KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion

cheers for that terranova,

i think your right about the lightsaber abillitys,

but maybe the lightsaber forms introduced in kotor 2 could be more alignment specific in 3. Say darkside forms would be more aggressive and direct and focus more on power, were as lightsiders would focus more on finness and technique .

I think your right about falling to the darkside as well it should be far more gradual and less defined you could be doing things that you think are right or good (like annakin trying to save padme) but actually your gaining attachments to things and that leads to the darkeside.(allthough employing

this in a game could prove difficult).

Still just going around maiming people just to go darkside did get tiresome in the first two games, plus the hay presto your jedi way you trained people in kotor 2 was almost as bad as the B movie noooooooo! that vader screams at the end of EP3 (worst acting ever!) Both were cheesey and wrong

Mind you I'm a big fan of final fantasy 7 (which took well over 100 hours to clear first time), i wouldn't mind if kotor 3 was that long nothing wrong with a multidisc game

anyway i digress

Cheers for the imput i appriciate it

P.S maybe the reason its taking so long to bring out kotor 3 is because they

are trying to address ideas and topics like this. I'm sure the guys at obsidian and lucasarts who created kotor are just as smart if not smarter then us they must of thought of these things.

cheers.

So LS DS you allways got force storm because it deals alot more death than battle meditation, In the films how often did you see yoda or obi use force lightning? never because it is a inherant Ds ability.

I just think in the new game chosing light or Dark should have far more implications on how you play the game then just weather you do evil things or not.

How many people would play a lightside Pc if all The cool Ds powers were unnavailable to you like they should Be?, This is the true essance of the battle between being good or evil how much are you willing to sacrifice to gain Power?

They could also create alot more cooler lightside powers to counteract the darkside powers for example a lightside Pc could gain the abillity to absorb force lighting through your lightsaber or hands like yoda and windu in EP3

It would also mean a lightsider would put more emphases on his/her skill 

with a lightsaber than a sith would (yoda is a far better swordsman than palpatine) this could be reflected by what options are available when you level up

Yoda can not only absorb it, he can also reflect/send it back, I'd say that would be a bit hard to implement into the current combat-system.

Of course, a lightsider wouldn't base his fighting style around darkside powers, but they are still within his capability (see Yoda, or even Luke choking the Gamorreans).

As for being better with a lightsabre, that doesn't have all that much to do with the alignment, Dooku and Maul were absolutely amazing with the lightsabre. The guardian/sentinel/consular choice already takes care of that, I wouldn't change that.

I agree with your main point, though. It seems logical that ls/ds won't use every power there is. It could be a great addition to the third game, if implemented right.

Alrighty, my three cents.

We know, from TSL, that Revan has gone into the depths of space to fight uber bad-guys. The Exile (potentially) is off to do the same, as we know by T3 and/or Kreia recruiting you.

So... the question is, 12 years later... what will have happened? We know that the Jedi Order is being rebuilt by the cast of TSL. (Well, or they're all dead, but not sure what to do if that's the case...)

Revan should have made some sort of appearance in that time, most likely to The Exile's friends to shape the training. Because manipulation is what Revan does best.

Now, to the future! Who will the lead be? Well... I'd certainly like a bit of a choice race-wise from the force-sensitive races out there... And lots and lots of faces and other customization choices.

I think the key to this game is going to be strength. The "true sith" whoever they may be, seem like total badasses to have Revan worried. And to have to have a whole game's worth of training for The Exile. How to feel strong and keep the game challenging without getting into adding a ridiculous number of zeroes to your stats... Suppose that one's on you all. But I don't think anyone really wants to go through the whole... "Yay, I r teh padawan?!" thing again.

Companions... Them having backgrounds is always interesting. And the influence system was interesting, if not annoying. It was certainly a lot nicer than the, "You leveled up, talk to <insert_whining_republic_admiral_here>," that the first one had. I'd to see the system tweaked, but I'm not exactly sure how one would go about that. And variety is always nice.

Also, some reappearances of Revan's companions would be welcome, hopefully with the same voices, but new stories to tell.

Feats, Roles, and other. In the game so far, there are basically three modes of play. Zot the hell out of everything, chop things with two sabers, shoot things with two guns. I'd like to see some more diversity added. Perhaps the dueling feats looked over or added to so single-saber is a viable choice. Same with guns. Unarmed combat needs something to make it feel special as well -- Like the monk class in DnD (stuns, special bonuses while unarmed - Sorta like Bao-dur). Force powers are fun, and I think everyone would like to see some new ones.

Planets... Well... Kill the "Go to four and collect stuff!" quest. It was done to death in both games, not to mention NWN and its first expansion. Kill me now. Diversity is nice. New planets, new environments, and signature planets from the movies are always welcome.

Bad guys... If you're going to put super-duper cool badguys in... Give us a little bit of information on them. Darth Nihilus was honestly one of the greatest villains since Darth Maul, and suffered from the same problem. "Who the hell IS he?" Syndrome. We like to know who we're fighting against. *Cough* Malak, you traitorous bastard, die! *Cough*

Items. Playing through so you get a different set of items each time you play... and the ability to play through 3 or 4 times before you get a repeat of "cool" items. Would be nice. (Don't read that as make cool items rare, read it as put lots for the games randomizer to choose from in.) New types of armor, unique looks, customizable armors. Dye-able armors. Custom hilts for our lightsaber(s). Go crazy.

Mini-games. In Jedi-Knight III, They have some seriously cool Episode 6 speeder action. Things like that are enjoyed by most, as long as you don't make it mandatory and repeat it a thousand times. And it's a welcome diversion from the normal hack and slash story mode. Sometimes people just wanna have fun with cool toys.

