What You've Done Today - We do not remember days, we remember moments

ShadySands

Went and drew blood for my bp meds, and had my BP taken. My meds ran dry a couple of days ago, and there was a new nurse and she got very concerned and expressed so about my 170/110 which caused both me and the more senior nurse that knows of me to chortle. "Oh, it's about 100 to go for his personal record" 😄

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I got a bug up my rear re: some furniture and room organizing, which among other things entailed moving a bookshelf from garage to my PC room. Which means, ofc, that I suddenly gained the solo push/pull, scoot, drag-object strength of 5 men, because this has to go there, RIGHT NOW.  :) Anyway I was showing off/yapping about the results of my efforts w/the hubby later and somewhere he said "...with a husband who can't help you."

😧

...he's been getting progressively more mentally bummed/negative the past few months re: his back situation and inability to do anything remotely strenuous or sustained. Hoping upcoming summer weather and ability to do lots of short swims in the pool again will cheer him up some. We've also been trying to do a lot more short 30-60 minute excursions, whether a walk, errands, window shopping, let's try a new eatery, etc just to get him out of the house more often. Even those wear him out tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Working on something fun for the 20th Anni for the community with the Squad - excited for the reveal :) 

• Like 3
  • Gasp! 1

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

1 hour ago, Fionavar said:

Working on something fun for the 20th Anni for the community with the Squad - excited for the reveal :) 

Is it Obsidian Forum Adventures 3: The Wrath of Sonicmage117?

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 4

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My dad's back in the hospital, heart and lung issues are coming back. I'm trying not to be angry at him but his refusal to let anyone help him with anything until he practically collapses and his apparent delusion at the reality of his situation is just making me furious. I'm not a doctor and may be rushing to judgement but the fact is that he did not give himself time to rest and kept on trying to do stuff that left him winded and begging for help.

• Sad 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

32 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

My dad's back in the hospital, heart and lung issues are coming back. I'm trying not to be angry at him but his refusal to let anyone help him with anything until he practically collapses and his apparent delusion at the reality of his situation is just making me furious. I'm not a doctor and may be rushing to judgement but the fact is that he did not give himself time to rest and kept on trying to do stuff that left him winded and begging for help.

Strong personalities/people tend to be afraid of going down the road of slow decline and having to depend on someone else to help them do basic things and in some cases they are afraid of becoming a burden. My grandma is like that. She is strong as an ox, but sadly her heart is not up to the task anymore. But still she doesn't want to let up and does a lot of stuff day to day that wring her out by the end or simply crash her. On the one hand it's speeding up her demise, on the other it's keeping her occupied and alive. Her wish is a quick death and not a slow process that takes her down piece by piece.

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

1 hour ago, Sarex said:

Strong personalities/people tend to be afraid of going down the road of slow decline and having to depend on someone else to help them do basic things and in some cases they are afraid of becoming a burden. My grandma is like that. She is strong as an ox, but sadly her heart is not up to the task anymore. But still she doesn't want to let up and does a lot of stuff day to day that wring her out by the end or simply crash her. On the one hand it's speeding up her demise, on the other it's keeping her occupied and alive. Her wish is a quick death and not a slow process that takes her down piece by piece.

I can see that, but the thing is that he's more of a burden when he tries to do stuff and has been told so every time we have to rush him a chair and water. He's also convinced himself that there isn't a big issue with his lungs despite having been a heavy smoker since he was a teenager and struggles for breath constantly. It's just exhausting.

8 minutes ago, PK htiw klaw eriF said:

I can see that, but the thing is that he's more of a burden when he tries to do stuff and has been told so every time we have to rush him a chair and water. He's also convinced himself that there isn't a big issue with his lungs despite having been a heavy smoker since he was a teenager and struggles for breath constantly. It's just exhausting.

Ah, well sadly that is not unique either. Grandma doesn't listen to a word we say. We beg, shout and plead, but it doesn't matter. Oh she will accept it and promise whatnot, but will then turn around and do whatever she wants. There is a good saying, we are born as children and we die as children.

