to his/her own dark Empire than a crippled Republic and Jedi Order, so he/she went to conquer the greatest enemy. Once he/she becomes the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith', he/she will conquer the Republic without breaking a sweat. DS Revan left his/her companions behind, because Malak's betrayal taught him/her that he/she cannot trust anyone, not even Bastila, not when there is so much at stake.

If your Revan was LS in KOTOR, he/she remembered the threat of the 'True Sith', and that he/she had originally embraced the power of the dark-side to stop their impending invasion. LS Revan meant to do a little evil to prevent a greater one, a sacrifice, becoming evil for good intentions, however, as the war progressed, Revan became seduced by the dark-side and attempted to conquer the Republic that he/she had sworn protect instead of sticking to the original plan of leaving the Republic's infastructure intact and focusing only on crushing the Jedi Order. So once LS Revan remembered this threat, a year after the events of KOTOR, considering the state the galaxy was in (Republic, Jedi, Sith) the only way he/she saw to end the threat of the 'True Sith', was to go to the 'True Sith' Empire, sacrifice himself/herself to the dark-side again, and then attempt to subvert the regime of the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith' from within by starting a 'civil war'. And LS Revan left his/her friends/companions behind, because he/she did not want to unnecessarily endanger them either through the 'True Sith' or his/her own dark self as Darth Revan.

Either way, this explains where Revan is, and what he/she has been doing all this time. And guess what? This way, Revan could definately appear in KOTOR III (if there is one) again, as a DS Sith Lord with his/her mask on. If you set Revan as LS, then he/she is redeemable, if you choose to try and save Revan that is, but if you set Revan as DS, then he/she is not redeemable and must be stopped. Make your choices mean something.

This 'civil war' idea explains why Revan has been gone for so long and what he/she has been doing, it also explains why Revan locked his/her navicomputer and was so secretive about where he/she was going (not only because a LS Revan didn't want to endanger his/her allies, but also because a LS Revan wouldn't want anybody to find him/her (hence locking the navicomputer) and potentially ruin his/her master plan and if Revan is DS, then he/she doesn't want anybody going with him/her because he/she doesn't trust anyone and also, if Revan's plan backfires, then at least the Republic/Jedi or the Sith (depending on Revan's alignment should be given enough time with Revan's plan to rebuild themselves and prepare for any possible invasion).

This is why I think Revan told Mandalore to regather, reunite and rebuild the Mandalorian Clans, because not only could Revan trust Canderous, he is a loyal beast afterall, but also because if Revan's plan backfires, the Mandalorians are there to fight the 'True Sith' if necessary, and it's not like they'd turn away from battle.

And also, this 'civil war' idea explains why the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith after the Jedi Civil War when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state, because Revan's 'civil war' plan must be working and he/she is scrweing up the plans of the 'True Sith'.

The 'civil war' idea also gives us a chance to show Revan's supposed 'genius', it also fits in well with the whole Sith teaching that they must continually test their strength against each other, and it also makes things easier for the devs of KOTOR III (if there is one) to bring Revan back, since you don't have to worry about Revan's appearence (the mask) and you don't have to worry about writing eight different Revan's, which makes things a hell of a lot easier and workable for the devs.

Besides, I'm sure Revan knew that if he/she did not try the 'civil war' plan, then the Republic/Jedi/Sith were screwed anyway, as the 'True Sith', who are supposed to be all mighty and powerful, would have crushed anyone who stood in their way in their inevitable attack on the galaxy...

What are your thoughts people?

Which shows multidimensionallity of civil war's role in Kotor series. And which also relates in more ways than one to KOTORFanatic's interpretation of True Sith and how they have yet to make their presence felt. That is how I see it so far.

And then again, we could consider how a rallying of forces would be involved in dealing with consequences of such a potential threat. It might affect survivability of humans and aliens alike. Somehow, find it a bit difficult to not consider this as being similar to a formation of an alliance that may not necessarily be classified under a banner of commonality or a unified name in time of Old Republic. Slightly different from that of Mandalorians' way of uniting.

Also, there remains Jedi force users who have gone into hiding to manifest themselves and make their presence felt as a counterforce against Sith.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

i think being ither the exile or reaven as the main charecters to choose from at the beginning but being able to switch between the two of them for certain missions. and you should definatly should keep the party system but you can only take reaven or the exile in the party not boath.

i quite like the idea that the old sith empire never died out and that reaven found out that some of them went to the unknown region to escape the first sith war forseeing the doomb of their empire. reaven could have gone their to find vrooks race to get help.

As you can see, it suggests *ANY* discussion about K3, whether it be question, comment, speculation, critisism, etc. be placed in one thread, and one thread only.

Yes. I already had that one pointed out to me, GhostofAnakin. Thank you. The reason I probably missed it was because I came into the forums via a search engine this time around, while searching for news on KOTOR III.

The General Star Wars thread seemed a logical place to post it, since it doesn't directly pertain to KOTOR II. Since the title of this thread is "Replying to KotoR 3: Ideas & Suggestions," I assumed that it would be a bit rude to just plop my question into the middle of what seemed to be an unrelated discussion. The LEAST intrusive method seemed at the time to be to post a quick thread with my question. Believe me, I might be a newbie to this forum, but I am no newbie to forums in general.

I don't know what history there is here on this forum regarding KOTOR III, Obviously I struck a nerve, so I assume that KOTOR III questions from newbies have been so common as to get them relegated to a single thread.

I apologize to everyone for having violated your forum rules, albeit unintentionally.

But I DO have a few comments that I think are legitimate regarding this issue and how it was handled.

1. I'm obviously a newbie on this forum (one only has to look at my post count to see that). In the forums I have visited before, a little slack is cut for newbies until they get a feel for the forum.

2. Relegating discussion of KOTOR 3 to a single thread, no matter how annoying it might be, is not really a good idea. It forces the thread to be very chaotic and hard to follow, since it pushes a ton of unrelated discussion into one place (kind of like having all the books in a library jumbled into one pile). It is also grossly unfair to what is, whether you like it or not, a legitimate point of discussion and query regarding something in the Star Wars universe.

3. Most moderators would have handled the situation better. A little honey works wonders, and instead of feeling angry, I would have just felt a bit embarrassed (Well, truthfully, I was still embarrassed, but I was also angry). Heck, the guy before Dark_Raven was more polite than the moderator!! There was no sympathetic "I know it's not labeled as such, but we like to have all KOTOR III discussion go in the KOTOR III Suggestions thread." There was just this cold smack-down/shut-down. If this is an example of moderators here on this forum, then I don't think I care to hang out here. Which is really too bad, since some of you seem like very interesting people, and we obviously share a love of Star Wars.

And that's about all I have to say about that. :wacko:

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Michael

1. We expect some reading comprehension and at least a semblance of observational skills from our members. That's why there isn't a sticky that reads: "Read the stickified threads"

2. Because there is no certainty of K3 so far, the high-ups have decided to keep the boards tidy of any posts about it. Partly this is in preparation of the coming onslaught of "wut?!11 Obsida not makeing kotor 3!!1"-posts(because they are so not going to develop it), but mostly because we whined so much of K3-posts spreading over all the forum sections that they took apporpriate action. Yes, we can be petty.

3. That's Dark_Raven for you. Most mods here are fairly friendly. They also hate posts like the one you just made. "Take it to PM and I'll answer if I feel like it." is the way of constructive moderator-member relations here.

All in all though, it's fairly nice here. Welcome aboard. :huh:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hopefully in KotOR 3 they won't have a canon main character, and it will be unknown like Jaden Korr in Star Wars Jedi Academy instead of making one group of people angry if they say it's male, or female or two different skin colors or something. Just keep the character unknown and give 'em history.

The return of Revan would be sweat in the third game.

Just as long as we get to choose Revan's gender and alignment. If not, don't bother making KOTOR III, or set it in a new timeline. Also, I want to go a new main character in KOTOR III, not Revan and/or the Exile. But if Revan and the Exile are to appear in KOTOR III, then I want it to be MY Revan and MY Exile, not some 'canon' Revan and 'canon' Exile pair of punks. Also, if we see their faces, I want to choose their appearences too. In other words, as long as they don't ruin my Revan and my Exile from the previous KOTOR's, then I'll be happy...

I wouldn't mind seeing canon Revan and canon Exile... If you want to alter it, there's always mods ;)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

1. I'm obviously a newbie on this forum (one only has to look at my post count to see that). In the forums I have visited before, a little slack is cut for newbies until they get a feel for the forum.

She closed your topic, she didn't ban you or give you a warning. Your topic being closed *is* being shown slack.

2. Relegating discussion of KOTOR 3 to a single thread, no matter how annoying it might be, is not really a good idea. It forces the thread to be very chaotic and hard to follow, since it pushes a ton of unrelated discussion into one place (kind of like having all the books in a library jumbled into one pile). It is also grossly unfair to what is, whether you like it or not, a legitimate point of discussion and query regarding something in the Star Wars universe.

It's to avoid spam. You weren't here when rumors of K3 started up. Every new member (and it seemed like a hundred were joining per day) were starting up their own little threads about K3, many of which were carbon copies of one another.

Keeping K3 discussion in one thread allowed other topics that aren't K3 related to actually have a chance of survival. Otherwise all those topics kept getting bumped to page 3 because newbies would start various "Is K3 out yet?" "How about now?" "Is it out now?" "How about now?".

3. Most moderators would have handled the situation better. A little honey works wonders, and instead of feeling angry, I would have just felt a bit embarrassed (Well, truthfully, I was still embarrassed, but I was also angry). Heck, the guy before Dark_Raven was more polite than the moderator!! There was no sympathetic "I know it's not labeled as such, but we like to have all KOTOR III discussion go in the KOTOR III Suggestions thread." There was just this cold smack-down/shut-down. If this is an example of moderators here on this forum, then I don't think I care to hang out here. Which is really too bad, since some of you seem like very interesting people, and we obviously share a love of Star Wars.

She posted a link. Moderators don't have to ask you about your day and let you share their life story with them. They just have to do their job and a]keep things tidy, b]direct you to the appropriate place to post.

Plus she's bitter because I'm always right and she's always wrong. So I take full blame. ;)

Edited by GhostofAnakin

Things i would like to see in K 3

Hoods

owning your own small space ship

loads of space battles

intelligent A.I

Light whips

Jedi armor

more force powers

more items

realistic deaths

ragdoll phisics

What I think would be pretty cool is if you could upgrade you ship, considering if there was space battles or if you had a HUGE ship and it held a fighter for each one of your allies so you had to have one ally pilot the HUGE ship while the others either got in a fighter or manned a turret on the HUGE ship. Also, you decide who flys, pilots, and gets in the turrets. I just think that would be cool. :blink:

I don't know what history there is here on this forum regarding KOTOR III, Obviously I struck a nerve, so I assume that KOTOR III questions from newbies have been so common as to get them relegated to a single thread.

Some abbreviated words commonly used here for a start:

LOL - Laughing out loud

IMO - In my opinion

FTW - For the win (Not too sure, just my assumption)

BTW - By the way

OMG - Oh my god.

To Michael: Hope this helps.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

While I appreciate the friendly help being given to a new/returning member, this thread is running off-topic from it's purpose and may get pruned soon...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

While I appreciate the friendly help being given to a new/returning member, this thread is running off-topic from it's purpose and may get pruned soon...

Well then, let's bring it back on-topic.

Would probably start thinking about some of the Jedi masters who might have been hiding. Perhaps some of them might be people who have belonged to the Order on Coruscant. Could be that a rescue might have to be staged to escort some of them, especially young Padawan and apprentice learners back to Coruscant, just as an idea. In an effort to rally together remaining Jedi.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