KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

Welcome to Kotor3: Ideas and Suggestions part 20! It's continuing mission is to have a place for the on-going discussions relating to K3. There is a lot of continued interest on this topic and keeping input centralised will have more impact and possible influence than multiple threads scattered throughout the forum. :)

While I know members who've been here a long time may find this discussion a somewhat elderly and done-to-death topic, please keep in mind that there are new members arriving all of the time, and to them, this might be a new and current topic of interest that they wish to discuss. Courtsey and hospitality to all members enhances the community and makes me smile - spam and trollish behaviour does not. So let's keep the posts on-topic, respectful and constructive in nature. If you don't wish to participate in K3 discussions, then DO NOT POST. :D

Have fun!

Here are the links to the past threads:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well I just joined and I am not sure which boards and topics are dead and this is a new one so I'll post here. Not sure what has been discused about KOTOR 3 and I am dreading reading 19 long boards about it so what I discuse may already have been talked about or stated.

I think for KOTOR 3 you should be a new Jedi in training at the Academy on Malachor V. (I believe one of the cut parts was handmaiden or Visas is ordered to make it for soldiers to fight the true Sith)

I believe this should be the area like the Endar Spire or Porisis (or however you spell it) should be your training there and you complete simple tasks for training like sparring with others, controling the force, ext.

After that I believe you should be taken to one of the unknown planets where you chose to fallow under Revan or the Exile as a soldier under them. Do military tasks and over all fight on the front line.

Later in the game something will happen where you must go off on your own and get fallowers and a ship. This part will be like the middle of the last two games, trying to find someone or something, distroying True Sith bases or stealing things from them ext.

Last part of the game will be you helping Revan and the exile or any other generals (Candorous/Mandalor maby?) with a final attack/assult on the leader or leaders of the True Sith.

I think for KOTOR 3 you should be a new Jedi in training at the Academy on Malachor V.

Malachor V was destroyed at the end of the game. Lightside female Exile was made canon if you didn't know.

I believe this should be the area like the Endar Spire or Porisis

Peragus.

After that I believe you should be taken to one of the unknown planets where you chose to fallow under Revan or the Exile as a soldier under them. Do military tasks and over all fight on the front line.

They are on the same side. The Lightside.

Malachor V was destroyed at the end of the game. Lightside female Exile was made canon if you didn't know.

Doesn't make a difference. The player will most likely have a choice if Exile was male, female, light side, dark side. Don't assume that because Leeland or guides say one thing, the game has to follow it and can't have options.

I think for KOTOR 3 you should be a new Jedi in training at the Academy on Malachor V.

I believe this should be the area like the Endar Spire or Porisis

Peragus.

They are on the same side. The Lightside.

1st. I'm not sure but I still think someone was tasked with running some Acadimy for the war ahead (Just not sure who)

2nd. I know Revan and The Exile are on the same side, I ment you got to pick which general (or whatever you wish to call it) to serve under and do missions for, Revan or The Exile, overall you would still get the same game and the same thing will happen later

True to some degree.

Anyway, I'd like to see a return of T3 and HK-47. Visas and Bastila and the restored Jedi Order. Some major creepy new Sith and a rather dark storyline with a bit more of an epic feel than KOTOR II, which really was a darker story and very isolated in style. I'd like some more attractive heads on females player characters.

Doesn't make a difference. The player will most likely have a choice if Exile was male, female, light side, dark side. Don't assume that because Leeland or guides say one thing, the game has to follow it and can't have options.

Correct. Guides (expecially the New Essential Guide to Droids) are not the ones who make the game. I think it's most correct to put both Male and Female choices. It makes the game more interesting.

I think there will be mainly 3 or 4 new characters. T3-M4 & HK-47 are a must. I think Atton will remain. Visas will too. Bastila may join u to search for Revan... there will be a soldier element (like Mandalore) and 3 Jedi (guardian, consular, sentinel)... and of course u... a new character. A young Jedi recently promoted to Knight on Coruscant and assigned to explore the galaxy for the TS. U go around with a new refit Ebon Hawk and sense a Sith presence on some distant planets... a new Sith Lord pops out... u find Revan and the Exile and fight a huge war against the True Sith Lord on Ziost, the true Sith homeworld.

U get to visit worlds like Coruscant, Corellia, Dantooine for starters... then strange worlds like Duro, Drall, Selonia, M4-78 and finally Ziost.

If u choose LS you destroy the True Sith Lord and return home as a hero with Revan, Exile, Bastila & your team... and back on Coruscant the Lost Jedi and the new Jedi Council hail your return... you have defeated the Sith!

If u choose DS you destroy the True Sith Lord then you turn all the Sith Assassins to your will and kill Revan & the Exile and anyone who opposes... the ones in your team who decide to follow your path become your apprentices. You rule the galaxy... a new dark era begins. The end.