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

5am and sitting in an airport, trying to wake myself up with some strong coffee 😝

Ah well, I better hope Perth is worth getting out of bed a 3:30 n the morning for 😖

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Find out what bonus I get this week, I suspect i'll get a gift card to Burger King.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

4 hours ago, Sarex said:

Safe travels.

Since Australia is a bit backwards when it comes to the internet I wanted to try a “novelty” (for me) and join the… not the mile high club but posting forum post from 37000 feet altitude 😂

Bastard turbulence over the South Australian coast makes typing hard though, almost knocking the phone out of my hand twice while typing …. Wheeee! 🥴

edit internet access becoming generally available for free on domestic flights and relieves boredom on a five hour flight 😔

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Taking over all the utilities for the house at the moment, plus organising times with my sister to do house jenga as we tidy and sort stuff figuring out dad's things.

Have the solicitor's appointment this afternoon to double-check legal aspects of probate and all in regards to his will and inheritance tax.  Have to get on track for dealing with dad's bank stuff and related matters. Also need to dig through the paperwork for the house insurance documents and such...

On the flip side, having a few random days off work here and there so that's making an odd end to the working FY. And randomly spacing out time on City of Heroes in the background.

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I went to AEW Revolution at the Greensboro Coliseum for Sting's retirement match (and the other matches too). What a fantastic show top to bottom and a great sendoff to an all-time legend. Tony Khan did right by Sting, it's hard to imagine a better way to go out. Anyway, good thing I can still type because my throat is all types of hoarse after all the yelling I did.

vvyGYVI.jpeg

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Today I got a website!

forkcat.com

I am really happy with it.

Very happy I got the domain name. Then again who else would have wanted that?

The internet is full of all kinds of weirdos...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

Yeah, who else but the guy making those painted forks? 😁

Congrats

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gorth said:

Bastard turbulence over the South Australian coast makes typing hard though, almost knocking the phone out of my hand twice while typing …. Wheeee! 🥴

I don't know if it's luck or what (I mean, it's not as if I've flown dozens of times over there), but it seems to me that flying around those areas is always turbulent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

forkcat.com

-snip-

Honestly, I'm surprised you managed to get that. Given that fork (verb) is a rather common term in the programming world, especially in the open source space, and given that a rather sizable percentage of the population are people obsessed with cats, there has to be significant overlap in that Venn diagram. I'm shocked some cat loving programmer out there with a penchant for splitting projects off of other projects didn't snatch it up.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Over the Christmas holiday I had purchased myself a cheap Chinese 10" digital picture frame and the Wi-Fi pooped the bed within a couple of weeks. So we returned it and didnt order a replacement and I just chalked it up as not getting one. Loe and behold my wife surprised me and found one on Ebay, still unopened and 15", that must have fallen off the back of a truck as we got it for $100 under list price ($200), woohoo!. I love it: Amazon.com : Aura Walden 15" WiFi Digital Picture Frame | The Best Digital Frame for Gifting | Send Photos from Your Phone | Quick, Easy Setup in Aura App | Free Unlimited Storage | Ink with White Mat : Electronics

Also could have gone with felinetines.com, or maybe tinesoffelines.com

• Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The main reason I haven't given up on my two remaining webdomain/servers is because I know I'd never get the names again. So I keep paying for them forever even tho at this point they are only glorified image hosts and email servers. Twice now I've had someone wanting me to give up crimsonkeep-com before. But since it didn't come with an offer of $250k+, I declined. 

;) 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey! You weren't invited!  :)

pool-ducks-1.jpg

...some just show up occasionally. They take a dip, wander the yard and eat grass. They're obviously used to/unafraid of people, if/when we notice, we have to walk up pretty close to "shoo" them so they'll exit pool/fly out of the yard. 😄 

• Like 3

Had to put my eldest cat to sleep. Farwell, Xiu Xiu. Nothing will ever fill that empty space heart...IMG-20240308-WA0001.thumb.jpg.2976534a03bdc2199cc4fd51abc114a2.jpg

• Sad 9

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.