I'm sure I'll think of more things later, but this is what I've got for now. It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm tired, lemme alone!

Anyways, my thoughts. And ideas. And stuff.

Edited by CrimsonSahel

Well to be Quite Hones i believe Both reven and The exile (which never had a name and that Upsets me because the only name he got was a name you gave him so now everyone just calls him the exile) should be dead on the sith planet this would make the game very simple because 1 you would not have to deal with seeing reven and the exile in a way you never imagined them (unlike in K1 and 2 where you picked their appearence) and it won't matter what their alignment is because their dead adn that means you really need to watch out for those "true sith" because the just Kicked some Major Jedi tail it sounds simple to me. and I'm not sure how many times I've said this being Human is getting Kind of Old I need other races to be and to start on different planets it makes for a better replay value.

Items.  Playing through so you get a different set of items each time you play... and the ability to play through 3 or 4 times before you get a repeat of "cool" items.  Would be nice.  (Don't read that as make cool items rare, read it as put lots for the games randomizer to choose from in.)  New types of armor, unique looks, customizable armors.  Dye-able armors.  Custom hilts for our lightsaber(s).  Go crazy.

Anyways, my thoughts.  And ideas.  And stuff.

I lik eyour Idea Only thing is in Kotor 2 I ended up with an assload of Onassi blasters and one of them I got On the Damn Ship I know it sounds a little crazy but Finding Jolee Bindo's Belt on the Ravenger get's pretty Crappy because there is no way it could have gotten onthere I killed him on the Unknown planet or he went with me to the star forge and we saved the galaxy but there is no way he left it on the Ravenger because So the random GEnerator thing was cool but let's try to put some limits on it because really the lsa thing I want is to end up with 600 (over exageration) onassi blasters which should be rare! even though I didn't even Like the Guy he's a whiny bitch but then again alot of people in starwars that are cool are whiny bitches!

Unpredictable NPCs. It's odd if you're playing the Dark Side and you go about killing innocent people that you're lightside companions just sit there and say "Why!". They should be obliged to attack you there and then not at the end of the game. It would be interesting if NPCs actually tried to betray you or something. Perhaps some will leave your party for personal reasons or others will die defending you or something. Influence should also play a large role in whether or not companions will betray, defect to another cause/alignment, leave, die or remain loayal to you as well. {Quote from Terranova}

I really like the idea of having party members really act like real people would.

However you would have to keep like two party members; otherwise if you were darkside and had almost no influence with everyone you would end up killing off all your party members with no one left to talk to or help you. <_<

KotorIII would also have to have many characters that could join your party since a couple might die an unfortunate death :( I actually would like that because you could fit alot of characters from kotor1 and kotor2. :)

Edited by sion01

Well to be Quite Hones i believe Both reven and The exile (which never had a name and that Upsets me because the only name he got was a name you gave him so now everyone just calls him the exile) should be dead on the sith planet this would make the game very simple because 1 you would not have to deal with seeing reven and the exile in a way you never imagined them (unlike in K1 and 2 where you picked their appearence) and it won't matter what their alignment is because their dead adn that means you really need to watch out for those "true sith" because the just Kicked some Major Jedi tail it sounds simple to me. and I'm not sure how many times I've said this being Human is getting Kind of Old I need other races to be and to start on different planets it makes for a better replay value.

Well that could be a good plot but I would really like to see Revan and The Exile again.

Just my opinion though.

hey,

long time reader first time poster

just wanted to make a point on the gameplay of future kotor game(s). One of the things that annoyed me most about kotor 1&2 is that LS or DS it didn't change what acess to force powers you had.

Yes DS powers cost more if your LS but by the time you got up a few levels and got some stat enhancements you had more than enough force points to cover the costs.

So LS DS you allways got force storm because it deals alot more death than battle meditation, In the films how often did you see yoda or obi use force lightning? never because it is a inherant Ds ability.

I just think in the new game chosing light or Dark should have far more implications on how you play the game then just weather you do evil things or not.

How many people would play a lightside Pc if all The cool Ds powers were unnavailable to you like they should Be?, This is the true essance of the battle between being good or evil how much are you willing to sacrifice to gain Power?

They could also create alot more cooler lightside powers to counteract the darkside powers for example a lightside Pc could gain the abillity to absorb force lighting through your lightsaber or hands like yoda and windu in EP3

It would also mean a lightsider would put more emphases on his/her skill 

with a lightsaber than a sith would (yoda is a far better swordsman than palpatine) this could be reflected by what options are available when you level up

I just think something like this would add alot more to the gameplay then being able to a stick your hood up or down, or having a yellow pokeadot lightsaber or whatever colour is in fashion

Beside what i think is more important to the game is what luke ask yoda

" Is the darkside stronger? "   

Finding that out in a game would be alot of fun.

Cheers

(insert appropiate slurs Here)

klye katarn Uses foce lighting and choke for good

That a good idea to have coutner to force lighting like force block

and shoots it back at them

It's hard to talk about KOTOR3 with out speaking about KOTOR 2.

Influence system:

The influence system in KOTOR 2 was an intresting idea. The implementation of the system was decent, however the player feedback was non existant.

Players were not able to tell why they had not gained influence with certian characters, (Example Handmaiden would give off influence failure messages if you did not spar with her 3x, no matter how much influence you gained with her over the course of your travels).

Players were not able to redeem themselves after saying something foolish. (Example: In my attempts to convert handmaiden to a Jedi I got a little annoyed with the influence failures and basically told her to shut up. After which point she would not speak with me again)

There were a number of planets in which the player lost his ability to gain influence with their party. Malachor V, The Raveger, and Korriban. All of these places had 0 influence gain for the members of your party. Considering that hand maiden's "Do you wish to spar?" is based on your characters level. So if the handmaiden was one of the first people the player tried to earn influence with he could miss out on earning influence with everyone else in his party until late in the game. At which point there was no more ability to gain influence with your party members.

Players who took 2 party members with them that could gain influence off of a quest could not pick who gained that influence. It seemed somewhat random.

Finally it wasn't clear when the influence was maxed out. So that you could stop taking that person with you in your party and focus on gaining influence with others.

I think these things need to be made clear to the player in KOTOR 3. So that a player doesn't spend a lot of time trying to earn influence (when they can not) with one specific character and neglect the others in their party. Suggestions: Add some sort of an influence meter to the character screens, always have a way to "take back" something you've said, and finally allow the player to some how pick the person he wishes to influence if 2 party members can gain influence via the quest that was just completed.

Planets:

KOTOR 2's planets were satisfying to visit. However I would say that 1-2 more planets were needed to provide my self with a feeling of a large universe. The player visited what seemed more like a tutorial level (Ebon Hawk & the mining station), then went to telios, dantooine, korriban, Duxn/Onderonn, the ravager and finally Malachor V.

The player had previously visited Telios, Dantooine, Korriban in the previous game. Which left few "new areas" to explore. This made the game feel less expansive than it's predecessor.

I would certianly like to see around 4 new planets to explore in KOTOR 3. I don't mind seeing old planets like tattoine, dantooine, korriban, but no matter how these planets age or what happens to them it just seems like you've been there before and there is little new to do there in terms of exploration.

I'd also like to suggest that a Force Sensitive planet be added in for KOTOR 3. Think of this place like the Jedi Academy from Jedi Knight 2. Where the players force abilities allow him to do things like open doorways, blow out fires blocking passages, move objects around to allow him to climb to higher locations and find hidden materials.

Abilities:

It would be nice if the player had the ability to use a lower rank of a force ability (Example: Force Persuade instead of Dominate mind) in instance where it was needed. There were areas in KOTOR 2 where you could force persuade people only if you did not have dominate mind.

Force Jumping. In KOTOR 1 when ever I would chose to attack an object at range my character would automatically force jump to their location. In KOTOR 2 this did not happen. It would randomly occur when I pressed the "attack" option, but not if I selected fury attack, power attack or anything else. This should be fixed for KOTOR 3.

Loot:

While I do appriciate the randomness of some of the loot in KOTOR 2. I find it highly annoying not to be able to retrieve enough lightsabers, robes for those who I turned into Jedi to use for half of the game.

I suggest implementing a random loot system where you could create "Loot Pools". Similar to what they've done in World of Warcraft. When you kill a boss you are gaurenteed to get an item of a specific quality level. However the item may be a staff, a gun, a peice of armor etc. This system is still random but it's random with constraints. So that one time you don't loot a double bladed lightsaber from a container and other time recieve some broken items.

I would also suggest adding in some checks on looting on the players party to determine how many force sensitive people there are as a whole so that enough lightsabers, and lightsaber parts drop for the player to be able to equip them propperly.

If the above is not done then there are 2 options I see:

1) Allow all party members who are force sensitive to be trained on how to create their own lightsaber.

2) Add a vendor somewhere that has some lightsaber's , lightsaber parts and robes in stock.

Also please add in more "Crystal caves" across various planets. The one on dantooine was nice but due to the randomness of the loot system it was possible to get multiple of the same useless crystals along with the "Your name crystal".

One last thing on loot. If the "Your Name" crystal is going to make it into KOTOR 3, please make sure that the player has the ability to upgrade his crystal before the final battles. For example in KOTOR 2, once you were told to go to dantooine kreyia wouldn't speak to you about anything else until you got there and started your way down the path to the final battle. I had to revert to a previous save game where i was fighting the final battle on onderonn, walk out of the palace and down to the security check point in order to get kreyia back into my party, upgrade my crystal and then I had to re-beat the level I had already passed because kreyia wouldn't talk to me afterwards. It would also be good if the player was given some sort of queue in game to let him know when the crystal could be upgraded rather than having to continually prod NPC's like a kid on vacation "Are we there yet?"

Space Battles (I.E. Gun turrets)

I've recently replayed both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 on my new HD TV (LCD) and one thing that I found rather upsetting was the fact that it was extremely difficult to detect the "Sith fighters" on the black stary backgrounds. This was obviously due to the LCD black level preformance. However many gamers especially those with 360's now have LCD screens with black level preformance much worse than mine. I'd like this to be taken into consideration in the future for KOTOR 3.

Story:

I would personally like to see KOTOR 3 expand on all the information we've accumulated in KOTOR 1 & 2. About these "True Sith", their location, and what they are planning.

Perhaps a little back story on the "True Sith" and how they aquired their affinity to the force. The force tries to keep everything in balance. So it is illogical that "The True Sith" are the first force sensitive beings in the universe. I suspect that before the sith gained mastery over the force that they were a race similar to the mandalorians. Fighting battle after battle, conquoring world after world. If this is the case then it would seem likely that one of the worlds they defeated in battle by sheer numbers would be one filled with Force Sensitive People. I'd expect this world to be highly advanced, using the force to power their ships and buildings. But I wouldn't go so far as to say they were "jedi".

The population of this planet would be very knowledgeable about the force. In fact they would more than likely have deeper knowledge of the force than any Jedi or Sith ever has. They know that for every action there is an equil and opposite reaction. So rather than try to be "Light sided" or "Dark sided" they would try to remain neutral. Avoiding situations which required them to take sides, and if they had to take a side they would make certian that they did something in the future in order to return balance to the force. Being neutral these force sensitive people wouldn't have avoided expressing their feelings of love or hatred either. Knowing that keeping these emotions supressed is even more dangerous than unleashing them in full force.

Once the sith defeated this force sensitive world they aquired the knowledge of the people by force. And began to master it's use.

Are there any survivors left from this world? We all know that the force can grant un-natural long life. If there are no survivors perhaps there is knowledge left on this conquored planet. Knowledge of force abilities that the sith would never use due to their light sided nature, or knowledge of force abilities so powerful that the anchient people who once inhabited the planet kept secret from the sith so they could not be used.

If the force truely does try to keep balance, then why is there only "The True Sith" in the universe? Where is it's counter part? There should be some force in the universe that is equilly as powerful as the "True Sith" yet aligned with the light side of the force. Perhaps they choose not to battle but instead rebuild what has been destroyed.

Which brings up another question, is every sith truely and purely evil? Is every light sided person purely good?

What happened to revan? Could one of the most powerful jedi/sith ever have died? Why did he have to go alone?

And what of the exile? It doesn't seem logical that one who uses a force bond to gain strength from others would head out alone to follow revans footsteps. The bonds the exile makes through the force is what gives him power, if he is not close to them then isn't the bond severed and the power he/she has lost?

Endings:

The endings in KOTOR 1 were quite satisfying no matter how you played the game. I did not find the ending in KOTOR 2 equily satisfying. As a result I would like to see KOTOR 3's ending be as satisfying as KOTOR 1's.

What do I mean by satisfying? You the player were rewarded for playing light side and given a medal, or you took over the galaxy on the star forge if you were dark sided. That is closure. I felt like I had accomplished something.

KOTOR 2's ending felt anti-climatic. A ship flying off into space. Was that a beginning? Was it an end? I certianly didn't feel like it was worth the hours of effort I put into the game.

Edited by Jerros

I'm just more intrested that there be more of a difference between between playing the game Ls and Ds.

There is no repercusions for chosing the darkside i just want the third game to be more about that then anything else.

I know most people want to see revan and the exile come back and things like that but i'm more intrested in them getting the gameplay and things like that right

The story line for the third game will take care of its self there is no way they wont finish of the the story, i just want the gameplay to compliment the excellent story as well.

cheers

Influence system:

The influence system in KOTOR 2 was an intresting idea.  The implementation of the system was decent, however the player feedback was non existant.

Players were not able to tell why they had not gained influence with certian characters, (Example Handmaiden would give off influence failure messages if you did not spar with her 3x, no matter how much influence you gained with her over the course of your travels). 

Players were not able to redeem themselves after saying something foolish.  (Example: In my attempts to convert handmaiden to a Jedi I got a little annoyed with the influence failures and basically told her to shut up.  After which point she would not speak with me again)

There were a number of planets in which the player lost his ability to gain influence with their party. Malachor V, The Raveger, and Korriban.  All of these places had 0 influence gain for the members of your party.  Considering that hand maiden's "Do you wish to spar?" is based on your characters level.  So if the handmaiden was one of the first people the player tried to earn influence with he could miss out on earning influence with everyone else in his party until late in the game.  At which point there was no more ability to gain influence with your party members.

Players who took 2 party members with them that could gain influence off of a quest could not pick who gained that influence.  It seemed somewhat random. 

Finally it wasn't clear when the influence was maxed out.  So that you could stop taking that person with you in your party and focus on gaining influence with others.

I think these things need to be made clear to the player in KOTOR 3.  So that a player doesn't spend a lot of time trying to earn influence (when they can not) with one specific character and neglect the others in their party.    Suggestions: Add some sort of an influence meter to the character screens, always have a way to "take back" something you've said, and finally allow the player to some how pick the person he wishes to influence if 2 party members can gain influence via the quest that was just completed.

Planets:

KOTOR 2's planets were satisfying to visit.  However I would say that 1-2 more planets were needed to provide my self with a feeling of a large universe.  The player visited what seemed more like a tutorial level (Ebon Hawk & the mining station), then went to telios, dantooine, korriban, Duxn/Onderonn, the ravager and finally Malachor V.

The player had previously visited Telios, Dantooine, Korriban in the previous game.  Which left few "new areas" to explore.  This made the game feel less expansive than it's predecessor.

I would certianly like to see around 4 new planets to explore in KOTOR 3.  I don't mind seeing old planets like tattoine, dantooine, korriban, but no matter how these planets age or what happens to them it just seems like you've been there before and there is little new to do there in terms of exploration.

I'd also like to suggest that a Force Sensitive planet be added in for KOTOR 3.  Think of this place like the Jedi Academy from Jedi Knight 2.  Where the players force abilities allow him to do things like open doorways, blow out fires blocking passages, move objects around to allow him to climb to higher locations and find hidden materials.

Abilities:

It would be nice if the player had the ability to use a lower rank of a force ability (Example: Force Persuade instead of Dominate mind) in instance where it was needed.  There were areas in KOTOR 2 where you could force persuade people only if you did not have dominate mind.

Force Jumping.  In KOTOR 1 when ever I would chose to attack an object at range my character would automatically force jump to their location.  In KOTOR 2 this did not happen.  It would randomly occur when I pressed the "attack" option, but not if I selected fury attack, power attack or anything else.  This should be fixed for KOTOR 3.

Loot:

While I do appriciate the randomness of some of the loot in KOTOR 2.  I find it highly annoying not to be able to retrieve enough lightsabers, robes for those who I turned into Jedi to use for half of the game. 

I suggest implementing a random loot system where you could create "Loot Pools". Similar to what they've done in World of Warcraft.  When you kill a boss you are gaurenteed to get an item of a specific quality level.  However the item may be a staff, a gun, a peice of armor etc.  This system is still random but it's random with constraints.  So that one time you don't loot a double bladed lightsaber from a container and other time recieve some broken items.

I would also suggest adding in some checks on looting on the players party to determine how many force sensitive people there are as a whole so that enough lightsabers, and lightsaber parts drop for the player to be able to equip them propperly.

1) Allow all party members who are force sensitive to be trained on how to create their own lightsaber.

2) Add a vendor somewhere that has some lightsaber's , lightsaber parts and robes in stock.

Also please add in more "Crystal caves" across various planets.  The one on dantooine was nice but due to the randomness of the loot system it was possible to get multiple of the same useless crystals along with the "Your name crystal".

One last thing on loot.  If the "Your Name" crystal is going to make it into KOTOR 3, please make sure that the player has the ability to upgrade his crystal before the final battles.  For example in KOTOR 2, once you were told to go to dantooine kreyia wouldn't speak to you about anything else until you got there and started your way down the path to the final battle.  I had to revert to a previous save game where i was fighting the final battle on onderonn, walk out of the palace and down to the security check point in order to get kreyia back into my party, upgrade my crystal and then I had to re-beat the level I had already passed because kreyia wouldn't talk to me afterwards.  It would also be good if the player was given some sort of queue in game to let him know when the crystal could be upgraded rather than having to continually prod NPC's like a kid on vacation "Are we there yet?"

I've recently replayed both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 on my new HD TV (LCD) and one thing that I found rather upsetting was the fact that it was extremely difficult to detect the "Sith fighters" on the black stary backgrounds.  This was obviously due to the LCD black level preformance.  However many gamers especially those with 360's now have LCD screens with black level preformance much worse than mine.  I'd like this to be taken into consideration in the future for KOTOR 3. 

Story:

I would personally like to see KOTOR 3 expand on all the information we've accumulated in KOTOR 1 & 2.  About these "True Sith", their location, and what they are planning. 

Perhaps a little back story on the "True Sith" and how they aquired their affinity to the force.  The force tries to keep everything in balance.  So it is illogical that "The True Sith" are the first force sensitive beings in the universe.  I suspect that before the sith gained mastery over the force that they were a race similar to the mandalorians.  Fighting battle after battle, conquoring world after world.  If this is the case then it would seem likely that one of the worlds they defeated in battle by sheer numbers would be one filled with Force Sensitive People.  I'd expect this world to be highly advanced, using the force to power their ships and buildings.  But I wouldn't go so far as to say they were "jedi". 

The population of this planet would be very knowledgeable about the force. In fact they would more than likely have deeper knowledge of the force than any Jedi or Sith ever has.  They know that for every action there is an equil and opposite reaction.  So rather than try to be "Light sided" or "Dark sided" they would try to remain neutral.  Avoiding situations which required them to take sides, and if they had to take a side they would make certian that they did something in the future in order to return balance to the force.  Being neutral these force sensitive people wouldn't have avoided expressing their feelings of love or hatred either.  Knowing that keeping these emotions supressed is even more dangerous than unleashing them in full force.

Once the sith defeated this force sensitive world they aquired the knowledge of the people by force.  And began to master it's use.

Are there any survivors left from this world?  We all know that the force can grant un-natural long life. If there are no survivors perhaps there is knowledge left on this conquored planet.  Knowledge of force abilities that the sith would never use due to their light sided nature, or knowledge of force abilities so powerful that the anchient people who once inhabited the planet kept secret from the sith so they could not be used. 

If the force truely does try to keep balance, then why is there only "The True Sith" in the universe?  Where is it's counter part?  There should be some force in the universe that is equilly as powerful as the "True Sith" yet aligned with the light side of the force.  Perhaps they choose not to battle but instead rebuild what has been destroyed. 

Which brings up another question, is every sith truely and purely evil?  Is every light sided person purely good?

What happened to revan?  Could one of the most powerful jedi/sith ever have died?  Why did he have to go alone?

And what of the exile?  It doesn't seem logical that one who uses a force bond to gain strength from others would head out alone to follow revans footsteps.  The bonds the exile makes through the force is what gives him power, if he is not close to them then isn't the bond severed and the power he/she has lost?

Endings:

The endings in KOTOR 1 were quite satisfying no matter how you played the game.  I did not find the ending in KOTOR 2 equily satisfying.  As a result I would like to see KOTOR 3's ending be as satisfying as KOTOR 1's. 

What do I mean by satisfying?  You the player were rewarded for playing light side and given a medal, or you took over the galaxy on the star forge if you were dark sided.  That is closure.  I felt like I had accomplished something.

KOTOR 2's ending felt anti-climatic.  A ship flying off into space.  Was that a beginning?  Was it an end?  I certianly didn't feel like it was worth the hours of effort I put into the game.

well said and an answer to your question it felt like a begining to me becasue he going to set out to find revan and true sith but you have vist these planets mustafar and corsanct

Items.  Playing through so you get a different set of items each time you play... and the ability to play through 3 or 4 times before you get a repeat of "cool" items.  Would be nice.  (Don't read that as make cool items rare, read it as put lots for the games randomizer to choose from in.)  New types of armor, unique looks, customizable armors.  Dye-able armors.  Custom hilts for our lightsaber(s).  Go crazy.

Anyways, my thoughts.  And ideas.  And stuff.

I lik eyour Idea Only thing is in Kotor 2 I ended up with an assload of Onassi blasters and one of them I got On the Damn Ship I know it sounds a little crazy but Finding Jolee Bindo's Belt on the Ravenger get's pretty Crappy because there is no way it could have gotten onthere I killed him on the Unknown planet or he went with me to the star forge and we saved the galaxy but there is no way he left it on the Ravenger because So the random GEnerator thing was cool but let's try to put some limits on it because really the lsa thing I want is to end up with 600 (over exageration) onassi blasters which should be rare! even though I didn't even Like the Guy he's a whiny bitch but then again alot of people in starwars that are cool are whiny bitches!

mm well the idea doesn't have to mean specific character's equipment, just things that exude a "neat" factor. As to Jolee's belt... Well, it could have snagged on branch over in Wookie-land, where a Czerka employee found it. He promptly sold it for quite a profit to an intergalatic traveler who thought his cousin would like it. His cousin indeed did, but was soon "recruited" into the sith army. His prized posession was confiscated by a superior officer at port. That officer served on the Ravenger, where it was found by The Exile.

The end!

I would like Revan and Exile included into your part perhaps, but at the end, or atleast seen and mentioned.

Better cinematics

More freedom

And I would like to be the time period not as depressing as TSL was

well heres how the story you are the exlie you just escaped the destricon of malachor V

and with ebon hawk badly damaged again you only have one place you can go to corsanct when you land you will land in the jedi temple and workers there repair it and while you wait you find carth onasni greets you and helps you find basstilla in the mean time you meet to jedi who want to help one is a kaleesh and the other human and they help find basstila while your there you do quests and stuff and the ebon hawk is repaired and a man tells you bastilla is on the planet of correlia and when you find her she joins you to find revan and on the ship atton trys to flurt with her and she slaps him lol to be cotunied

well heres how the story you are the exlie you just escaped the destricon of malachor V

and with ebon hawk badly damaged again you only have one place you can go to corsanct when you land you will land in the jedi temple  and workers there repair it and while you wait  you find carth onasni greets you and helps you find basstilla in the mean time you meet to jedi who want to help one is a kaleesh and the other human and they help find basstila while your there you  do quests and stuff and the ebon hawk is repaired and a man tells you bastilla is on the planet of correlia and when you find her she joins you to find revan and on the ship atton trys to flurt with her and she slaps him lol to be cotunied

Seems good up to now...

After that u explore and do quests on Corellia... u eventually find a mysterious dark jedi spying on you... you then continue to Dantooine... to be continued...

P.S. I would prefer to have a new character. A new Jedi Knight.

Edited by Jedi Exile

Hello, I bought both games (Kotor I & II) only 2 month ago and played them both. Even though I liked them, they did (imho) not reach the level of games like Baldur's Gate or Planescape:Torment. Personally I blame the market because I think the pressure on companies like Obsidian is much too high.

More than any other category, rpgs need alot of creativity, patience and love ... or in other words ... time. And time costs money. Both Kotor games had imho more potential than they showed.

First thing I would change is the number of party members, even a party of 4 would be a great improvement.

You should be able to choose whether someone can come with you or not. I.e. I HATE Goto and I'd risk to blow up my ship just to get rid of it.

Many dialogue *options* are not really options. Sometimes you get to choose from 3 different responses but they all have the same effect. Why? And please remove dialogue options once they are used, it is silly to say the same things over and over and over.

There should be more interaction between the player and the npc companions. You should be able to change their alignment to a certain degree and they should have more mpact on the world and story. For example leave or betray the player.

The npc companions should have a bigger part in the story, like Bastila in part I. Bastila is by far the most real npc in both games, which makes her the most interesting character besides the player. They should have more and larger side quests which even lead into the main quest and maybe even change the possible ending.

Add more details. Random conversations, funny scenes that have nothing to do with anything, make us laugh or shake our heads in disbelief. Add more life. And more love.

I could sum up everything I mentioned above in one sentence: Kotor III should be more like Baldur's Gate.

In Kotor III I would like to have several questions answered that the other two left open. So I think the player should neither be Revan nor the Exile but a new character. Maybe an apprentice of the Exile or Revan. I would like to meet everyone from Kotor I & II and learn how everyone would have fared if I wasn't Revan or the Exile. Who fell in love with whom or even not, What sex did the main characters really have and were they good or evil or neither. Such things.

I think there should be more consequences with influence. For example, if you fall out of influence with someone, they'll storm away from you and you've then lost a party member.

I think this can also work if you have to pick sides between characters too many times. For example, if you consider adding a Bounty Hunter to your party and one of your party members disagrees with it because they don't like Bounty Hunters, then you would gain favor with the Bounty Hunter while losing it with the other individual, and more incidents like that can have the individual opposed to the Bounty Hunter walking out...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

i definatly think you should play anew jedi what was good about kotor 2 was playing a new character the exile.

The exile was a intresting character and I just think with a new character it helps give the game a fresh feel. Even though alot of aspects of kotor 2 was the same as 1 you wanted to do it again.

With a new Pc as well you could find out what happened to revan and the exile through interaction with other Npc's like in kotor 2

Cheers

I agree, but I think we should discover the fates of Revan and the Exile without actually seeing them at all.

I'd like to see a combination of Jedi Robe styles, I liked the ones in KOTOR II but I also really liked the ones in the original game.

Edited by KaanFun-We

Influence system:

The influence system in KOTOR 2 was an intresting idea.  The implementation of the system was decent, however the player feedback was non existant.

Players were not able to redeem themselves after saying something foolish.  (Example: In my attempts to convert handmaiden to a Jedi I got a little annoyed with the influence failures and basically told her to shut up.  After which point she would not speak with me again)

There were a number of planets in which the player lost his ability to gain influence with their party. Malachor V, The Raveger, and Korriban.  All of these places had 0 influence gain for the members of your party.  Considering that hand maiden's "Do you wish to spar?" is based on your characters level.  So if the handmaiden was one of the first people the player tried to earn influence with he could miss out on earning influence with everyone else in his party until late in the game.  At which point there was no more ability to gain influence with your party members.

Players who took 2 party members with them that could gain influence off of a quest could not pick who gained that influence.  It seemed somewhat random. 

Finally it wasn't clear when the influence was maxed out.  So that you could stop taking that person with you in your party and focus on gaining influence with others.

I think these things need to be made clear to the player in KOTOR 3.  So that a player doesn't spend a lot of time trying to earn influence (when they can not) with one specific character and neglect the others in their party.    Suggestions: Add some sort of an influence meter to the character screens, always have a way to "take back" something you've said, and finally allow the player to some how pick the person he wishes to influence if 2 party members can gain influence via the quest that was just completed.

Planets:

KOTOR 2's planets were satisfying to visit.  However I would say that 1-2 more planets were needed to provide my self with a feeling of a large universe.  The player visited what seemed more like a tutorial level (Ebon Hawk & the mining station), then went to telios, dantooine, korriban, Duxn/Onderonn, the ravager and finally Malachor V.

The player had previously visited Telios, Dantooine, Korriban in the previous game.  Which left few "new areas" to explore.  This made the game feel less expansive than it's predecessor.

I would certianly like to see around 4 new planets to explore in KOTOR 3.  I don't mind seeing old planets like tattoine, dantooine, korriban, but no matter how these planets age or what happens to them it just seems like you've been there before and there is little new to do there in terms of exploration.

I'd also like to suggest that a Force Sensitive planet be added in for KOTOR 3.  Think of this place like the Jedi Academy from Jedi Knight 2.  Where the players force abilities allow him to do things like open doorways, blow out fires blocking passages, move objects around to allow him to climb to higher locations and find hidden materials.

Abilities:

It would be nice if the player had the ability to use a lower rank of a force ability (Example: Force Persuade instead of Dominate mind) in instance where it was needed.  There were areas in KOTOR 2 where you could force persuade people only if you did not have dominate mind.

Force Jumping.  In KOTOR 1 when ever I would chose to attack an object at range my character would automatically force jump to their location.  In KOTOR 2 this did not happen.  It would randomly occur when I pressed the "attack" option, but not if I selected fury attack, power attack or anything else.  This should be fixed for KOTOR 3.

Loot:

While I do appriciate the randomness of some of the loot in KOTOR 2.  I find it highly annoying not to be able to retrieve enough lightsabers, robes for those who I turned into Jedi to use for half of the game. 

I suggest implementing a random loot system where you could create "Loot Pools". Similar to what they've done in World of Warcraft.  When you kill a boss you are gaurenteed to get an item of a specific quality level.  However the item may be a staff, a gun, a peice of armor etc.  This system is still random but it's random with constraints.  So that one time you don't loot a double bladed lightsaber from a container and other time recieve some broken items.

Also please add in more "Crystal caves" across various planets.  The one on dantooine was nice but due to the randomness of the loot system it was possible to get multiple of the same useless crystals along with the "Your name crystal".

One last thing on loot.  If the "Your Name" crystal is going to make it into KOTOR 3, please make sure that the player has the ability to upgrade his crystal before the final battles.  For example in KOTOR 2, once you were told to go to dantooine kreyia wouldn't speak to you about anything else until you got there and started your way down the path to the final battle.  I had to revert to a previous save game where i was fighting the final battle on onderonn, walk out of the palace and down to the security check point in order to get kreyia back into my party, upgrade my crystal and then I had to re-beat the level I had already passed because kreyia wouldn't talk to me afterwards.  It would also be good if the player was given some sort of queue in game to let him know when the crystal could be upgraded rather than having to continually prod NPC's like a kid on vacation "Are we there yet?"

I've recently replayed both KOTOR 1 and KOTOR 2 on my new HD TV (LCD) and one thing that I found rather upsetting was the fact that it was extremely difficult to detect the "Sith fighters" on the black stary backgrounds.  This was obviously due to the LCD black level preformance.  However many gamers especially those with 360's now have LCD screens with black level preformance much worse than mine.  I'd like this to be taken into consideration in the future for KOTOR 3. 

Story:

I would personally like to see KOTOR 3 expand on all the information we've accumulated in KOTOR 1 & 2.  About these "True Sith", their location, and what they are planning. 

Perhaps a little back story on the "True Sith" and how they aquired their affinity to the force.  The force tries to keep everything in balance.  So it is illogical that "The True Sith" are the first force sensitive beings in the universe.  I suspect that before the sith gained mastery over the force that they were a race similar to the mandalorians.  Fighting battle after battle, conquoring world after world.  If this is the case then it would seem likely that one of the worlds they defeated in battle by sheer numbers would be one filled with Force Sensitive People.  I'd expect this world to be highly advanced, using the force to power their ships and buildings.  But I wouldn't go so far as to say they were "jedi". 

The population of this planet would be very knowledgeable about the force. In fact they would more than likely have deeper knowledge of the force than any Jedi or Sith ever has.  They know that for every action there is an equil and opposite reaction.  So rather than try to be "Light sided" or "Dark sided" they would try to remain neutral.  Avoiding situations which required them to take sides, and if they had to take a side they would make certian that they did something in the future in order to return balance to the force.  Being neutral these force sensitive people wouldn't have avoided expressing their feelings of love or hatred either.  Knowing that keeping these emotions supressed is even more dangerous than unleashing them in full force.

Once the sith defeated this force sensitive world they aquired the knowledge of the people by force.  And began to master it's use.

Are there any survivors left from this world?  We all know that the force can grant un-natural long life. If there are no survivors perhaps there is knowledge left on this conquored planet.  Knowledge of force abilities that the sith would never use due to their light sided nature, or knowledge of force abilities so powerful that the anchient people who once inhabited the planet kept secret from the sith so they could not be used. 

If the force truely does try to keep balance, then why is there only "The True Sith" in the universe?  Where is it's counter part?  There should be some force in the universe that is equilly as powerful as the "True Sith" yet aligned with the light side of the force.  Perhaps they choose not to battle but instead rebuild what has been destroyed. 

Which brings up another question, is every sith truely and purely evil?  Is every light sided person purely good?

What happened to revan?  Could one of the most powerful jedi/sith ever have died?  Why did he have to go alone?

And what of the exile?  It doesn't seem logical that one who uses a force bond to gain strength from others would head out alone to follow revans footsteps.  The bonds the exile makes through the force is what gives him power, if he is not close to them then isn't the bond severed and the power he/she has lost?

Endings:

The endings in KOTOR 1 were quite satisfying no matter how you played the game.  I did not find the ending in KOTOR 2 equily satisfying.  As a result I would like to see KOTOR 3's ending be as satisfying as KOTOR 1's. 

What do I mean by satisfying?  You the player were rewarded for playing light side and given a medal, or you took over the galaxy on the star forge if you were dark sided.  That is closure.  I felt like I had accomplished something.

KOTOR 2's ending felt anti-climatic.  A ship flying off into space.  Was that a beginning?  Was it an end?  I certianly didn't feel like it was worth the hours of effort I put into the game.

well said and an answer to your question it felt like a begining to me becasue he going to set out to find revan and true sith but you have vist these planets mustafar and corsanct

How do you know that the Exile is going to visit Coruscant and Mustafar? Or were you just saying that you should be able to?

"May the Force be with you."

He is just saying that you should be able to. Though I fail to see the purpose of visiting Mustafar. Mainly because 4000 BBY, it's a lush green world for the Jedi. I fail to see the reasoning behind having to see all the planets that were in the movies.

Naboo - Early in colonization. Unless we want to listen to babbling Gungans then this needs to stay far, far away.

Tatooine - Been there.

Coruscant - Only one that probably needs to be seen.

Kamino - This place does have some Jedi history because of it's hidden artifacts (due to the destruction of Ossus) but it'd been nothing like in AOTC so your pratically better off without it.

Geonosis - Barren rock. Even the natives are scarce.

Utapau - Neutral world at this point. Too much like Manaan.

Mustafar - Lush Jedi world. That's what we have Dantooine for.

Alderaan - As much as I would like to see this world, it's just not worth while and would have nothing to offer except "artists and scholars".

Yavin - I wouldn't be surprised to see this at all.

Hoth - Barren ice world. Known only to smugglers and pirates. Simply nothing to be gained.

Bespin - Unknown planet until 2000 BBY.

Endor - It'd be like visiting a National Park.

He is just saying that you should be able to. Though I fail to see the purpose of visiting Mustafar. Mainly because 4000 BBY, it's a lush green world for the Jedi. I fail to see the reasoning behind having to see all the planets that were in the movies.

Naboo - Early in colonization. Unless we want to listen to babbling Gungans then this needs to stay far, far away. 

Tatooine - Been there.

Coruscant - Only one that probably needs to be seen.

Kamino - This place does have some Jedi history because of it's hidden artifacts (due to the destruction of Ossus) but it'd been nothing like in AOTC so your pratically better off without it.

Geonosis - Barren rock. Even the natives are scarce.

Utapau - Neutral world at this point. Too much like Manaan.

Mustafar - Lush Jedi world. That's what we have Dantooine for.

Alderaan - As much as I would like to see this world, it's just not worth while and would have nothing to offer except "artists and scholars".

Yavin - I wouldn't be surprised to see this at all.

Hoth - Barren ice world. Known only to smugglers and pirates. Simply nothing to be gained.

Bespin - Unknown planet until 2000 BBY.

Endor - It'd be like visiting a National Park.

Oh, okay.

I agree with you on all of the planets from the movies. Coruscant is the one of the only ones I really want to see. But if not any of those planets, which ones? Do you want to see new planets within the Unknown Regions, or some from the different KOTOR games, or planets that we have read about in novels and books? I want Coruscant, some from the Unknown Regions and novel planets. That could make the game interesting.

Edited by Ferr.M

"May the Force be with you."

I Think its more important that the planets you visit feel more like a planet on this game then last two games.

The fact you could visit the one area on each planet got a bit clostraphobic. It might be better to have fewer planets say 3 or 4, but have alot more things to do on each planet and more areas to visit.

Also it might good to have some of the more important or intresting quest needing you to travel to 2 or 3 of the planets, instead of just landing on a planet clearing all the quest then leaving.

I think this would make for more fun then 10 planets with very little to do.

Cheers

P.S I think the kotor games should stay well clear of the vader saga planets, maybe not coruscant but tatoonie and duntooine( i can't spell sorry) have been done it might be more intresting to see some planets that we have read in the EU comics but not seen before on film and game.