I would really like these 'True Sith' if they appear in KOTOR III to be really, really bad ass Sith, completely remorseless and evil and I want us to see this rather than being told it. I think we should not actually see the Exile and Revan, however we should hear about them from a party member gained along the way. Perhaps a turn around Sith rookie or something who was born into the 'True Sith' but never agreed with their cruelty and beleifs. Or something like that and we hear how the Exile and Revan had caused disension among the Sith ranks, spread beliefs of compassion (again this would depend on what status you pick, they could pull the Atton trick with this again) etc through them, causing a civil war of sorts that forced the True Sith to expand their boundaries. If you choose darksided of course it would be something like Revan and the Exile lead a rebellion or something.

I'd prefer generally new party members, T3 and HK-47 should return of course. Exile's companions should appear as Jedi in the Jedi Order, but not as party members (I think however, due to Visas being sacraficable on the Ravager they would not be able to have her appear in game unless they come up with something to set it and pulled something like they did with Carth in TSL. Maybe at the beginning your character could be being quized by your master about certain events, as part of your trial for becoming a Jedi Knight)

Guest The Architect

I think overall, the devs of KOTOR III need to stay true to Kreia's predictions. If KOTOR III is made, and it does bring closure to the Revan/Exile/True Sith, then we simply must choose Revan and the Exile's genders/alignments. Not being able to choose Revan and the Exile's genders and alignments in KOTOR III is unacceptable, we also need to play as a new main character in KOTOR III, we cannot play as Revan and/or the Exile in KOTOR III, and there is more to it than just the powerlevel problem, don't forget, the KOTOR games are CRPG's, and considering where KOTOR III leaves us, you will accomplish absolutely no roleplaying experience in KOTOR III by playing as Revan and/or the Exile, hence, you are taking away the fun.

Being able to choose the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile doesn't necessarily imply that four-sixteen plots have to be written for it to work, nor does it imply that it would be impossible to pull of in terms of size, time and costing.

Look how Obsidian handled KOTOR II, KOTOR III should follow suit, it shouldn't make that much of a difference to the plot overall, it should only effect which characters from the previous KOTOR's are dead, which are alive, who's side there on, what role they have and which cameo appearences are made and how and when there made and also only minor changes in dialogue should be made, but that's about it, no big deal, it shouldn't stop the devs of KOTOR III from working on their own individual story.

As Chris Avellone has said with about KOTOR II, he said that K2 builds upon the events of K1, but it doesn't follow any paths or arcs that Bioware laid out in K1. K3 should do the same, it should build upon the events of K1 and K2, but not follow any path or arcs that K1 and K2 laid out, if you know what I mean.

Edited by The Architect

Correct. Guides (expecially the New Essential Guide to Droids) are not the ones who make the game. I think it's most correct to put both Male and Female choices. It makes the game more interesting.

I agree. :cool:

I believe that you should pick at some time in the game through conversations with party members or something like that the alignment and gender for revan and the exile.{sort of like you did on peragus with atton}

That would provide the best gameplay and story options.

I suppose they could make it such that Revan is fixed as DS, explaining that if he was LS, he become corrupt (again) and if he was already DS...

If Revan is DS, then gender doesnt matter if you meet him as he can be all covered up with a mask and hood etc, but it just might effect either Bastilla or Carth being with you etc.

If they ever do KotOR III, they must keep the d20 system, visit Corruscant AND where Revan/Exile went, must have T3/HK AND bring closure to the whole KotOR series :)"

Expanding on the Influence and Jedifying system would be a bonus :D

Less and faster loading!!!!!!!

There was so much loading that by the time my mom said to stop playing i had only talked to a few people (exageration)

Some say the world will end in fire,

Some say in ice.

From what I've tasted of desire

I hold with those who favor fire.

But if it had to perish twice,

I think I know enough of hate

To say that for destruction ice

Is also great

And would suffice.

Less and faster loading!!!!!!!

That is actually based on your amount of RAM. Like when I first got the game, I had about 500 mb (more or less) then when I upgraded it to 1.2 Gigs, loading was incredibly faster. So, just get more ram if you want faster loading. :(

What I would love to see is an option for "grey" (neutral) Jedi. I would really love to play one, but in KotOR 2 it is next to impossible (miss out on Korriban cave, Prestige Class, and you get a heap of LS points or helping out Khoonda and Queen Talia on Onderon and a heap of DS for helping Azkul or Vaklu) and just plain hard in KotOR 1 for similar reasons.

The main thing is that in KotOR 2 they miss out on a prestige class and also miss out on exploring the cave in Korriban. I would love to see a grey jedi option in KotOR 3 (assuming there is going to be one =P)

i think it would be cool if after u finish the game u can still continue to do sidequest and collect items

Agreed, I would like to afterwards still play Paazak and Swoop Race and do other things, I also think it should have a monster respawn like KOTOR 1, after you killed everything on KOTOR 2 it had gotten extremly boring and a bit harder to level

i think it would be cool if after u finish the game u can still continue to do sidequest and collect items

Wouldn't hurt to have the option for those who like to play games that way, but I kind of like games where when they end, they're over.

I think the games were designed to try and get people to replay them by taking different paths. You can always re-load saves to see how different options/missed quests would have turned out if you don't want to re-play the whole thing. At least if you're like me and methodically save files for just that purpose, which I realize most probably don't. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts